• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

DIME:

One thing too, is that there is much controversy over the scripture I'm refering to that it could mean different things. So I'm even will to drop that point of the discussion as a fallacy of interpretation on my part. IT still, however, doesn't nullify an eternal security position.

Yes, there is controversy today, but it wasn't always that way. :huh:

The original church in Acts 2 all believed the same thing. Too bad we don't today.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

DIME:

One thing too, is that there is much controversy over the scripture I'm refering to that it could mean different things. So I'm even will to drop that point of the discussion as a fallacy of interpretation on my part. IT still, however, doesn't nullify an eternal security position.

Joel, you took the words right out of my mouth. The meaning of the sin that leads to death is unclear. Most people think that it is unbelief and rejection of God. :huh:

This is just a nitpick, so it can be avoided. Careful saying most. Some believe that sin unto death is a spiritual death where the Holy Spirit is silent inside of you. It leaves such a void that a person is left with no choice but to turn back to Christ.

Others, however, believe it is a physical death.

Yet others believe your interpretation.

However, it's hard to use a word as most when it comes to interpretative issues that are hotly debated, because there isn't a clear concensus on where the Church falls.

DIME:

The original church in Acts 2 all believed the same thing. Too bad we don't today.

Eh, yes, there's always been controversy and divisions within the church. Maybe not over this issue, but over others. Gnosticism was one of the first hotly contested items that even Paul had to face.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

What

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Okay, SJ, I attempted to explain why I quoted the comments you made but perhaps you breezed past them. No biggie. Obviously you feel you were attacked by me so I do in all sincerity apologize and ask that we can continue on in christian love with the topic at hand.

:huh::) Bless you sister!

DIME:

Eh, yes, there's always been controversy and divisions within the church. Maybe not over this issue, but over others. Gnosticism was one of the first hotly contested items that even Paul had to face.

Not in Acts 2:

Acts 2:42-44

They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common.

A good Scripture to discuss?  Revelation 3:5.

Revelation 3:5

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

(edited to remove quote tag - nothing else. :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

BTw, this is beginning to look like another witch hunt.

"Joel said we could be wrong! He's a heretic"

Noooooo, Joel said " I'm always right" THAT'S why the appearance of a "witch hunt". If Joel said "we" could be wrong, that's no biggie....I admit I can be wrong. See the difference ? BIG difference ?

And FYI, I'm here as a poster, not a mod. Get off the "you should leave, you're a moderator" please :huh: That's not appropriate to say anyway ( even though I'm not offended by it )....

BTw, this is beginning to look like another witch hunt.

"Joel said we could be wrong! He's a heretic"

Noooooo, Joel said " I'm always right" THAT'S why the appearance of a "witch hunt". If Joel said "we" could be wrong, that's no biggie....I admit I can be wrong. See the difference ? BIG difference ?

And FYI, I'm here as a poster, not a mod. Get off the "you should leave, you're a moderator" please :huh: That's not appropriate to say anyway ( even though I'm not offended by it )....

Quote me where I said that bob. If you can, I'll give you a cookie. If not, then I think you're done. Now, do you have the integrity and fortitude to get back on the subject, or is this what I can expect from you?