O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

Let me ask you rejoice (since you and larry are together), if that was made into a hxc song, would you say it was of the devil?

again, i ask

oh, and btw....that music is copywrited.....so larry, do you listed to it or do you disagree with your friend's choice of music?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Let me ask you rejoice (since you and larry are together), if that was made into a hxc song, would you say it was of the devil?

Joel,

Briefly, you throw out the bath water and keep the baby. The words were not so much my contention, though words are important. Again I do not doubt the sincerity of any of these people. There are many sincere people who are wrong. Mormons, JW's, Muslims. Sincerity is not the issue.

The anger, hostility, hatred, bitterness that comes accross in the music speaks much more loudly than the words. The same anger, hostility, hatred, and bitterness is very often manifested in the lives of those who listen to this music.

Music by itself creates moods. Funeral marchs - mourning, the music to "Ode to Joy" is nothing by uplifting. The countainance of those that perform this music is hard and angry when they are on stage. You can see it in their faces.

Pr 21:29

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The anger, hostility, hatred, bitterness that comes accross in the music speaks much more loudly than the words. The same anger, hostility, hatred, and bitterness is very often manifested in the lives of those who listen to this music.

You keep insisting on this "evilness".

PROVE that these Christians are hostile, bitter, and hateful. You just claim that they do all of these things. What the cheese do you know about these people, and what the cheese do you know about Joel and I that grants you even a miniscule amount of evidence towards that claim?

Prove it. And if you fail to do so, then it only stands (both logically and debate-wise) that your argument is not only 1 - unfounded, but 2 - wrong, and 3 - should be retracted.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Joel,

Last one tonight for me I think.  It is getting late.

I've implied you're ignorant and misinformed and unwilling to admit you're wrong. I'm right in those accusations. You've implied that I'm from satan (in your last comment, firey darts) and that I'm not a true Christian because I listen to hxc. Gee Larry, could you maybe point your finger at yourself too?

You not only implied but but came right out and said it. I have never even hinted at you not being a christian let alone have I called you any name. When I am wrong I do admit it.

What I have hinted at is that demons can and are in christians and that they need to be cast out. The demons speak through you. You said a while back that you take meds for anxiety and depression. You seek a remedy that will not work because it does not get to the root problem. I would like to deal with Joel and not SJ. The blood bought person that does not need to be driven by the anxiety and depression. I do love you Joel. I love the Joel that Jesus Christ died for. I could care less about the SJ, superhero, no it all, never wrong, costumed crusader. I am free to be who I was created to be.

I shall return.

shalom

LT

So an evil spirit can co-exit with the Holy Spirit inside a believer? Oi vey...no wonder you're so paranoid.

And it is in very poor taste for you to reference Joel's depression. Number one, it has nothing to do with this topic. Number two, he hasn't sought your advice on it. Number three, you don't know what you're talking about. Number four, you lack grace and love. Number five, you live in fear.....so it's hypocritical for you to tell anyone how to deal with anxiety or depression. Why don't you get healed first and then you can share the remedy with everyone else?

Back to topic: by what authority are you judging the hardcore Christian music?

* are you judging it based on the musicians and their "lifestyles"?

* are you judging it based on the lyrics?

* are you jugding it based on the rhythym?

...in each of these categories it has been shown how this music is beneficial, the artists LIVE what they are singing about, the lyrics are sound and the only argument you've presented thus far is that YOU don't understand it or that YOU don't prefer it. Face it, larry, this comes down to personal preference...NOT principle. But just like with everything else, if it doesn't appeal to YOU, it's evil....satanict, occultic....everything is "unclean" to you.

The anger, hostility, hatred, bitterness that comes accross in the music speaks much more loudly than the words.  The same anger, hostility, hatred, and bitterness is very often manifested in the lives of those who listen to this music.

You keep insisting on this "evilness".

PROVE that these Christians are hostile, bitter, and hateful. You just claim that they do all of these things. What the cheese do you know about these people, and what the cheese do you know about Joel and I that grants you even a miniscule amount of evidence towards that claim?

Prove it. And if you fail to do so, then it only stands (both logically and debate-wise) that your argument is not only 1 - unfounded, but 2 - wrong, and 3 - should be retracted.

Dear Striving,

I will stand on what I know of God's Word. It is a solid Rock.

On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

If you refuse to hear what the scriptures say I can do nothing about that. As for the countanance We cannot post pictures here as far as I am aware. I said they look hard and angry, not joyful. I haven't seen the smiles and joy as they play.

As for retracting. You are at liberty to disagree with me if you wish.

Ro 3:4  God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Striving I do love you with the love that Jesus has given me.

LT

I said they look hard and angry, not joyful.

Matthew 7:1 specifically forbids us to judge off of apperance.

oh contrare Joel, We can tell much about the countenance of a person.

Ge 4:5  But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Ge 4:6

oh contrare Joel, We can tell much about the countenance of a person.

Ge 4:5

Guest Strservant

Do you realize that in all your posts that you disagree with you have to throw a barb? Does that really make you feel better? Good thing that we have a shield of faith that quenches all the firey darts of the enemy.

Super Jew,

I guess I will try one more time to share this with you and hope you will take it as it is meant.

Let me start by saying that I respectfully disagree with Larry on this topic. I have seen people saved at Christian Rock concerts and I also know of some of the lives these people lead. I do not listen to the hardcore because it is not my musical taste. With that being said...

I understand there is a bit of a fued going on between LarryT and rejpoiceevermore and you and Tess. However, looking at other threads I am seeing other places where fun is being made by you and Tess for someone's opinion. I am nothing and am not without sin and am not trying to throw stones but please hear me when I say that your posts that use to be spirit filled and uplifting to me are now void of this. You are so intelligent and such a good debater that you should not have to stoop to this. If you believe they are stooping to this then why would you want to stoop to their level??? I pray that this will not be taken as a rebuke rather as concern.

Please let me say this also. The reason this was put in the public forum instead of in PM's is I spoke about another person in here and I wanted it to be seen what I said so there was nothing being said that wasn't truly said. I'm not saying that you are guilty of this but there is way too much stuff going on behind the scenes and people being discussed. This was the only way I knew for this not to happen.

God Bless You,

Strservant

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Worship, what is it?

Is it Gospel music?

Is it hxc?

Is it punk rock?

Is it swing?

Is it hymns?

Is it pop?

Is it techno?

Is it salsa?

Is it emo?

Is it screamo?

Is it post-hardcore?

Is it praise and worship?

The answer: It is none of those things.

Worship is at the heart. Job worshipped completely naked, with a shaved head. He had no music, nor did Paul or Jesus.

God does not care how we worship Him and bring glory ti Him...just that we do it. What is the difference between me singing "Victory in Jesus" and literally screaming at the top of my lungs "God I love you like the morning loves the sun!!!!"?

If music is what is inherently evil, then there is ABSOLUTELY no criteria as to what is "good music" and "bad music". For all we know, the upbeat tempo of a southern gospel song may be too much for God's ears. If music is what glorifies God...then my voice certainly doesn't bring glory to Him.

Since when, after Jesus came and went, has God ever...EVER looked at our outside before our heart? Did not Jesus make the best example of reading the heart before the appearance? If Jesus can call a WHORE blessed because of her intentions and heart to serve Jesus...why can't someone who praises God through yelling get the same reaction from God?

God said "When two or more gather in my name, there also I will be". It seems to me God is not concerned with HOW...but WHY we gather.