O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If love is apparently so strong, then why is it that Christian hxc is getting trashed, as well as those who both listen and play it?

What display of love is there when someone comes outright and says that Christians who listen to the music are demonic and not true Christians?

I provided why the music was neutral, I get called worldly.

Larry, if you're not condemning anyone, then how about stating something about how Christian hxc isn't evil then? Because as it stands, you have in no way retracted any of the statements you made regarding your search of "Christian hardcore".

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Dear Striving,

If love is apparently so strong, then why is it that Christian hxc is getting trashed, as well as those who both listen and play it?

What display of love is there when someone comes outright and says that Christians who listen to the music are demonic and not true Christians?

I take it that "hxc" means "hardcore?" You are obviously very passionate about the music, and I hope you are even more passionate about the Lord Jesus. I hope anything that stands in the way of our loving God with our whole heart, mind, soul, and strength would readily be abandoned for the excellency of the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

If you haven't noticed yet I hate sin a lot, but the God we serve hates sin infinitly more. What does "whatsoever is not of faith is sin" mean? Yes God is love but He is also holy, righteous, just, merciful, full of wrath toward sin, soverign, omnipotent, & etc. I do love you as my sister in the Lord.

Did you read what I said accurately? If you are a true Christian you will know the truth. That is a promise made by Jesus Himself.

Joh 8:31

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Bless you Larry. Your response was gentle and kind. :)

Saints, thank you for toning it down. :) Enjoy the discussion and try to see one another's points. Do NOT expect to agree but you should remember what we all have in common...Jesus Christ, who is worthy of our passions and fulfills all our desires & needs.

Be Blessed,

Wayne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I take it that "hxc" means "hardcore?" You are obviously very passionate about the music, and I hope you are even more passionate about the Lord Jesus. I hope anything that stands in the way of our loving God with our whole heart, mind, soul, and strength would readily be abandoned for the excellency of the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I won't share Amanda's testimony on here for that is not my role. However, I dare venture to say she has endured more as a youg Christian than any of us have in our entire lives. She has lived an example that I wish more Christian youth could follow. She absolutely loves Christ and likes to listen to Hardcore music.

Notice it says that if you continue in the Word. It doesn't say if you continue in the music. Godly music will lift our spirits and get us to think thoughts of God and the Lord Jesus. Can you honestly say that hxc fits any of these catagories?

Yes, I will honestly say that Christian hxc allows me and others to express our worship for God. You say it was oppressive but that is your feelings and your opinion. The Word of God speaks absolutely nothing against it.

The christian can live on whatever level they want. Rom. 8:1 there is now NO CONDEMNATION...(read the whole verse) to them that are in Christ Jesus, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT. Could this be the Holy Spirit saying "you are walking after the flesh?"

I have not nor will I at this point retract what I have said about hardcore. I you want to listen to that stuff who is stopping you. I think you could listen to way better music.

Is the HOly Spirit saying this or is Larry saying this? You still need to substantiate:

* That hxc is wordly

* That it doesn't please God

* That it causes a Christian to stumble

I'm sorry Larry, you are trying to come across as nice and loving, unfortunately your message condemns.

I won't share Amanda's testimony on here for that is not my role. However, I dare venture to say she has endured more as a youg Christian than any of us have in our entire lives. She has lived an example that I wish more Christian youth could follow. She absolutely loves Christ and likes to listen to Hardcore music.

Notice it says that if you continue in the Word. It doesn't say if you continue in the music. Godly music will lift our spirits and get us to think thoughts of God and the Lord Jesus. Can you honestly say that hxc fits any of these catagories?

Yes, I will honestly say that Christian hxc allows me and others to express our worship for God. You say it was oppressive but that is your feelings and your opinion. The Word of God speaks absolutely nothing against it.

The christian can live on whatever level they want. Rom. 8:1 there is now NO CONDEMNATION...(read the whole verse) to them that are in Christ Jesus, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT. Could this be the Holy Spirit saying "you are walking after the flesh?"

I have not nor will I at this point retract what I have said about hardcore. I you want to listen to that stuff who is stopping you. I think you could listen to way better music.

Is the HOly Spirit saying this or is Larry saying this? You still need to substantiate:

* That hxc is wordly

* That it doesn't please God

* That it causes a Christian to stumble

I'm sorry Larry, you are trying to come across as nice and loving, unfortunately your message condemns.

Joel,

Thank you for responding to the post to Striving.

You also appear to be very passionate for this music. If you would please. What catagory of music does hxc fit in the bible. You must have overlooked this part of my post.

Eph 5:19  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Col 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Is it a psalm, or hymn, spiritual song, or is it somthing that we can make melody or grace in our hearts. Maybe you can find some scriptural backing this music. This type is not music that brings us together. It definitly does not make the demons flee as David's music did.

LT

Is it a psalm, or hymn, spiritual song, or is it somthing that we can make melody or grace in our hearts. Maybe you can find some scriptural backing this music.

If falls into all three:

psalmos is simply another term for striking the chords of a stringed instrument (guitar and bass), humnos is a song of praise to God...it doesn't specify what kind of praise, just a song, pneumatikos is a song that relates to the human soul, that stirs up emotion. Thus, how can hxc not fall under this translation larry? Hxc causes emotion in people's hearts, it causes many to reflect on God, it uses stringed instruments, ect. The fact is Larry, the bible only specifies that music should be used to uplift others. It doesn't specify what genre, style, or anything.

This type is not music that brings us together.

No Larry, it's the teachings of Terry Watkins and Dial the Truth Ministries and fundamentalist like this that prevent us from comming together. It's people who are unwilling to work past their differences. The seniors at a church here in Dallas brought in 3 Christian HXC bands to bring youth to their church. The SENIORS...granted, they didn't stay because it wasn't their style nor could their ears handle it, but they waited out in the forum and greeted the kids as they came in and went out. I bet the demons were pleased that night, eh Larry?

It definitly does not make the demons flee as David's music did.

Provide biblical proof. If you can find a scripture that says "HXC music is evil" then I'll believe you. You say, "this music doesn't drive demaons away". Well then prove it Larry. You've yet to prove a single thing you've said.

Joel,

So why do we need anything to entice people to come to church? Why are we trying to build the church. Did not Christ say:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
If you want to have an entertainment center for goats. Be my guest. Whatever you use to get them in the door you will have to use to keep them there. Of course they won't endure sound doctrine. They want entertainment. Entertainment won't save anyone. The church is already full to the rafters with false converts.

Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father, Amen.

LT

Joel,

So why do we need anything to entice people to come to church? Why are we trying to build the church. Did not Christ say:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
If you want to have an entertainment center for goats. Be my guest. Whatever you use to get them in the door you will have to use to keep them there. Of course they won't endure sound doctrine. They want entertainment. Entertainment won't save anyone. The church is already full to the rafters with false converts.

Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father, Amen.

LT

1) I did not say we needed to entice people to church

2) Church is meant for the unbeliever

3) The sound doctrine and not tolerating it is speaking of those who are saved and/or lost and have no desire to come to church

4) Paul and peter both used banquets to get people into a church setting

5) You're judging all people who listen to hxc as goats

6) The seniors merely recognized the differences in style of music in worship

7) Kids did accept Christ at this concert/praise session

8) There are many pastors/ministers today who reach out to this generation using this music and sound doctrine

9) You insinuate that hxc isn't sound doctrine thus people will listen to it yet still have not backed up how hxc isn't sound doctrine or not of God

10) You act as if though it's a sin to have the lost within church

11) The event was meant for Christian youth to worship God through music in their way, the youth just happened to invite their friends

12) It brought the old and young together and some great friendships were formed out it

13) You haven't substantiated why this is a bad event

14) Nothing in the Bible prohibits us from throwing concerts or other things in order to get people inside the church to hear the Gospel

15) You insinuate that God wants His gospel preached a certain way and doesn't want us to bring people into a comfortable enviroment to hear it

16) You assumed that the Gospel wasn't preached through the music.

Now for further proof that Christian HXC and alternative (not all the evidence will be from a HXC band) a way to praise God I offer you the following lyrics:

Zao-Growing in Grace

His love

He is King

He is with us

He is God

He is with us

He is God

In refuge and strength

Ever present help in trouble

Without fear

As the nations uproar

And the kingdoms fall

He lifts

His voice melting

He is with us

He is God

He is with us

He is God

In His purpose

I will stand

I've been renewed by Him alone

We've been made by the Maker

Bought by the Buyer Broken

by the Breaker

I am His.

Dead Poetic- Bliss Tearing Eyes(btw, this is one of my favorite songs)

I hear a lot about God. Jesus said

Joh 12:32  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.

Joh 15:26

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Don't question my walk, nor the ways in which music has helped my faith.

That is probably the biggest offense I will take personally.

I'm out. It's all you guys.

Edited by Eternally Striving