O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Hey look, a response. See, it's not so hard.

And it is past my "bed time". But I found a loophole by putting off taking the trash out, so I can't go to bed until I do.

Man, I should be stoned to death. :)

Yes, yes you should. I hope I get to stay up to see that! :)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Hey look, a response. See, it's not so hard.

And it is past my "bed time". But I found a loophole by putting off taking the trash out, so I can't go to bed until I do.

Man, I should be stoned to death. :)

Works for me....I was an only child for 4 years and kind of liked it :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm so confused. Here are two EXACT OPPOSITE statements made from you.

Striving,

Would you please paste it in your next post for all to see that I said that ALL music is demonic. If not should I demand that you retract the statement?

Your anger and hatred toward me shows me the carryover that the music has on you. Do you wonder where I get the idea from?

LT

And that particular music is demonic, meaning that it is conducive to demonic influence in the same way that voodoo music, santaria music, indian pagan music, etc is demonic. I DID NOT SAY ALL MUSIC IS DEMONIC. That is my opinion.

LT

So which is it? First you think that I'm taking quotes out of context, when I'm really not, then you say one thing in one post and completely go against yourself in another...

By the way, don't think that my "anger" is a result of my musical taste, and don't judge me based on my music. There are outside reasons, of which I shall not discuss.

Edited by Eternally Striving

Larry, here is some advice. Give up a search on trying to find out if the type of music is evil because you're not going to be able to prove it. The thing is, it all comes down to intent. Why is a person listening to this music and why is a person singing this music? I think the intent has been proven. For those who sing it, from a Christian perspective, it's to honor and glorify God and to listen to their own calling. For those listening, it's a form for them to express worship to God and to learn about God. The fact is, those who listen to Christian hxc and those who don't both grow in the Lord Larry. I even think it's possible for people who listsen to Southern Gospel to grow in the Lord :blink:

If a person sings this stuff or listens to this stuff with an intent other than to glorify God, then yes, the music becomes evil, only because of their intent. But this can be said of all music.

The beat, the sound, and the vocals cannot and are not spiritual by nature. They are lifeless objects thus do not assume an actual spirit. The only way they become spiritual is by the message that is put behind them. They cannot be opresseive or depressive unless the spirit behind them is that way. It cannot be uplifting or encouraging unless the spirit behind them is that way.

larry, please, open up your mind and heart and see this. Please realize that you are condemning and alienating your brothers and sisters in Christ simply because they prefer a different style of music.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Joel,

larry, please, open up your mind and heart and see this. Please realize that you are condemning and alienating your brothers and sisters in Christ simply because they prefer a different style of music.

I believe you have truly misjudged me. It seems to me that you look at some points and totally disregard others. The last thing I would ever do is Comdemn my brothers & sisters in Christ. I was one of those wounded christians that the legalists tried to shoot. I try to chose my words carefully. How easy it is for someone's intent to be misconstrued. I am just a person as you are. And I do make mistakes. Wayne posted the quote below. I have said the same thing several times in different ways. Do you remember me posting a similar one? The bridge is out? Is it possible that I might have some understanding about some things that you haven't concidered yet. And I am NOT telling you to believe everything I say just because I say it. You must be fully persuaded in your own mind. If what I say elicits anger and hatred, is it not what the pharisees responded with to our Lord. Absolutely, not one of my posts has been fueled by anger over what someone has said. There have been times that the well is just under the foot though.

My favorite metaphor is one where a person is walking towards a deep dark well in the ground. They are oblivious to the well and are headed straight for it soon to fall in and risk severe injury. What would you do? We would do everything we could within our power to get their attention, wouldn

Larry, this is the problem. You say you've done nothing to condemn Christians or alienate them. Yet you posted about how true Christians don't listen to hxc music. You said anyone who was a true Christian and had the spirit of God would know better. Likewise you're condeming us in saying we need to be warned about hxc when you've never been able to prove that it's evil. How can you warn us if you can't even prove it's evil?

Larry, this is the problem. You say you've done nothing to condemn Christians or alienate them. Yet you posted about how true Christians don't listen to hxc music.  Likewise you're condeming us in saying we need to be warned about hxc when you've never been able to prove that it's evil. How can you warn us if you can't even prove it's evil?

Joel,

Come let us reason together. Please quote me correctly. I cannot condemn anybody, There is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. If you think you are comdemned maybe just maybe you may not be walking after the Spirit. Joel is it possible that you misinterpreted what I said?

Ro 8:1

Quote you? Okay:

You can't hear the words and the music is no different than the demonic stuff of DEATH METAL and PUNK. THE MUSIC IS DEMONIC. God is not honored by this filth.  All true christians will know what music honors God because all true christians have the Spirit of God and not the spirit of the world.

All true Christians will know this Larry? And you say you're not condemning anyone?

Again, prove that it's not of God.

I could care less how I come across to you larry. My goal in this is to prove you wrong, I have not kept that hidden at all. I want to so you can see you are wrong on this issue and will stop condemning Christians.

All true christians will know

will know -- some time in the future, maybe not until they get to heaven

NO MORE

THE MUSIC IS DEMONIC. God is not honored by this filth.