• Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Dear JJ

You bring out some good points.

God does not care how we worship Him and bring glory ti Him...just that we do it. What is the difference between me singing "Victory in Jesus" and literally screaming at the top of my lungs "God I love you like the morning loves the sun!!!!"?

-- There is a line in the song in my signature that says "songs of LOUDEST praise. The only requirements are that worship be according to SPIRIT & TRUTH

If music is what is inherently evil, then there is ABSOLUTELY no criteria as to what is "good music" and "bad music". For all we know, the upbeat tempo of a southern gospel song may be too much for God's ears. If music is what glorifies God...then my voice certainly doesn't bring glory to Him.

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE has ever said that music is inherently EVIL. Statements like these are inflamitory, at best and LIES worst. READ THE POSTS CAREFULLY

What has been said is that some music lifts the spirit and some oppresses the spirit. MUSIC IS SPIRITUAL.

Since when, after Jesus came and went, has God ever...EVER looked at our outside before our heart? Did not Jesus make the best example of reading the heart before the appearance? If Jesus can call a WHORE blessed because of her intentions and heart to serve Jesus...why can't someone who praises God through yelling get the same reaction from God?

Again no one is questioning the sincerity of anybody here.

God said "When two or more gather in my name, there also I will be". It seems to me God is not concerned with HOW...but WHY we gather.

Jesus Christ is concerned with EVERY aspect of our lives, how, why, that, where, when, everything that we would be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.

LT

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

-- There is a line in the song in my signature that says "songs of LOUDEST praise. The only requirements are that worship be according to SPIRIT & TRUTH

You haven't shown how these songs are not in Spirit or Truth. How do they differ from the song in your signature?

What has been said is that some music lifts the spirit and some oppresses the spirit.

You haven't shown how these songs (which are praise and worship) oppress the spirit.

MUSIC IS SPIRITUAL.

Music has a spirit?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE has ever said that music is inherently EVIL. Statements like these are inflamitory, at best and LIES worst. READ THE POSTS CAREFULLY

What has been said is that some music lifts the spirit and some oppresses the spirit. MUSIC IS SPIRITUAL.

No, you specifically said that music is demonic, thereby implying that it is in fact evil.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Non-living objects, like my voice, my guitar, my drums, or my piano...don't have Spirits. They can EXPRESS my Spirit, but they themselves have no Spirit, thus exempting them from being inherently spiritual, in a a rightous or evil sense.

It is my heart that is Spiritual, and my heart is all that matters to God. My heart determines my actions, and if my heart is praising God, how could my actions differ?

Jesus Christ is concerned with EVERY aspect of our lives, how, why, that, where, when, everything that we would be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said "Where two or more gather in My name, there also will I be". He doesn't say where is what matters, or when is what matters. IN MY NAME is all that matters. If people meet in Christ's name and play hardcore, what is wrong with that?

If the intentions of the heart are not being questioned, then you have absolutely no case whatsoever that hxc is inherently depressing and rebellious.

• Followers:  3

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE has ever said that music is inherently EVIL.  Statements like these are inflamitory, at best and LIES worst. READ THE POSTS CAREFULLY

What has been said is that some music lifts the spirit and some oppresses the spirit.  MUSIC IS SPIRITUAL.

No, you specifically said that music is demonic, thereby implying that it is in fact evil.

Striving,

Would you please paste it in your next post for all to see that I said that ALL music is demonic. If not should I demand that you retract the statement?

Your anger and hatred toward me shows me the carryover that the music has on you. Do you wonder where I get the idea from?

LT

I listened to some of the music.  You can't hear the words and the music is no different than the demonic stuff of DEATH METAL and PUNK.  THE MUSIC IS DEMONIC.  God is not honored by this filth.

This is what you said about this christian music called Hardcore.

Your anger and hatred toward me shows me the carryover that the music has on you. Do you wonder where I get the idea from?

LT

Anger and hatred?

• Followers:  3

I listened to some of the music.  You can't hear the words and the music is no different than the demonic stuff of DEATH METAL and PUNK.  THE MUSIC IS DEMONIC.  God is not honored by this filth.

This is what you said about this christian music called Hardcore.

And that particular music is demonic, meaning that it is conducive to demonic influence in the same way that voodoo music, santaria music, indian pagan music, etc is demonic. I DID NOT SAY ALL MUSIC IS DEMONIC. That is my opinion.

LT

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

I listened to some of the music.

larry, you're contradicting yourself. Either music is inherently evil or it isn't. Which is it?