49 vs 50 year Jubilee Cycle

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Could someone please enlighten me regarding the Jubilee Cycles.

Leviticus 25:10

And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you, when each of you shall return to his property and each of you shall return to his clan.

Some scholars indicate that the Cycle is 50 years, while others say it's actually 49 years, and the 50th year is also the first year of the next cycle.

I'm leaning towards 49 years only because of the following:

There's a seven day week

There's a seven week counting of the omer

There's a seven month period of the Lord's Feasts

There's a seven year agricultural cycle

Seven agricultural cycles would equal 49 years

Leviticus 25:3-4

For six years you shall sow your field, and for six years you shall prune your vineyard and gather in its fruits, 4 but in the seventh year there shall be a Sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a Sabbath to the LORD. You shall not sow your field or prune your vineyard.

And I'm guessing there's a 7000 year timeline for creation. ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Theres a book out, really long but available online called The Sabbath and the Jubilee Cycle by R. Glover, I hear is pretty good. It is every 50 years counting from the end of one to the beginning of another. Just like the counting of the omer, starting at Sunday that becomes the first day, so we do so for the years when counting to the Jubilees. From what I read 2017 or close to that is going to be a Jubilee year, weird how theres going to be 'signs in the sky' pretty much spot on with all the Feast till then also. After that the next one won't be till 2045/46. Gods plans are so perfect, explained so well to us to me it just shows over and over again He is true, His is the only true God, the Creator of the world.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Theres a book out, really long but available online called The Sabbath and the Jubilee Cycle by R. Glover, I hear is pretty good. It is every 50 years counting from the end of one to the beginning of another. Just like the counting of the omer, starting at Sunday that becomes the first day, so we do so for the years when counting to the Jubilees. From what I read 2017 or close to that is going to be a Jubilee year, weird how theres going to be 'signs in the sky' pretty much spot on with all the Feast till then also. After that the next one won't be till 2045/46. Gods plans are so perfect, explained so well to us to me it just shows over and over again He is true, His is the only true God, the Creator of the world.

shalom,

Mizz

Hey, thanks Mizzdy! Been trying to figure out when the next Jubilee is. Did you get that date from the book you mentioned here? Does it say which number this Jubilee will be?

shalom,

Mizz

Hey, thanks Mizzdy! Been trying to figure out when the next Jubilee is. Did you get that date from the book you mentioned here? Does it say which number this Jubilee will be?

No didnt get it from that book although I see it seems to be a reoccuring date in some writings these days. Theres a Messianic teacher named Mark Biltz who did some really good work into the blood moons, tetras I think they are called, google him and you should be able to get the videos if not let me know and I will get you the link.

shalom,

Mizz

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

shalom,

Mizz

No didnt get it from that book although I see it seems to be a reoccuring date in some writings these days. Theres a Messianic teacher named Mark Biltz who did some really good work into the blood moons, tetras I think they are called, google him and you should be able to get the videos if not let me know and I will get you the link.

shalom,

Mizz

K, Thanks!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Mark Biltz is awesome. He's who got me started with Hebrew roots.

His video series on the Lord's Feasts is worth purchasing. It includes the video about the eclipses

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The difference between 49 and 50 years is.........................21,170,000 beats of a heart, give or take a thousand or two.

Sorry guys :laugh: I couldn't help myself, I felt some humor when I read the title.

The difference between 49 and 50 years is.........................21,170,000 beats of a heart, give or take a thousand or two.

Sorry guys :laugh: I couldn't help myself, I felt some humor when I read the title.

Humor is always appreciated!