• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Jesus did not need to be indwelt, He was Incarnate.:thumbsup:

You are correct, He did not NEED to be, but He was as an example and for OUR SAKE, not His:

(Mat 3:16) And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water. And, behold! The heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God coming down as a dove, and coming upon Him.

(Mat 4:1) Then Jesus was led up into the wilderness by the Spirit, to be tempted by the Devil.

Peace and Love in Christ to you all! :)

Amen, well said, the man part of Him was what needed to be led by the Spirit for He was tempted in every way, even as we are. If Jesus , the man, needed to be led by the Spirit, how much more we?:wub:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

Jesus did not need to be indwelt, He was Incarnate.:thumbsup:

You are correct, He did not NEED to be, but He was as an example and for OUR SAKE, not His:

(Mat 3:16) And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water. And, behold! The heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God coming down as a dove, and coming upon Him.

(Mat 4:1) Then Jesus was led up into the wilderness by the Spirit, to be tempted by the Devil.

Peace and Love in Christ to you all! :)

Amen, well said, the man part of Him was what needed to be led by the Spirit for He was tempted in every way, even as we are. If Jesus , the man, needed to be led by the Spirit, how much more we?:wub:

AMEN!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:huh:

OK, how about giving me some tangible examples rather than regurgitating the principles?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, how about giving me some tangible examples rather than regurgitating the principles?

To whom is this addressed?

All of you.

Phillipians 2 (from the iChurch" bible)

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by going to church every Sunday. You must also wake up and pray for exactly an hour and read 4.5 chapters of the bible every day or you will lose the Holy Spirit. You should be a free labor source for church programs and invite everyone to church so they can hear the pastor and become a tither/volunteer for supporting all church programs. You must dress a particular way (to be determined by the elders committee) and hair styles must also match. No hanging out with people who aren't as righteous as we are...no way! You must completely assimilate into western christian culture and learn to speak christianese. Remember, God loves YOU and that's all that matters.

Here is what it says in the regular bible:

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant...

I believe that in the context of my first reply. When we realize the great gift that we've been given and that Gods Law was sent in Love not in Judgment, although it works that way when ignored. We can live it Obediently and daily in Love. Not is some set life pattern , like an exercise regimen, as expressed and conveyed in the OP.

It is Liberating not taking us in Bondage as if our mere exercise of it gets us anywhere. We don't keep it because it Saves us or even pleases God. We do it because it is Right and Righteous and Gods best for our lives.:wub:

Guest shiloh357

The point of the article is that we cannot earn God's favor through obedience. What makes us pleasing to God is our faith in Christ. Our obedience is fruit of our love for God. It is what give to Him BECAUSE of His favor. We should be obedient thinking we are garnering more favor. God does not love you more today, than He did yesterday. God's love for us is not rooted in what we do. His love is not fickle like that. It is not performance-based. God is not in us performing well-enough for Him. We are obedient because that is what Christians do. We obey because of our faith in Him.

From the article:

Warning: If you are not daily affected by Christ’s finished work on the cross you can subtly slip into an obedience lifestyle thinking that what you do pleases God as though there is some kind of merit you can achieve through your obedience.

What Does It Mean To NOT Please God?

β€œThe Danger of NOT Trying to Please God.”

WHAT ARE THEY?

You can't please God dear friend you never could, so stop trying.

The problem is that your sin has seperated you from Him. It is "The Problem."

The Good News is this, God has a plan of Redemption and has already taken action in this regard.

Want to know more?

Peace,

Dave

Guest shiloh357

What Does It Mean To NOT Please God?

β€œThe Danger of NOT Trying to Please God.”

WHAT ARE THEY?

Well, the only way to please God is to put your faith in Jesus Christ. If you choose not to trust Jesus, the consequence of that decision is eternal destruction.

I believe that in the context of my first reply. When we realize the great gift that we've been given and that Gods Law was sent in Love not in Judgment, although it works that way when ignored. We can live it Obediently and daily in Love. Not is some set life pattern , like an exercise regimen, as expressed and conveyed in the OP.

It is Liberating not taking us in Bondage as if our mere exercise of it gets us anywhere. We don't keep it because it Saves us or even pleases God. We do it because it is Right and Righteous and Gods best for our lives.:wub:

Well, in light of "the entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself,' " (Gal 5:14; Ro 13:8-10) it would seem that

is what pleases God.

And it seems to me that pleasing God because we love him is a worthy motive, which is not the same as trying to please him to earn merit.

It's what Jesus did (Jn 5:30, 8:29).

Yes, you've restated what I said. However, remember that Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law. Not one jot or tittle will pass away.

Mt 5:17

ΒΆ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Mt 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mt 5:19

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The perfect law is not nullified. It is fulfilled in Christ Jesus.:wub:

It's easy to understand and follow when you know and understand perfect Love.:thumbsup: The third rail is very clear in the Light of Love.:emot-handshake:

Peace,

Dave