WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,506
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Franklin Graham, the son of prominent evangelist Billy Graham, questioned the Christianity of both President Obama and presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Tuesday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/cbsnews-com-8301-503544_162-57382005-503544-evangelist-franklin-graham-questions-christianity-of-obama-and-romney-/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Franklin Graham, the son of prominent evangelist Billy Graham, questioned the Christianity of both President Obama and presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Tuesday.

http://www.worthynew...ma-and-romney-/

Well well well... he doesn't recognise Romney as Christian because he is a mormon, but Santorum's catholicism is fine? I'm not saying catholics aren't saved, but why didn't he also point out that there are massive doctrinal differences between 'christians' and 'catholics' too?

I had no idea S is a catholic.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Franklin Graham is right on re Romney. And he should have underscored the fact that the Roman church is an offshoot of the Roman Empire bringing with it many erroneous tenets including a "papacy" whereby some sinful man is extolled as "supreme head" of the organization; the City of "Seven Hills", Rome itself, as "center of the universe"; and a continual "sacrifice" (sacrifice of the mass) in opposition to Christ's "once-for-all-time" sacrifice on Mount Calvary. If there are people in the church of Rome professing to be born-again Christians, someone should lovingly remind them that the Lord Jesus (through Apostle John in Revelation) calls His Own people to "Come out of them", my people, so that you'll "not suffer their fate". Mormonism is the 19th.-century invention of one, polygamist & peep-stoner Joseph Smith, Jr. of Sharon, Vermont. Neither Mormonism nor Romanism deserve even a walk-on part with respect to Bible-believing Evangelical Christianity. Franklin Graham surely deserves our plaudits for his concise & unapologetic denunciation of 19th-century Mormonism. Neither Jesus nor any of His disciples had any relationshipwhatever with either Mormonism or Romanism. In fact they were both completely unheard of in the time of the New Testament Early Church. Man left to himself can easily come up with a thousand devious ways & methods to lead humankind astray & away from the liberty & joy in Christ Jesus our matchless Lord & Savior.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Franklin may be a dear brother, but he is not his father (for good or bad), his father was apolitical (for good or bad). If the ministers who are very publicized would mute themselves while a mic is in front them, unless by direction of the Holy Spirit we would not have such a bad rep as Chistians.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Franklin may be a dear brother, but he is not his father (for good or bad), his father was apolitical (for good or bad). If the ministers who are very publicized would mute themselves while a mic is in front them, unless by direction of the Holy Spirit we would not have such a bad rep as Chistians.

Billy Graham was greatly gifted by God to have the ministry he had. There aren't a lot of Billy Grahams around - maybe only one or two per generation. It cannot be easy to be the son trying to follow in his dad's footsteps.

That said, if you read the interview, Franklin didn't really say anything controversial. Now - will it be portrayed that way? Probably not.

I'll cut him some slack on this one. I suspect Mr. Graham would rather be asked about other things - like his ministry "Samaritans Purse", for example. But if he goes on interviews and doesn't answer questions like those he was asked, he'll probably not be called back. And so he'll go from having a small chance to promote his ministries to having no chance

Unfortunately, the media has its own agenda - and it's not to promote Christianity.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I don't get it. :noidea: What did Franklin say that was wrong?:emot-questioned:

Guest shiloh357

Well well well... he doesn't recognise Romney as Christian because he is a mormon, but Santorum's catholicism is fine? I'm not saying catholics aren't saved, but why didn't he also point out that there are massive doctrinal differences between 'christians' and 'catholics' too?

I will take Santorum's Catholocism over Obama's Black Liberation Theology in day of the week. My understanding is that Santorum does have some Evangelical leanings.

I will take Santorum's Catholocism over Obama's Black Liberation Theology in day of the week. My understanding is that Santorum does have some Evangelical leanings.

Of course.

Am I dreaming to think it would be nice of all those who claim Christianity around election time to give us their own SOF? huh.gif

Guest shiloh357

Of course.

Am I dreaming to think it would be nice of all those who claim Christianity around election time to give us their own SOF? huh.gif

The odds of me fulfilling my dream of getting paid $850,000 a year as a quality-control taste tester at the Hershey's Chocolate Factory have a greater chance of coming true.

Of course I am speaking a little tongue in cheek. But hey... it would put to bed ALL of these discussions.

Did you know they sell Hershey's here now? I am not impressed blink.gif