• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

One student was killed and four were injured in a shooting Monday morning at an Ohio high school, officials said.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/27/10517706-official-1-dead-4-hurt-in-ohio-school-shooting

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am a retired public school teacher of 33 years in Ohio and know that schools are prepared for things like this, but in spite of it ,there is no way to completely stop these kinds of things. Evil always finds a way. Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore. It's part of these days and it is going to get worse. Hold onto your faith and trust in Jesus.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

My heart breaks for the victims of this tragedy and my prayers go up for them and their families.

Sadly, we as a nation have brought these things upon ourselves...we have completely removed God from our public schools and are now wondering why evil and wickedness are abounding. It is tragic and very disturbing, but we are in the midst of reaping what we have sewn. Unless we repent, things will get worse, not better.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7

My heart breaks for the victims of this tragedy and my prayers go up for them and their families.

Sadly, we as a nation have brought these things upon ourselves...we have completely removed God from our public schools and are now wondering why evil and wickedness are abounding. It is tragic and very disturbing, but we are in the midst of reaping what we have sewn. Unless we repent, things will get worse, not better.

Amen ! You said it oh so well.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

You are so right, of course our political leadership will not admit that they made so many big mistakes in their attempt of distancing government from God. (it's always the fault of someone else)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Birthday:  12/05/1955

You are so right about that. It's so sad the way this nation has turned their backs on God and they wonder why things happen. Our nation is so Blessed in so many ways and we need to thank God for that. My heart is sadden for the family and I will keep them in my prayers and yes I will pray for the young man who pulled the trigger. They all need God as we do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Blame public schools, politicians, gun laws. But what it comes down to is one person who made the decision to do what he did. Social issues or problems at home are no excuse. If anything is to blame, maybe violent video games, but we need to take responsibility for our actions. And he was 17. That's almost an adult. He should know right from wrong. I can't believe he isn't being tried as an adult.

.... Blame public schools, politicians, gun laws. But what it comes down to is one person who made the decision to do what he did. Social issues or problems at home are no excuse. If anything is to blame, maybe violent video games, but we need to take responsibility for our actions. And he was 17. That's almost an adult. He should know right from wrong. I can't believe he isn't being tried as an adult....

:thumbsup:

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

• Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Blame public schools, politicians, gun laws. But what it comes down to is one person who made the decision to do what he did. Social issues or problems at home are no excuse. If anything is to blame, maybe violent video games, but we need to take responsibility for our actions. And he was 17. That's almost an adult. He should know right from wrong. I can't believe he isn't being tried as an adult.

Are you sure he isn't going to be tried as an adult? I thought for sure I heard that he was going to be.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Sadly, three are now dead and yes he is going to be tried as an adult. Link