• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Dani, accepting gifts from others when in need does two things.

1) Keeps one humble understanding that it is God who provides.

2) Credits the givers account with fruit against the day of judgment.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

Being poor and destitute, in need of support is one of the ways God balances the books as those whom he has given things to are able to extend grace and mercy unto others in need. Just as Paul told Timothy to warn those who would be rich in this world to share so that they lay up a good store against that day.

Don't feel bad about needing things. The instructions are to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. If your doing just that, don't be surprised when someone shows up with what you need, when you need it.

I have had people show up at my door with a few things I never asked for or said I needed. I had a man deliver a deep freezer that he needed to get rid of. He apologized that it had a dent in it...lol. I had another show up with 50lbs of bacon that he had no one to give it too. I have had a man write out $10,000 in checks to me to cover expenses that I could not. I had another man give me $2000 toward the purchase of a truck I bought for $2900.

I had been putting off buying a garden tiller because I couldn't justify spending the money on something that I would only use once a year. I figured I would just hand till again. Then a brother in Christ was sharing his story about 1/3 acre garden that he was going to have to hand till this year because the tiller he used to use was dead. I went out and bought the tiller and lent it to him to use for his garden. Now I have a tiller anytime someone has a need. Praise God for his goodness!

When I first became a believer, God directed me to proverbs 3:5-6 and I got the feeling he meant what he said and decided to take him up on his word. I do not lean unto my own understanding. I live in Gods economy. I am learning to abase and abound. I have stopped worrying about money all together. When I moved out of my previous home, I received a $450 check back from the gas company saying I overpaid for the year on my natural gas. My monthly gas bill had averaged $65 for a total of $780, so my total cost for gas that year was $330 as far as I can tell. The man I sold the house too has come to me complaining about the enormous gas bill that he keeps getting behind on and needing help with. I shared the gospel with him.

Gods ways are not our ways and we are to be still and know that he is God. It is his good pleasure to work with us when we seek him with our whole being. Now that doesn't mean that he always covers all of the bases as I have a current medical bill that takes most of my extra income to try to get rid of and he hasn't seen fit to pay it for me. But the debt is also tied directly to my sin that I had in my life. I had a different medical debt that wasn't due to sin on my own part and the hospital forgave the debt. It is so strange how it has worked out for me.

All I know is that through it all, I have learned to lean on him and to trust him. He has the power to make all grace abound to us or to tighten things up that we might seek him more. I once read in proverbs where the king prayed that God would not give him too little that he would steal or too much that he would forget God. I made that a prayer right then and there as I love the idea of contentment over excess or lack. God has pretty much answered my prayer since.

May the God of all favor bless you and your husband with every need you might have. First spiritual then physical.

Gary

Gary,

The receiving part is something....I am still working on. It is something my husband and I both struggle with still....

Thank you again for your insight and wisdom. Both are much appreciated. More than you know.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Dani, accepting gifts from others when in need does two things.

1) Keeps one humble understanding that it is God who provides.

2) Credits the givers account with fruit against the day of judgment.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

Being poor and destitute, in need of support is one of the ways God balances the books as those whom he has given things to are able to extend grace and mercy unto others in need. Just as Paul told Timothy to warn those who would be rich in this world to share so that they lay up a good store against that day.

Don't feel bad about needing things. The instructions are to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. If your doing just that, don't be surprised when someone shows up with what you need, when you need it.

I have had people show up at my door with a few things I never asked for or said I needed. I had a man deliver a deep freezer that he needed to get rid of. He apologized that it had a dent in it...lol. I had another show up with 50lbs of bacon that he had no one to give it too. I have had a man write out $10,000 in checks to me to cover expenses that I could not. I had another man give me $2000 toward the purchase of a truck I bought for $2900.

I had been putting off buying a garden tiller because I couldn't justify spending the money on something that I would only use once a year. I figured I would just hand till again. Then a brother in Christ was sharing his story about 1/3 acre garden that he was going to have to hand till this year because the tiller he used to use was dead. I went out and bought the tiller and lent it to him to use for his garden. Now I have a tiller anytime someone has a need. Praise God for his goodness!

When I first became a believer, God directed me to proverbs 3:5-6 and I got the feeling he meant what he said and decided to take him up on his word. I do not lean unto my own understanding. I live in Gods economy. I am learning to abase and abound. I have stopped worrying about money all together. When I moved out of my previous home, I received a $450 check back from the gas company saying I overpaid for the year on my natural gas. My monthly gas bill had averaged $65 for a total of $780, so my total cost for gas that year was $330 as far as I can tell. The man I sold the house too has come to me complaining about the enormous gas bill that he keeps getting behind on and needing help with. I shared the gospel with him.

Gods ways are not our ways and we are to be still and know that he is God. It is his good pleasure to work with us when we seek him with our whole being. Now that doesn't mean that he always covers all of the bases as I have a current medical bill that takes most of my extra income to try to get rid of and he hasn't seen fit to pay it for me. But the debt is also tied directly to my sin that I had in my life. I had a different medical debt that wasn't due to sin on my own part and the hospital forgave the debt. It is so strange how it has worked out for me.

All I know is that through it all, I have learned to lean on him and to trust him. He has the power to make all grace abound to us or to tighten things up that we might seek him more. I once read in proverbs where the king prayed that God would not give him too little that he would steal or too much that he would forget God. I made that a prayer right then and there as I love the idea of contentment over excess or lack. God has pretty much answered my prayer since.

May the God of all favor bless you and your husband with every need you might have. First spiritual then physical.

Gary

Gary,

The receiving part is something....I am still working on. It is something my husband and I both struggle with still....

Thank you again for your insight and wisdom. Both are much appreciated. More than you know.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, God broke me of my love of money by bringing people into my life who valued me more than their checking account. The issue of pride took a bit longer and I had to be sent out to pasture to eat grass like an ox before that subsided. All I have both physically and spiritually I owe to God and his Word. I can claim nothing myself as he has taught me every right thing I know. It is like Isaiah said and all my righteousness was filthy rags before God but when he revealed his Son unto me and I began to learn to walk as he walked while he was here, I truly began to be righteous. It is as the scripture says, with the heart a man believes unto righteousness, both imputed as well as imparted.

God love you Dani, May he bless you with the knowledge of him and the power to walk in his steps.

Gary