• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Satan is very sneaky. If all the witches and wizards were old and ugly, would the kids want to read the books or watch the movies, and would we want them to? Since they're attractive and seemingly innocent, it's easier to swallow for some people, but a witch is a witch is a witch.....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Satan is very sneaky. If all the witches and wizards were old and ugly, would the kids want to read the books or watch the movies, and would we want them to? Since they're attractive and seemingly innocent, it's easier to swallow for some people, but a witch is a witch is a witch.....

Yes he also tries to tell us to be afraid of everything, so we live our whole lives that way instead of in the freedom and joy of Christ!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Yes, it's too bad how some people live in fear, isn't it? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

"Fear not" is stated over 60 times in scripture so of course we're not to be ruled by fear.

However, we're to be aware of the enemy's tactics.

2Co 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Edited by terter

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Couple of friends and I talked about Harry Potter when it first came out. One friend decided that giving them to her grandchildren would be ok that they were old enough to realize it was just fantasy, etc. Since that time, she's reported, the kids are walking around the house saying stuff out of the books, want to learn to cast spells, going to websites, etc. Now she's saying NO that she didn't mean for that to happen.

How old are these kids that they believe the stuff in the books is real? I say give them a twig and a locked door and have them say "alohomora" till they unlock the door or give up.

I can't believe this thread is back. Harry Potter is not the work of satan, and it hasn't converted anyone to witchcraft (well ok maybe an 8 year old or two, but believe me, they think they're as much a witch as the kid that pretends to be an indian thinks he's really an indian.)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Oh, I forgot to add, the kids are able to read, why not give them a children's version of the bible that they can understand and enjoy? They'll soon be running around the house pretending to be Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

Amen Sister!

{Please stop feeding us this stuff. It's ridiculous. Last trumpet Ministries and Cutting Edge should be spending a lot more time reaching the lost instead of systematically labeling what is and isn't sin, alienating unbelievers and judging the hearts of brethren.} Post # 71

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2 )

Amen Brother!

{Oh, I forgot to add, the kids are able to read, why not give them a children's version of the bible that they can understand and enjoy? They'll soon be running around the house pretending to be Jesus.} Post # 146

PS: Watch out for "Cuckoo, Fran and Ollie" :-)