concept of being guided.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I used to believe that God guided people in making decisions throughout their lives. I earnestly prayed that God would guide me and help me make good decisions.

I had so many things blow up in my face that it really caused me to doubt whether or not God listens or guides people. It's a very subjective matter. If something works out for the good, it's natural to believe God guided you. If something works out for the bad, do you blame God?

See this is where I start to go off on a tangent. Years ago I did have someone preech to me and it did nothing I actually totally switched off. I was very very sick when I found faith and I got what I wanted then my first miracle total rapid recovery (i was discharged in 3 months when I was admitted in hospital for a year!) So for me my trust and faith in God is stronger with every breath I take because I was unable to breath unassisted and thats how I ended up in hospital.

However when things dont work out now I look at it differently now, God is trying to teach me something. When things dont work out anymore for me I sit back and look for the lesson I am supposed to learn. I do think that it makes it easy to sway into agnostic-ville again when you look at it from your experience.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

In short I have had a hectic few weeks and stressful ones at that. However I got to the point where I just needed a time out of my hectic job hunting mode as my stress levels were going that high so I joined my friend on one of the bible study classes (I did promise myself I would stop attending random ones, but this just appealed to me for some reason!) now within this group some people were reffering to being guided using terminology like Jesus told me...

So what really is the concept of being guided for you?

can you give an example of what they do in your bible study?

Quick example is one lady was explaining an experience (as she put it) that once she was shopping and that she had been told to tell the clerk that jesus loves him. She thought the clerk was gay and that she had been told to tell the clerk that. I asked her (i wasnt intending to poke fun) that was it an instinct like a gut feeling (instinct) or a voice! she said it was a voice in her 'minds eye' (!!) . But I actually became really curious because I have a highend sense of instinct since my whole faith development process. Im really trying to get a sense of understanding of what the general concept of being guided is?

be careful about what people say about their experiences with god - many well meaning christians forget to use discernment when it comes to spiritual phenomenon going on. the bible tells us to test the spirit to see if they're from god.

Guest Butero

In short I have had a hectic few weeks and stressful ones at that. However I got to the point where I just needed a time out of my hectic job hunting mode as my stress levels were going that high so I joined my friend on one of the bible study classes (I did promise myself I would stop attending random ones, but this just appealed to me for some reason!) now within this group some people were reffering to being guided using terminology like Jesus told me...

So what really is the concept of being guided for you?

God's primary way of speaking to us is through the Bible, but he also speaks to us as individuals. I have discovered that he speaks to your mind in a still small voice. You can have a real conversation with God, and he will speak to you if you are listening. Sometimes it will be answers to questions you ask him, and sometimes it will be leading you to do something, like help someone in need, or witness. The challenge is to figure out if you are hearing the voice of God, or it is just your own thoughts. If anything goes contrary to scripture, I throw it out, knowing it has to be me. Jesus said that his sheep know his voice, and they won't follow another.