concept of being guided.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

In short I have had a hectic few weeks and stressful ones at that. However I got to the point where I just needed a time out of my hectic job hunting mode as my stress levels were going that high so I joined my friend on one of the bible study classes (I did promise myself I would stop attending random ones, but this just appealed to me for some reason!) now within this group some people were reffering to being guided using terminology like Jesus told me...

So what really is the concept of being guided for you?

Edited by freeinnocentspirit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

In short I have had a hectic few weeks and stressful ones at that. However I got to the point where I just needed a time out of my hectic job hunting mode as my stress levels were going that high so I joined my friend on one of the bible study classes (I did promise myself I would stop attending random ones, but this just appealed to me for some reason!) now within this group some people were reffering to being guided using terminology like Jesus told me...

can you give an example of what they do in your bible study?

Quick example is one lady was explaining an experience (as she put it) that once she was shopping and that she had been told to tell the clerk that jesus loves him. She thought the clerk was gay and that she had been told to tell the clerk that. I asked her (i wasnt intending to poke fun) that was it an instinct like a gut feeling (instinct) or a voice! she said it was a voice in her 'minds eye' (!!) . But I actually became really curious because I have a highend sense of instinct since my whole faith development process. Im really trying to get a sense of understanding of what the general concept of being guided is?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Pray SINCERELY and keep praying every day that God leads and guides you in your job hunting efforts. I would personally add something like "according to your perfect Will" in your prayers. God does answer prayer, but it's important that you know: that it might not be the job you want, God will answer in His time and His Way. Keep doing your part in looking for a job. If you're not already in the habit, give thanks for all good things that God gives you. You can't expect Him to give you more when you're not thankful for what He's already giving you.

mine041.jpg

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Being guided can take on an urgent feeling of needing to do something, like get out of the lane your in because theres gonna be an accident, I have heard that one so many times I have to believe it is His voice. Sometimes I will get a feeling to either do something or avoid something, all the guideance of the Spirit. Also for me He usually puts things in my path, things that I may have been praying and asking about, what always gets me is when He wants me to study, learn something or the concept He is teaching seems to come up everywhere I turn. Often I hear people say 'God told me to tell you that' and well yes I know that its true He does do that yet more often than not I think we also have put our own feelings into things and want others to know what we have learned.

Pray SINCERELY and keep praying every day that God leads and guides you in your job hunting efforts. I would personally add something like "according to your perfect Will" in your prayers. God does answer prayer, but it's important that you know: that it might not be the job you want, God will answer in His time and His Way. Keep doing your part in looking for a job. If you're not already in the habit, give thanks for all good things that God gives you. You can't expect Him to give you more when you're not thankful for what He's already giving you.

mine041.jpg

Hi,

This I know and do, to be honest I do feel the same way about being guided like Mizzy explains which is why I never instantly denied or closed my mind off to the lady at the group. I just never heard of that sort of an experience. You know ncn your right about that fact that God will answer in his time, its like I now sit back and feel so blessed to have found truth in faith (I spent so long on the fence as an agnostic!) and how I could have gone a long way lost...like a good few of my family members. Thanks for the guidance too!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Quick example is one lady was explaining an experience (as she put it) that once she was shopping and that she had been told to tell the clerk that jesus loves him. She thought the clerk was gay and that she had been told to tell the clerk that. I asked her (i wasnt intending to poke fun) that was it an instinct like a gut feeling (instinct) or a voice! she said it was a voice in her 'minds eye' (!!) . But I actually became really curious because I have a highend sense of instinct since my whole faith development process. Im really trying to get a sense of understanding of what the general concept of being guided is?

There is a huge difference between the New Age teaching of the Mind's Eye (Third Eye) and being led by the Spirit with His gift of knowledge. If you go again, ask them to explain where they find that in scripture.

There is a huge difference between the New Age teaching of the Mind's Eye (Third Eye) and being led by the Spirit with His gift of knowledge. If you go again, ask them to explain where they find that in scripture.

I dont know if the word mind's eye was used trivially or within the context of yoga/meditation. I just visited because I needed to de-junk from job hunting it did make me think about how people who are passionate christians (arent we all I know!) interact with those who arent. I mean if she had said that to me what 2 years ago ('jesus loves you') I would maybe have been flippant and ignored her.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I used to believe that God guided people in making decisions throughout their lives. I earnestly prayed that God would guide me and help me make good decisions.

I had so many things blow up in my face that it really caused me to doubt whether or not God listens or guides people. It's a very subjective matter. If something works out for the good, it's natural to believe God guided you. If something works out for the bad, do you blame God?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I used to believe that God guided people in making decisions throughout their lives. I earnestly prayed that God would guide me and help me make good decisions.

I had so many things blow up in my face that it really caused me to doubt whether or not God listens or guides people. It's a very subjective matter. If something works out for the good, it's natural to believe God guided you. If something works out for the bad, do you blame God?

Pray, then walk. And as to hearing, we have to stay very close to hear the "still small voice" through the wind, earthquakes and fire of our lives.

If something works out for the bad, do I blame God? I never blame God.

God is blameless and perfect. If something works out for the bad, I always look inwards first. I should find God by looking inwards, because He should be "in" me if I am walking His walk.

Has stuff gone badly for me before, and will it in the future? Yes. But through it all God and His love will always be there.

No one ever said taking up one's cross was going to be an easy thing to do...