Khristeeanos

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I think what you have to understand here is that many come on to the boards for very different reasons. I would say most are born-again believers that are here to contribute and learn but there are more and more who come on that aren't believers. Perhaps they come to offer a perspective that we are not familiar with. Perhaps some are searching. What we need to remember is that we are all here for a purpose, which I happen to believe is God-ordained. It's important for those of us who are believers to show Jesus in all that we do and say here. (and this is not directed to anyone in particular so please anyone don't take offense. :emot-hug: )

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As millions of others have already discovered, an "atheist" cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman (or policewoman).

Sorry but with God all things are possible. I wouldn't rule out His power to change the hardest heart/mind. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thanks Living for His Glory, I truly was attempting to understand AZ's reasoning and you are right. Sorry if I was even the least bit unloving. I was truly only attempting to clarify my repsonse. In His Love, Mary (ellie)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My reason for being here is to counter the misinformation I encounter concerning the nature of atheists. There are a great many disservices done to us simply because our two sides do not interact on a regular basis. I personally have been the victim of attacks and vandalism due to my lack of belief in a god.

Now I could take the attitude of many atheists and come after your beliefs but I see nothing productive in this course. The fact that you believe in a God is not my problem. That mistrust and misinformation about atheists finds it's way into the world is a problem I have to deal with. And that I can do something about.

Atheists are kind caring people. We have passions and well developed world philosophies. We are not the heartless antagonistic things that many make us out to be.

My purpose here is to present myself as a fellow human being. I may differ with many here on what they believe. But we all must coexist in this world. And ignorance is both our enemies. If you can learn how to better tailor your message to nonbelievers by talking to me it is to your advantage. I am willing to tell you what sort of things reach us and what is discarded by us. You are free to conjecture what you will about atheists but I offer myself as an example.

Tensions in US between believers and nonbelievers is at an extremely high level. I do not wish to see harm come from this tension. So for this reason I am not here to debate what we each believe. That is for you to determine on your own. And I will defend your right to believe what you will and hope you do the same for me (even though we both hope for the other to change).

Thanks Living for His Glory, I truly was attempting to understand AZ's reasoning and you are right.  Sorry if I was even the least bit unloving.  I was truly only attempting to clarify my repsonse.  In His Love, Mary (ellie)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't intend for my comments to be directed to you specifically. I think we all need reminding from time to time. :emot-hug:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Now I could take the attitude of many atheists and come after your beliefs but I see nothing productive in this course. The fact that you believe in a God is not my problem. That mistrust and misinformation about atheists finds it's way into the world is a problem I have to deal with. And that I can do something about.

What kind of misinformation do you feel Christians have about athiests?

Atheists are kind caring people. We have passions and well developed world philosophies. We are not the heartless antagonistic things that many make us out to be.

Can you name a single athiest-based charity that helps people? (I don't mean secular, I mean athiest) It just seems to me that the athiests biggest goal is to fight Christianity. Do you agree? What else do they do? I really am curious.

I am willing to tell you what sort of things reach us and what is discarded by us

Okay, what sort of things would reach athiests.

Tensions in US between believers and nonbelievers is at an extremely high level.

Wow. I had no idea about that. What do you mean? What kinds of things happen between the two camps? I'm Canadian and haven't seen this. Then again, I don't really personally know many athiests but the ones I do know are not at tention with me personally at all.

I do not wish to see harm come from this tension. So for this reason I am not here to debate what we each believe. That is for you to determine on your own. And I will defend your right to believe what you will and hope you do the same for me (even though we both hope for the other to change).

Well, God gave you the right to choose what you want to believe. We wouldn't for a second think we could take away your God-given right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Az...

Whatever a person believes there are good and bad representatives of their belief systems ...the main concern is that what we believe to a great extent defines who we are. For many people their beliefs are...peculiar,undefinable within the context of history and archaeology...and basically pretty unreasonable and non-sensical when measured against empirical truth ...and yet they believe. The fact is though that their strong belief and evangelical enthusiasm does not make something true...and if it is not true it is a lie. Most of us desire to know the truth.

As I discussed with Frog a couple of weeks ago...we are all really born as Unbelievers in G-d or a god and could be legitimately defined as Atheists of a sort...weak/strong..but unaware of any spiritual nature.

Which is where the reasonable Christian doctrine of being 'born again' spiritually comes into play...essentially 'awakening' a person to the evidence that life is more than the physical universe we perceive with our senses...and there is legitimate evidence that appeals to our spiritual nature and depicts the possibility of life extented after physical death.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jorgeman
Life is purposeless objectively - it has only the purpose we assign it. 

Some people assign themselves the purpose of serving God because they believe in such a being and believe it right to follow his/her commands, and other who do not find other purposes to set their lives to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm not a scholar or some big shot educated person. i am just a person who loves Jesus. and i may not know everything about the word of God, but i know what He has done in my life. And i see that you are a father, thats great. but how can anyone both believers and non, ever see the birth of their children or when they stare into their eyes and not be overwelmed by the idea that there is a creator. a building is proof that there is an architect so likewise nature, humanity are proof that there is a creator. "He is no fool he gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose".

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

...And i see that you are a father, thats great. but how can anyone both believers and non, ever see the birth of their children or when they stare into their eyes and not be overwelmed by the idea that there is a creator. a building is proof that there is an architect so likewise nature, humanity are proof that there is a creator.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't you be the creator of your children? When you look at a building do believe god mysteriously caused it to appear just because you don't understand how it was built or who actual builder was?

Still waiting

-SS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nazim Ali

Salam Alaykoum,

There are good videos and books by Harun Yahya called the Collapse of Atheism, Evolution. These are good for anyone who wants to help Atheists. Im going to post the links and its not an apologetic or anti-Christianity site. Please download these and watch it, ESPECIALLY Atheists.

The Collapse of Atheism video

(link deleted)

The Collapse of Evolution video

(link deleted)

Their good videos and there are many books on that site regarding this issue if anyone is interested. Ive read some of the comments on the site and lot of Christians also use these.

Enjoy :)

Edited by IslandRose