• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

From The Doctor's Diary-52- Make yourself available to the Lord

My audio messages are put up on a site called Podomatic and when I checked one day, the new audio messages were played 3 times from a place on the map which I couldn't identify easily. On placing the cursor on the place, the name " Magyarország" came up. Now that was some place that I had not heard of before. I googled the name and found it to be the Hungarian name of Hungary. Wow. I was amazed. I checked another site through which I can track my visitors and found someone from Szeged,Hungary had visited my site and downloaded 2 documents, one named Poison and the other, my daily devotional "365 Blessings." Praise the Lord.

What immediately struck my mind was how the Lord uses our gifts and talents for his glory according to his desires. Wonder whether the visitor realized that all this was no coincidence. The fact that stands out clearly is that if we make ourselves available to the Lord, he will use us. Brings also to mind the story that Jesus once said, "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more. So also, the one with the two talents gained two more. But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money." (Matthew 25:14-18)

The time is coming when we will have to give an account to the Master who is returning, regarding the talents that he has entrusted us with. Regardless of where we are, we must make ourselves and our Christian work available to the Lord for his use. He will use us and our work, if we are willing to make ourselves and our work available to him. He is not bound by time or space as we are. All glory be to the Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent Triune God.

• Group:  Diamond Member

I run a southern gospel radio station on the internet at Live365, WCB (Worldwide Christian Broadcasting). I run it out of my kitchen, and it is very cheap to operate. I have noticed listeners checking in from all over the world. As a matter of fact, I have been listening to it from the next room while I have been at WB. The internet has opened up a lot of doors for evangelism. I feel like you do, in that we should use the talents and abilities God has given us. He didn't entrust everyone with the same number of talents, but he just wanted them to use them, as opposed to burying them.

That's great news. God bless you Butero.

From The Doctor's Diary- 53- Unity

There are three distinctive parts to the Prayer of Jesus found in John Chapter 17; Jesus praying for him to be glorified by the Father, Jesus praying for his disciples and Jesus praying for all who would believe in Him through the message of the disciples.

One of the things that stands out in this prayer is Jesus praying for unity, first among his disciples and then among all who would believe in him.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so that they may be one as we are one. (John 17:11)

My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. (John 17:20, 21)

From the above verses, we can infer that, "If the world has to believe that God sent Jesus, there would have to be unity among the disciples and believers."

Jesus wanted the Father to protect the disciples by the power of his name, so that they would be one. A difference in opinion among the first disciples would be disastrous and Jesus prayed specifically that, that may not happen. Because of Jesus' intercession, the disciples were able to take the good news to the nations even amidst persecution. Sadly, unity is one of the things that is lacking now among believers; this Jesus knew from the beginning, would happen and so he prayed. Even among Bible believing Christians there is so much of discord.

Even now, Jesus expects and intercedes for all believers to be one. The enemy on the other hand is always working to divide the body of Christ. Whatever be the Bible adhering denominations that we attend or refrain from attending, the things that would matter in the end would be what Jesus once spoke to his disciples and the people who crowded to hear him....

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:3)

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5)

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. (Matthew 5:6)

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. (Matthew 5:7)

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. (Matthew 5:8)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)

The Apostle Paul's prayer for the believers in Philippi speaks how much he desired unity among them.

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. (Philippians 2:1, 2)

Christians Unite!, so that Christ may be known to the world and God be glorified.

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is

like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams

rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it

had its foundation on the rock. (Matthew 7:24,25)

Great crowds followed Jesus when they saw him do miracles. Sicknesses were healed,

demons were driven out, food and wine were provided miraculously. They wanted more.

But when Jesus started preaching about God's requirements to enter the kingdom of

heaven, there were few takers. We read in John Ch.6:

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. "You do not

want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to

whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are

the Holy One of God." (John 6:66-69)

Hearing God's Word is not enough; Jesus said, we must put them into practice. But some

believer's do not really grow in the Lord. Of these the writer of Hebrews said,

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the

elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!

Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about

righteousness. (Hebrews 5:12,13)

Is your spiritual life built on a rock solid foundation? If it is, then it will be stable when the

wind blows against it.

When the rain comes down, the streams rise, and the winds blow and beat against your

life; you will not fall, because your life has its foundation on the rock called Jesus.

The Bible exhorts us in this manner:

Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. (Isaiah 26:4)

God will strengthen you and uphold you with his righteous right hand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Have you ever heard of this saying , " A Jack of All Trades " ?

Well I am ... " A Jane of All Trades.... And A Master of None "...LOL

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Thanks for your post Sir! jeremiah7

ICL~~~Dennis

ICL~~~Dennis

ICL~~~Dennis

God bless you OldShep..........

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your

righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

(Psalm 37:5, 6)

2 things: commit your way and then trust in him. Whatever the problem, first lay it at the

Lord's feet and then trust in him that he will make a way where there seems no way.

The Israelites often fell into the hands of their enemies because of a lack of commitment

to the Lord. During the times of Samuel, the prophet, they suffered at the hands of the

Philistines. Samuel advised them to commit themselves afresh to the Lord.

And Samuel said to the whole house of Israel, "If you are returning to the LORD with all

your hearts, then rid yourselves of the foreign gods and the Ashtoreths and commit

yourselves to the LORD and serve him only, and he will deliver you out of the hand of the

Philistines." (1 Samuel 7:3)

If you need continual deliverance from the enemy, you need to remain committed to the

Lord. The Apostle Peter writes:

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1

Peter 5:8)

And to escape his snares every believer needs to remain committed to the Lord.

Peter's advice to escape the devil's snare is this:

Resist him, standing firm in the faith...... (1 Peter 5:9)

And to stand firm in the faith, we need to remain committed to God and his Word.

The promise for today states- commit and trust- and the result will be- he will make your

righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Let that be a reality in your life.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1

I read this and get an image of a roaring lion who's roar can be hear at times miles away, warning us of the danger. In real life I watched a big cat move like the wind between dried twigs and not a sound reached my ears but for the sound of my camera rewinding. Thank God the cat ran off and not at me. Not all things that want to devour us, roar like a lion.....

Picture275.jpg

Taken 2005, Verdi Cannon, AZ

Thanks for your Post, and the Lord has indeed blessed me....

I read this and get an image of a roaring lion who's roar can be hear at times miles away, warning us of the danger. In real life I watched a big cat move like the wind between dried twigs and not a sound reached my ears but for the sound of my camera rewinding. Thank God the cat ran off and not at me. Not all things that want to devour us, roar like a lion.....

Picture275.jpg

Taken 2005, Verdi Cannon, AZ

Thanks for your Post, and the Lord has indeed blessed me....

OldShep, nice photo that... May Jesus protect us all....