Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. (1Cr 9:19-23 NASB)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

When you guys (larry and brian) can come to me with a proper interpretation and application of those, then we'll talk. Until then.....

I'm going to have to go with God-man on Marvel being the best comics. Lets face it, Wolverine could kill any super hero that Dark Horse thought of.

When you guys (larry and brian) can come to me with a proper interpretation and application of those, then we'll talk. .

The Word speaks for itself. :laugh:

When you guys (larry and brian) can come to me with a proper interpretation and application of those, then we'll talk. .

The Word speaks for itself. :laugh:

So if I quoted a verse that talked about fools in refrence to you I'd be justified in saying, "The word speaks for itself"? Of course not.

Remember, even Satan used scripture....just because we use it doesn't mean we're right.

Tell ya what Brian....if it speaks for yourself, the please explain this:

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoseover believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Oops...if we take scripture as you want us to, looks like God violated 1 John...God loved the world......

So please, next time, give analysis and interpretation before liberally throwing out scriptures and trying to make them stick.

I'm sorry if you don't understand what these scriptures mean. This I say in love............read them again and ask God to reveal them to ya, he will.

Also. I never called you a fool.

In his love,

Brian

I'm sorry if you don't understand what these scriptures mean. This I say in love............read them again and ask God to reveal them to ya, he will.

Also. I never called you a fool.

In his love,

Brian

I was using it as an example.

I also know what they mean...and they don't mean what you're trying to imply (i.e. that Lord of the Rings is evil).

Super Jew, let us reason together. I take it that we are both cover by the Blood of Christ. I never called Lord of the rings evil. What I do in these types of threads is give scripture to think about and pray about. I like to ask questions rather than just making my opinion.

The reason why is because on many of these issues, I may have not made up my mind and I'm praying and studying.

The Holy Spirit will lead us, so we as Blood bought christians need to weigh everything of the world with the Word of God.

I have 2 boys and I teach them the Word of God. My oldest boy loved watching wrestling every monday night. We watched it together one night and I saw some bad stuff on there such as women kissing, men slandering other men and so on. I didn't tell him he can't watch it anymore. Instead we discussed what God's word says. I asked him questions, not expecting answers but just to think about. A few weeks later he came up to me and said he felt like God didn't want him watching it anymore. No big deal.......we didn't start a campaign against it.

Now, I'm not trying to pass my convictions on anyone, I'm just quoting some scripture and letting christians decide for themselves if God wants them to do or say or act a certain way.

I started the thread about "Women Pastors" because I wanted to hear the opinion of the saints on that issue. After a few pages, I made up my mind on it. I didn't enter the debate because I didn't need to.

I try not to spew out my opinion all over because most of the time it's unfruitful. I try to see what God's word says about everything. I just want to please God and that should be our goal while we dwell on earth for this short time.

In his love,

Brian

Guest Edwards

I was very suprised to read the article saying that 'The Lord Of The Rings' is evil. I have watched all 3 and maybe I was looking for things but I have to say that there seemed to be a lot of Christian messages in the film and I think that the timing of the film probably had more to do with catching the'Christmas rush' than anything else. Anyway, I'm sure that Tolkien was a Christian???