• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

This topic presents evidence of Jesus' historicity from secular history (meaning history that is not connected with the Bible). Before I present the evidence, I will first point out some other arguments.

ARGUMENT #1 -- THE ARAB MUHAMMAD WAS NOT GOD'S PROPHET:

Muslims claim they believe the Hebrew/Old Testament writings are inspired by YHWH/Jehovah/Yahweh on the one hand, while on the other hand they reject Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah. He was just an ordinary man, they argue.

Islam has demoted Jesus Christ to a mere prophet rather than the only means of salvation for all humanity and the most powerful of God's created beings. As far as Muslims are concerned, Jesus Christ is inferior to the Arab prophet, Muhammad.

The Arab Muhammad claimed he was inspired to memorize the Quran, starting at age 40, when the Angel Gabriel supposedly made contact with him. Keep in mind that at the time of this "contact" with the Angel Gabriel, Muhammad was steeped in the idolatrous worship of 360 idols in the Kabah. To hear the Muslims tell it, God who condemns idolatry in every conceivable manner suddenly had a change of heart and selected a grossly idolatrous Arab to write a new bible. I have had extended debates with Muslims on this topic, so I speak from personal experience.

"{4} You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. {5} You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God is a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;" (Exodus 20:4-5:)

Edited by Alter2Ego