JohnD

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Where is the meaning of the word Hebrew and Israel ?

Where is the meaning of the word Hebrew and Israel ?

~

Hebrew

And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eschol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram. Genesis 14:13

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. Genesis 17:1-5

And Israel

And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. Genesis 32:24-30

And The KING Of The Jews

And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. John 19:19

And HE Is My LORD And My God

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:26-28

~

Believe

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

.... The Israelite religion was done away at the cross....

The Israelite Religion

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:17-40

The Just Shall Live By His Faith

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

~

Amen~!

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Jesus Saves

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Romans 11:26

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

By the way, Baryon, I apologize for any emotional outbursts on the topic. There's a long history of debates on this topic here, and it is easy for us to treat the subject as an on-going saga rather than regard your inquiries as a new book (so to speak).

And for some of us, there are personal elements involved.

Yes, it does seem that the subject gets rather emotive and personal, almost as if some will personally lose something if their particular opinion is not upheld, so they must "post to the death".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

By the way, Baryon, I apologize for any emotional outbursts on the topic. There's a long history of debates on this topic here, and it is easy for us to treat the subject as an on-going saga rather than regard your inquiries as a new book (so to speak).

Yes, it does seem that the subject gets rather emotive and personal, almost as if some will personally lose something if their particular opinion is not upheld, so they must "post to the death".

I usually try to avoid this discussion. And yes, I personally do lose something. For me, replacement theology negates the promises of God. If replacement theology were true, then God would be a liar as His promises to the Jewish people were not real. God could change His mind or could make statements to people He never really meant to uphold. .

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

First let me say that I have discuss this manytimes on other fourms , And I always get a diffrent answer .

The word ''Hebrew '' , In aramic , Is the word Ibriy - aramic - Which come from the root word Abar -aramic - , Which means '' To Cross Over To Pass Over '' , In The Aramic ( Hebrew ) language . In Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) , The word 'Aabiyr - arabic - , For ''Eber '' , Means ''The One Who Passes Over '' . It Gets that same meaning as the title

'' Hebrew '' - One Who Traverses and Ebra - arabic - Meaning '' To Traverse ; To Expound '' . ''Traversing '' As used in the person to whom the name was given first , Was Eber , Son of Salah , Son of Shem , Son of Noah , As found in ( Genesis 10 ; 21 )

Noah ( 2970 -2020 B,C,E, ) Son of Lamech and Kamilah ( Genesis 5 ; 29 ) , Shem Son of Noah and Namah , Genesis 5;32 )

The Book of Genesis , 10 ; 21 , Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ; Unto Shen also , the father of all the ( Children ) of Eber , the brother of Japheth the elder , even to him were children born  < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

The Book of Genesis , 5 ; 29 , Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ; And he call his name Noah saying , This same ( Shall Comfort ) us concerning our ( Work ) and ( Toil ) of our hands , became of the ( Ground ) which the Lord ( Hath Cursed ). < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

The Book of  Genesis 5;32, Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ; And Noah was five hundred years old ; and Noah begat ''Shem , Ham , and Japheth . < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

The name Eber , Also 'Abar , Ay-Ber and Heber, Means '' The Region Beyond '' from this you get the derivative of Eber , Hebrew , To mean '' On Who Crosse From Beyond One Region To Another '' Or Simply '' To Cross Over ( Genesis 14 ; 13 ) , And Thats Just what Hebrew means , '' To Cross Over ''

The Book of  Genesis 14 ; 13 , Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ; And there came one that had escaped , and ( Told ) Abram the ( Hebrew ) for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite , brother of Eshcol , and brother of Aner ; and these were ( Confedrate ) with Abram . < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

According to ( Deuteronomy 1512 ) , In the Strong's Concordance the word '' Hebrew '' Ibriy - aramic - , Is not the ( Name Of A Tribe or A People ) . Hebrew is just a title for what Abraham and ( His People Did ) '' Not what they were '' . The word ''Hebrew '' is merely describing an ( Act of a people or a person ; Moving from one side to another ) , And could apply to prople originally born on one side of the mississippi river , And deciding to relocate to the other sid of the mississippo river . In english they would be called '' Crossed Over '' 

The Book of Deuteronomy 1512 ,  Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ; And of thy brother , an Hebrew man , or Hebrew woman , be sold unto thee , and ( Serve ) thee six years ; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee .  < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

In the Canaanite language they would be called Hebrews , Which later was picked up and became their name . As you have seen , The name ''Hebrew '' Existed before Abraham with a man named Eber . People think that the word Hebrew stems from the word Hebron -aramic - ( Genesis 13 ; 18 ) , The name of a place in the Hills of Judah south of Jerusalem where Sarah died ( Genesis 23 ; 2 ) . However , If you check it out in the original language , You see it does not .

The Book of  Genesis 13 ; 18 , Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ; The Abram removed his tent , and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre , which is in Hebron , and built there an Altar unto the Lord . < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

The Book of  Genesis 23 ;2  , Reavealed In 1512 B.C.E. Says ;  And Sarah ( Died ) in Kirjath-arba ; the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan ; and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah , and to weep for her . < King James Version ( Hebrew -Greek ) Keyword Study Bible >

To be continue in next post .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No, that isn't what I meant.

One of the people debating you is a Jew himself - physically born Jew that is (he mentioned this in another post).

It is personal to me because I have friends who are Jews, and I've heard the pain they've gone through on account of Christians treating them like scum for being Jews.

It is personal to me because I have friends who are Jews, and I've heard the pain they've gone through on account of Christians treating them like scum for being Jews.

~

Very Personal Indeed.

The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. Psalms 145:17

My Father And My Uncles Fought (And Some Died) To Stop The Jew Hating Nazis

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:9-10

And My God  And My LORD Is A Jew

And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.  And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Luke 1:26-33

And The KING OF THE JEWS

And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Luke 23:38

And I Love Them So

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?  Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I usually try to avoid this discussion. And yes, I personally do lose something. For me, replacement theology negates the promises of God. If replacement theology were true, then God would be a liar as His promises to the Jewish people were not real. God could change His mind or could make statements to people He never really meant to uphold. .

But if the Church is now God's people, His "Israel", that problem is overcome. His promises are fulfilled in Jesus, through His new creation people; they are eternally true and totally fulfilled.

With Jesus

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. Genesis 17:19

There Is No Problem

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Jeremiah 31:31-36

Just Believe

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

~

But if the Church is now God's people, His "Israel", that problem is overcome. His promises are fulfilled in Jesus, through His new creation people; they are eternally true and totally fulfilled.

~

Totally Loved

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

Totally

For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head. For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.

And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.

And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.

And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's. Obadiah 1:15-21

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe