• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Retrobyter, thanks for laying out your study on the time of the birth of Jesus. It helped to point out the issues with any dogma related to date setting for his birth. One, there is no biblical basis for a year consisting of anything other than 12 lunar months that I can find. No basis for adding leap months etc. Two, the writing is too vague to discern how much time passed between he and his wife leaving to go home and the conception but the text merely states order of events not exact timing. It is one of those things that I have never seen any proof that persuades me to lean entirely on any certain date or time of year. It was nice to read your post and musings on it though.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Gary.

Retrobyter, thanks for laying out your study on the time of the birth of Jesus. It helped to point out the issues with any dogma related to date setting for his birth. One, there is no biblical basis for a year consisting of anything other than 12 lunar months that I can find. No basis for adding leap months etc. Two, the writing is too vague to discern how much time passed between he and his wife leaving to go home and the conception but the text merely states order of events not exact timing. It is one of those things that I have never seen any proof that persuades me to lean entirely on any certain date or time of year. It was nice to read your post and musings on it though.

Gary

Oh, no, brother. There IS a biblical basis for a year that differs from the lunar months. It's the planting cycles! Remember that we are talking about an agricultural society and that Isra'el has THREE "new year's days," so to speak. They have their main New Year's Day, Rosh HaShannah, which literally means "Head of The Year"; they have the New Year's Day for their religious celebrations which start with Pesach, the Passover, commemorating their Exodus from Egypt; and they have the New Year's Day for trees, which is based on the yearly cycle of the growth of the trees in Isra'el. If one were to purely use the lunar cycles, one would quickly find oneself celebrating Christmas in July, so to speak!

Leviticus 23:39-43

39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days.

41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

KJV

The lunar cycle is 29.5 days/"moonth." That's why the length of a month in Jewish time keeping varies between 29 and 30 days (unlike our vascilation between 30 and 31 days). Twelve months of 29.5 days, would be 12 x 29.5 = 354 days. That's eleven and a quarter days too short for the yearly cycle. This is why the Jewish calendar DOES add a leap month, a second Adar, every 7 to 13 cycles. Sometimes, to catch up, they will rarely have to add TWO months! This is usually because their calendar was based upon actual sightings of celestial events, such as the visual spotting of the new moon. If those events are hidden because of overcast skies, then the next day would be considered the first day of the new moon. (And, the new moon was exactly that. It wasn't when the moon was completely dark but was considered to be the first sighting of the sliver of light on the moon.) So, they still had to govern their calendar by the moon AND the sun.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

((((((Jesus Second Coming ))))))

Hello my brother's & sister's in Christ ....

It has been brought to my attention, that I am not to share parts of another writters information, so I have deleted this thread....

However, I shall pray & in Gods timing & create another thread to replace this one, this time with shared knowledge from other brother's & sisters here..... :-)

Thank you all for your time & your wonderful imput on this Amazing event that shall take place in "Gods Timing"....Amen

Hi Miss Agapelove

I'm new here and anything about Jesus interrests me allot. I really want to know what you have writen, coz to my understanding you had to delete it, can you please send it to me in some way?

My dearest sister in Christ....In answer to your questions,I really felt that God was encouraging & guiding me to write scriptures that were shared by other children of God on the (((Second Coming))) this is why I copied studies from others,however It was brought to my attention that I was guilty of plagiarism (when this thread really started to take a deep interest with many) !

Although,I had displayed the link from which I had copied some of the study in order "NOT" to take the credit? but simply to enlighten others to the writers....

I was deeply upset to be treated with such judgement for the secend time here in Worthy by seperate individuals" whom I do not wish to name", so this is why I do not enter the threads anymore, also I was INSTANTLY banned from chat due to the fact I asked a question about Adam & Eve...>>>???

I do not like the debating that takes place here, I feel that there are too many people who think their knowledge is SUPERIOR in many posts "not all but most"........I was taught by God to be at peace and be gentle in my findings also with each other, no matter where another might be in their journey with Faith....and we must ask questions that lay on our hearts...I should have felt nurtured by other brother's & sister's who may be more mature in their walk with Papa God... ( but sadly this was never the case) ...

Originally, the purpose of returning here after some years was to feel the love that others also felt towards God, and to seek out my real brothers and sisters across the globe, but what I have truly discovered actually breaks my heart....I wonder what God will make of the words & debates spoken here?

I am so thrilled sister that you & I have now found that deep connection through God in our private writing, and I pray that we will grow that little bit closer to Gods hidden answers & meanings together, as we open our hearts more & more learning as God intended us to & sharing our journey's our love & passion for HIM & in HIM alone........

God knows the hearts of every one of HIS followers, and we must "ALL" remember that "JESUS IS THE LIGHT"

I have sadly witnessed here in Worthy, that many think them selves to be slightly more worthy than they truly are, and take the emphasis away from the message that God intended...?????? hence bringing God's children to Gods light, not take them away from it & lead His children to hide..?

G....od's

R....iches

A....t

C....hrists

E....xspence

Sister, you asked me privately to write about what I had discovered in the Second coming, this is why I felt the need to write here exsplaining why I felt uncomfortable displaying anything in this post which God directed me too in the first instance......

But God does not make mistakes and I listen to HIS teachings, God guides me well..there is always a reason for every action & a sheep always hear's the voice of their shepherd....

We should ALL learn & Share together our love & Passion for God & WITTNESS ......Lets keep our flame for God burning bright....Amen

Love & Blessings your sister in Christ ..Tina x

Ps ..I forgive all those who have upset me in the past on this site ...In Jesus name Amen.....God Bless you & Keep you....x

Shabbat shalom, A Sabbath peace to you, Miss Agapelove.

It has been brought to my attention, that I am not to share parts of another writters information, so I have deleted this thread....

However, I shall pray & in Gods timing & create another thread to replace this one, this time with shared knowledge from other brother's & sisters here..... :-)

Thank you all for your time & your wonderful imput on this Amazing event that shall take place in "Gods Timing"....Amen

Hi Miss Agapelove

I'm new here and anything about Jesus interrests me allot. I really want to know what you have writen, coz to my understanding you had to delete it, can you please send it to me in some way?

My dearest sister in Christ....In answer to your questions,I really felt that God was encouraging & guiding me to write scriptures that were shared by other children of God on the (((Second Coming))) this is why I copied studies from others,however It was brought to my attention that I was guilty of plagiarism (when this thread really started to take a deep interest with many) !

Although,I had displayed the link from which I had copied some of the study in order "NOT" to take the credit? but simply to enlighten others to the writers....

I was deeply upset to be treated with such judgement for the secend time here in Worthy by seperate individuals" whom I do not wish to name", so this is why I do not enter the threads anymore, also I was INSTANTLY banned from chat due to the fact I asked a question about Adam & Eve...>>>???

I do not like the debating that takes place here, I feel that there are too many people who think their knowledge is SUPERIOR in many posts "not all but most"........I was taught by God to be at peace and be gentle in my findings also with each other, no matter where another might be in their journey with Faith....and we must ask questions that lay on our hearts...I should have felt nurtured by other brother's & sister's who may be more mature in their walk with Papa God... ( but sadly this was never the case) ...

Originally, the purpose of returning here after some years was to feel the love that others also felt towards God, and to seek out my real brothers and sisters across the globe, but what I have truly discovered actually breaks my heart....I wonder what God will make of the words & debates spoken here?

I am so thrilled sister that you & I have now found that deep connection through God in our private writing, and I pray that we will grow that little bit closer to Gods hidden answers & meanings together, as we open our hearts more & more learning as God intended us to & sharing our journey's our love & passion for HIM & in HIM alone........

God knows the hearts of every one of HIS followers, and we must "ALL" remember that "JESUS IS THE LIGHT"

I have sadly witnessed here in Worthy, that many think them selves to be slightly more worthy than they truly are, and take the emphasis away from the message that God intended...?????? hence bringing God's children to Gods light, not take them away from it & lead His children to hide..?

G....od's

R....iches

A....t

C....hrists

E....xspence

Sister, you asked me privately to write about what I had discovered in the Second coming, this is why I felt the need to write here exsplaining why I felt uncomfortable displaying anything in this post which God directed me too in the first instance......

But God does not make mistakes and I listen to HIS teachings, God guides me well..there is always a reason for every action & a sheep always hear's the voice of their shepherd....

We should ALL learn & Share together our love & Passion for God & WITTNESS ......Lets keep our flame for God burning bright....Amen

Ps ..I forgive all those who have upset me in the past on this site ...In Jesus name Amen.....God Bless you & Keep you....x

Avoiding plagiarism can be summed up in a simple rule: give credit where credit is due. I don't know who so accused you; I'm not privy to the details. All I know is that you can still share information you have learned and come to embrace as your own, even if it's not your original work. We still live in free countries, after all (so far, that is)! However, when you share something that someone else said first, just simply say so! Even if you can't remember the author, just say that, too! As a would-be author, I know the importance of sharing one's work with others as well as the heartache of seeing one's work already in print. Sometimes that happens naturally. God did give us all brains, after all; so, it only stands to reason that sometimes someone else will beat us to the punch. But, I also know how awful it feels to have someone STEAL your hard work and publish it as his/her own.

On the other hand, there's no better advertising for your work than word-of-mouth advertising. If I had published something, it would be a tribute for someone else to quote it as long as he/she didn't quote too much of it and ruin my chances for income on the work I've done. It would be like waiting for a favorite detective film to come out and have someone spoil the ending for you, or wanting to watch a particular ball game you've recorded only to have someone tell you the final score before watching it. If one publishes too much of your work and reveals the genius of your hard work to others, what would be the incentive for others to purchase your work? On the other hand, if you've enjoyed someone else's work and you share portions you've enjoyed with others, that tantalizes those persons to buy the work for themselves! That's a VERY good thing!

But, don't let others intimidate you and brow-beat you into submission about something you're trying to share. Some people on forums such as these use unkind, unChristlike tactics to "win" their arguments. Just be sure to say when something is not your original work. That way, they have no ammo in the guns they are waving about. They're "all bark and no bite." You're loved here, too, and we'll have your back in an argument!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Dearest Brother Retrobyter

Thank you for your reply, as I already said I did actually say what was copied as I would never take the credit from another....

I wanted to speak freely as you are right christians should not act this way.....God is in control of my whole life and I leave all my battles with him....May God Bless you for your kind words brother...x

Love & Blessings sister tina x

Shabbat shalom, Gary.

Gary

Oh, no, brother. There IS a biblical basis for a year that differs from the lunar months. It's the planting cycles! Remember that we are talking about an agricultural society and that Isra'el has THREE "new year's days," so to speak. They have their main New Year's Day, Rosh HaShannah, which literally means "Head of The Year"; they have the New Year's Day for their religious celebrations which start with Pesach, the Passover, commemorating their Exodus from Egypt; and they have the New Year's Day for trees, which is based on the yearly cycle of the growth of the trees in Isra'el. If one were to purely use the lunar cycles, one would quickly find oneself celebrating Christmas in July, so to speak!

39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days.

41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

KJV

The lunar cycle is 29.5 days/"moonth." That's why the length of a month in Jewish time keeping varies between 29 and 30 days (unlike our vascilation between 30 and 31 days). Twelve months of 29.5 days, would be 12 x 29.5 = 354 days. That's eleven and a quarter days too short for the yearly cycle. This is why the Jewish calendar DOES add a leap month, a second Adar, every 7 to 13 cycles. Sometimes, to catch up, they will rarely have to add TWO months! This is usually because their calendar was based upon actual sightings of celestial events, such as the visual spotting of the new moon. If those events are hidden because of overcast skies, then the next day would be considered the first day of the new moon. (And, the new moon was exactly that. It wasn't when the moon was completely dark but was considered to be the first sighting of the sliver of light on the moon.) So, they still had to govern their calendar by the moon AND the sun.

I understood that there were texts that spoke of things that related to both seasons and certain months. What I said was that there was no evidence in scripture to support the leap months being added in to control the flow of the calendar to lock it in with the seasons. This seems to me to mean that either something has changed and the lunar/solar relationship to the calendar are now disconnected or that the practice of adjusting the calendar was simply not written down and given to us as knowledge. Considering that even today the relationship of the Sun and Moon is continuing to change, there may very well have been an event or some varied events that have altered this relationship. I don't know and can't say.

Gary

Shalom, Gary.

Shabbat shalom, Gary.

Gary

KJV

I understood that there were texts that spoke of things that related to both seasons and certain months. What I said was that there was no evidence in scripture to support the leap months being added in to control the flow of the calendar to lock it in with the seasons. This seems to me to mean that either something has changed and the lunar/solar relationship to the calendar are now disconnected or that the practice of adjusting the calendar was simply not written down and given to us as knowledge. Considering that even today the relationship of the Sun and Moon is continuing to change, there may very well have been an event or some varied events that have altered this relationship. I don't know and can't say.

Gary

Well, I can tell you a couple of things: First, the Jewish calendar was formalized by calculations confirmed by sightings instead of just by sightings in the 4th Century by Hillel II.

Second, let me start this with a question: Do you know how Easter is calculated each year? (And, it is calculated differently by the Eastern Orthodox Church, btw.) Easter is defined as the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Here's why: The first month of the Jewish calendar, Aviv ("Abib," which corresponds to the Babylonian name currently used, "Nissan"), is calculated by the first new moon after the spring equinox... ALWAYS! Pesach (the Passover) is on the 14th of the month (Lev. 23:5), which will ALWAYS fall on the full moon (at the halfway point between new moons)! Therefore, the first Sunday after the Pesach should be the Sunday used to commemorate the Resurrection of our Lord Yeshua`. This doesn't always work by definition because we don't spend the extra effort to calculate the first new moon after the spring equinox before calculating the first full moon. Thus, sometimes our Easter is a whole month away from Pesach, but most of the time, they will fall within a week of each other. This stems from Moshe's (Moses') training and upbringing in Egypt and the education he received as a son of Pharaoh's daughter. As a grandson of the Pharaoh, he would have been taught in the astronomy and geometry of ancient Egypt, using the stars not only to tell direction, but also to know where the sun was rising and setting in relationship to the stars. Thus, he could calculate when the solstaces and equinoxes occurred by simple shadow clocks, as Egyptians did, and God told him to use that month as the first month of their year.

A third thing I just thought of which you should also be aware: There is a tradition that there were TWO Torahs, the written Torah - Torah shebiykhtav, which Christians today call the Pentateuch (Genesis-Exodus-Leviticus-Numbers-Deuteronomy), and the ORAL Torah - Torah sheb`al peh, which was passed down for centuries from mouth to mouth. The oral Torah was an explanation on the written Torah, first given by God Himself. Both Torahs were transmitted to Moshe (Moses) upon Mount Sinai. Therefore, there were some things that were taught to the next generation that were NOT written down in the Bible. This knowledge that Moshe had about calculating the spring equinox was one of them. (Some even surmise that the original Torah written on the two tables of stone contained both, although the substitute after Moshe broke the original tables only contained what is now written, leaving Moshe to remember the rest.)

So, the Jewish year was NEVER a 360-day cycle, nor just a 354-day cycle, with months alternating between 29 days and 30 days, because the first month, Aviv, was always reset by the spring equinox! Therefore, when you said, "the practice of adjusting the calendar was simply not written down and given to us as knowledge," you were right. It was not given to US, but it WAS given to those who needed to know it.

And, as far as the relationships between the solar cycles and the lunar cycles changing, you are also right, but the changes are so miniscule that it takes thousands of years to make even a minute's difference. They have not changed that much in the last 6000 years, our God has put these orbits in nearly circular paths (from our perspective) that have not decayed significantly.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1983

Hi Miss Agapelove

G....od's

R....iches

A....t

C....hrists

E....xspence

My dearest Sister in Christ :)

Thank you so much for you reply - all I have to say is: What is Love? Love is God.... and LOVE is, you never have to appologize or say you're sorry.

I'll talk to you in pm...

Blessings

ShepherdSheep

Shalom, Danielzk.

So, the Jewish year was NEVER a 360-day cycle, nor just a 354-day cycle, with months alternating between 29 days and 30 days,

This is simply not true.

A biblical prophetic year is 360 days , a 360 day year is how Ezekiel counted out the exact day , month and year , May 15 1948 for Israel to be reborn as a nation, but it takes too much time to describe Ezekiels method as the scripture is not written in a simple math equation.

In Genesis a 5 month period of time is 150 days , There are various scriptures that tell us events and show what is intended for time calculations and fit perfectly with a 360 day year

Given how a person chooses to interpret you can get various result but if you choose the way of biblical prophets and bible scripture events you will find 360 is what is used

Consider a statement that it took a week to build a garage

you can say it was a 40 hour work week or include overtime or

you can multiply 7 days x 24hours =168 hours , and the real answer may be any of those

When it comes to biblical prophecies and events it was/is not intended to calculate the exact minutes or hours from sun up to sundown as it will vary through the year , There was no way to determine with great accuracy if a given month in a future year would have 29.5 days or 30 days and there was no simple means to put less than a full day in prophetic calculations. In biblical times the new day, the next day of the week began in the evening around sundown and with cloudy days , rain ,weather patterns it makes it even more difficult to have that level of precision .In our modern times it is easy to make calculations, but in ancient times most people did not read or write

While I agree with some things you have stated , to say that a 360 biblical year was never used and you print it in CAPS is simply not true

If you do some research you'll understand what I say

In forums the problem with providing a weblink to a given site that I have not verified 100% accurate often will bring a person to see if they can find fault with the site, if they can then they want to discredit the site entirely , well can the person trying to discredit say they have never been in error? Point is that here I provide a page with many sites , surely you'll find proof that a 360 day biblical year has been the norm for prophetic matters and some historical matters as they did not have pocket calculators in ancient times :)

https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a

Sorry, but no. You can use all the excuses you'd like, but the fact remains that IF one uses a 360-day year for calculations of several years, one is going to be off by 5.2422 days for EACH year in the calculations! That will add up until there is just a ridiculous amount of time between the time calculated and the time really experienced! I really don't care how many sites you cite! Wrong is WRONG! This is not a matter of "majority rules"; it's a matter more like "gravity!" You can have THOUSANDS who say that "if you step off this cliff, you will float on air," but though you are in the minority, if one steps off that cliff, gravity WILL take over!

Retrobyter, thanks for the lesson. I enjoyed the read. But since I cannot authenticate it by scripture alone, I cannot dogmatically use it to define truth for me. I can consider it a possible explanation but it is adding to what I have as the written word of God. There are reports that there have been earthquakes that have changed the length of a day and while I will agree that the reports given are very minuscule in nature the evidence suggests that there are events that affect the very nature of these cycles. We simply have no idea how much God has affected these things. He did, after all, cause the sun to remain still for a whole day once. I just don't know and believe that I can't know except God reveal it to me in his word.

Thank you again for your post, I did enjoy it.