AllforJesustheLord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Yes he very well spoke Aramic, but that would not have been the written language of most of the disciples, we have to look to see first at what group of people the letters and books of the bible is being written, the education and background of each author,

And with that, no actual orginal text survived, we have bits and pieces, and confirmed in the dead sea scrolls,

That and even if we did find an original text, we wouldn't know it ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

I am not the least bit insterested in another version of the bible.I have read the Kjv for many years and it has shown me the way to walk.I dont need to get another version mixed up with the word of God i trust.But i do not condem qthers if they feel led to read.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

I do not know what Lamsa wrote I am not going by what He said, so much as I am going by what the author of the book said in the web site. This is a different person, and so far in many understandings of what The Aramaic Words give they seem to be more true then any one Greek word. I do see many of the New Testament books were written to Greek people first, and were sent to them first. Thus to begin with they were probably written in Greek. Some books maybe are first written in Hebrew, and/or Aramaic though. I was thinking about one group of people kept the majority text going, and the others were lost for a while, at least most of the minority texts were, I am not sure about the Syriac, I think it was though. I think it was discovered along with the many other minority texts of Greek in the 1800 - 1970. The Syriac is Greek for Aramaic, and is about the Assyrian Aramaic. In all those thoughts I then start to think about, if both are true, then what purpose could God have in having the Aramaic Versions, I have come to think God knows Hebrew, and/or Aramaic is more of a deep language then Greek. Generally Greek means One thing, and Hebrew, and/or Aramaic means more then however many meanings Greek has. Thus The language God choose to use for so long shows more of the perfect intention of God. Although the Greek that was written in The majority text which is used to make the KJV. The Majority texts is the only texts that we have not lost throught out all time, and thus is God Word, but God can show His Word more clearly to us, and that is why I believe He is showing the Aramaic may be a route to understand scripture put together in all understandings. Thus showing the minority texts which were lost until around 1900's which are quite often thought to be older then the Majority texts, or at least most of them. Showing they also have scripture, showing they also do not have to be rejected, showing the Aramaic brings all understandings of each scripture together, so we could have a easier way to understand what is given to us already.

The definition of original text could mean what text is Jesus speaking.

Aramaic was the first language. It was the language of the Assyrians, the 2nd world empire (the first was Egypt). Hebrew came later and became the language of Israelites. Due to the captivity, the Israelites changed to Aramaic which they spoke at the end of the OT, and throughout the NT times, and even until recent times, Aramaic was still the language of the "Jews" until last century when they made a concerted effort to return to Hebrew.

Some explanation about Aramaic, that I just found out about.

my utmost point, really can't be disputed, and should put the whole thing to rest, but such things are of restless subjects for men.

any question of doctrine or translation can be broght before the throne personally, and if we seek, we shall find, maybe it's in the aramaic... or maybe it's in the way the Lord causes the next ten men's beards to sway in the wind... what ever is the answer the Lord will confirm it for the rightous man.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree exactly. I want to know the truth all which is in Jesus Christ our Lord, and God to obey Him. I know I do not know everything about the Aramaic texts, that is why I am seeking to understand, so that if I seek God's will I will find His will, also I will know more of how to help, and love other people, and to love God moreso no matter what the outcome of my decision is, because I trust Jesus Christ will lead me into all of Himself.

• Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Deut 4:2

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

(KJV)

Josh 1:7

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

(KJV)

Prov 30:6

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

(KJV)

2 Pet 1:20-21

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

(KJV)

Ps 1:1-2

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

(KJV)

Prov 3:5-7

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

(KJV)

Are you all obeying these words of God. God has never needed mans help to make Him understood to His Children, He can communicate with all His creation. He has given us the engrafted word, and The Holy Spirit. He only does things once.

My friends I am discovering many things, finding out much, yet I still need to know more in order to correctly understand God's perfect will, to know without any doubt what is God's will. Thus I do now see more of what I did not understand. There are three options that I see right now. Either The Greek text is correct by itself, or the Peshitta is correct by itself, or both compliment each other. The Greek showing things in a very focused way, and the Aramaic showing things in a very wide way. For instance if we took the Greek, and translated exactly into Hebrew, and/or Aramaic, then there would be more meanings to words. Do you see both would be correct if it was exact it is only that in that case the exact words mean what Greek does, but also mean other things, because more meanings come out of Hebrew, and/or Greek. In that case both would be correct. I am searching, and do not know what perfection is regarding The Peshitta, I also see the person on this web site has some wrong ideas about what both The Majority texts, Byzantine texts, and the Peshitta, He is not understanding somethings in each of the different texts. Father into The Name of Jesus Christ which is Your Sons name, and Your Name please lead us into all truth. Amen.

• Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

If you will Get the original English version if you are English, and forget all the other written material. Always ask The Holy Spirit to be with you, as interpreter, and teacher of God's Truth, He will give you everything you will need for each day's events. God is not a respecter of persons the first edition in each language is written by Him, He needs no other nor do we. He wrote in The Bible that all Scriptures are inspired of Him and given to us to perfect us, and being the most Holy, Perfect, True, and Just One that exists, He doesn't need anything from us but obedience to His method of relationship between us. He tells us to meditate in His Scriptures and pray all the time. When God says something He means it. I spent many years in the proverbs Scripture that tells us that in the writting of many books, and much study in them is foolichness. that should cover the issue, but man insists that God isn't smart enough to communicate with us with out man interpreting His Writtings. That would be the same as saying that God needed scientists to tell Him how to arrange all the planets in space. Lets get some Godly wisdom, and heed what and who He is. To say that The God who created all the languages could only inspire te written Scriptures in two of them is the same as calling Him a liar.

• 2 weeks later...

I have come to a pretty positive conclusion. That is the Byzantine texts, and the Textus Receptus are the correct ones, and if we receive them we can, and are able to see the perfect will of God. Yet some have come to different understandings which are pretty much the same meanings in different texts. Thus the Peshitta is correct yet has some things missing, and thus that is why the western Peshitto was made, and updated the Peshitta, so much so that The Peshitto agrees with the Byzantine majority texts. Also the other Greek texts sometimes have different meanings, but they are the same meanings none the less, unless they have something missing. For instance Spirit is one word in Greek, and breath is another in Greek. Yet in Hebrew, and Aramaic Spirit, and Hebrew have One Word seemingly they are said differently, yet they have the same meanings. Breath, and Spirit. So when we see Spirit in Greek does that mean we can not understand Spirit as breath anymore, no we can still see breath is Spirit also, we can understand more about God, who He is, and how He does things. Thus the meanings if we understand them by God's Spirit we can see they all go together as long as they are the same in staying with what The Byzantine text says. Somethings are said in a different way, yet mean the samethings. There are somethings missing in The Peshitta, 2 Peter, 2, & 3 John, Jude, Revelation, probably they were not known at that time, and that is why they were not put in. Yet in the Peshitto The Syriac orthodox church put them in, as they should be in the scriptures.