• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

http://living.msn.co...36-c779eeab897a

Parents of students at Carroll County schools in Baltimore, Md., say a new policy that scans kids’ palms to pay for their lunches goes too far.

000c0065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_00000065-07e2-0000-0000-000000000000_20121005200724_100512_scanner_300x300.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrible ! sounds criminal to me.

This is Obamas' America .

Are we under a dictator ?

Please go vote Obama OUT !

I just don't understand why they are doing this.

Is it too much work for the teachers to collect lunch money from the children ? They have been doing it for decades. Why change it to scanners .

i don't get it. what is so upsetting about this technology? i'm sure that some will think it's just one step closer to the mark of the beast, but i think that's reaching way too far. it's just scanning their palm print. just like fingerprints are used to identify people, the palm print is identifying the kid to make sure the lunch is deducted from the right account. no big deal.

i remember when i was a kid, our lunches were about 40 minutes long i think. when my kids were in school, they had more students and less time. running a cash register DOES take time... those moments of a kid fumbling with the change in his pocket (if he hasn't lost it), and of a human ringing up a sale, add up to someone at the end of the line having to literally inhale their food on their way to the next class.

by the time my kids were in high school, it had changed to them having money deposited into an account linked to their student ID. that saved time, provided the student could find their ID in the first place! otherwise, it was more wasted moments of fumbling through wallets and purses finding the right piece of plastic.

this new system, scanning a palm print, is perfect, IMO. it's not like it's an RF chip embedded under the skin, it's just the pattern of skin that is unique to each individual. no more fumbling for cash or cards. no more accidental deductions from the wrong student's account, either.

i really don't think there is anything sinister about this technological advancement, and wonder why it has taken so long for someone to come up with it!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

ok , while i understand that, but what about doing that for a job? what about going to your bank, and or applying for ss and that is there? what about going on a trip and the tsa has you do that? that is where i dont like it.

its called biometrics. i know what it cant do. it would reduce crime but also can be abused.

everything can be abused. and every advancement in technology brings us one step closer to the end times. but the end times are coming. and with them, so comes Christ's triumphal return.

now, where's the down side again?

seriously, there is no reason to fear the use of palm prints as identification. heck, having been the victim of ID theft that caused me YEARS of headache and frustration and crappy credit scores, i think it's a great thing. yes, let's imagine going to the bank and having to scan our palm. (our fingerprints have been placed on checks for years and years already anyway.) let's imagine having to scan the palm when applying for credit cards. let's imagine for a moment how difficult it would be for someone to fraudulently use our accounts to steal from us, because they don't have our skin!

still looking for the down side.

Well...maybe it could serve for a good purpose . Its another way for the children to get finger printed in case of kidnapping.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

everything can be abused. and every advancement in technology brings us one step closer to the end times. but the end times are coming. and with them, so comes Christ's triumphal return.

now, where's the down side again?

ok i can talk about this.

all biometric the goverment uses measures these

1)eye retina

2)finger print

3) and photo

these are entered into the terrorism database. this is how we get the taliban when we help them afghanis out we take them before we help them out. so we could require these before one gets tanf etc. your argument has been talked amongst the military. few dont like the idea of all americans being done like this. i DONT. why? the patriot act comes to mind.

so they then can by you simply getting a job and having all that say that you were there and charge your for a crime you didnt commit.they can also track you.remember i said banking, remember i said tanf, jobs

well there's the basic difference.

i'm not opposed to the patriot act.

and i'm certainly not against enforced measures of identification for welfare (tanf) recipients. i really don't know how it would prevent me from getting a job.

i think it's a bit paranoid to assume that the government would use it to charge you with crimes you didn't commit. sure, it might happen... it already happens, without biometrics. that's the evil nature of this world. but such charges are the exception, not the rule.

i'm not afraid of my actions, my movements being tracked, by the government or anyone else. in fact, i welcome it. i hope that whoever is watching will see Jesus reflected in me.

i'm just still not seeing the down side.

.... i'm just still not seeing the down side....

Well

It's Just Plan Embarrassing You See

For Some Of Those Kindergarteners Even After They Are Scanned

Still Have Have More Funds Left In Their Bank Accounts Than Their Poor Old Grandpas And Grandmas

It's The Direct Debit By Folks Who Can't Even Handle The Public's Monies In Their Trust That May Become Worrisome, You See