WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,470
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney called for a firmer demonstration of American strength on the world stage, while President Barack Obama argued his opponent offered an inconsistent and reckless global vision, as the two candidates met Monday night in their third and final debate.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/online-wsj-com-article-SB10001424052970203406404578072592934794944-html/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Romney seemed rather subdued last night. Strange.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

There's a good reason for that, IMO. These two men are not that far apart on foreign policy and it's challenging for each of them to set himself apart from his rival. The President has continued many of the Bush policies and, if elected, I believe that Romney will leave some of Obama's policies unchanged. Rather than subdued I believe Romney showed restraint and calm in the face of a sitting President (the incumbent ALWAYS has a slight edge) and avoided a situation that could only make him look bad. He looks Presidential on the national stage and that's exactly what he is aiming for. Both men did a really good job of making their points and now....we'll see what effect, if any, this debate has on undecided voters. Let's face it, most of our minds are made up; I think it's only like 5% that is persuadable at this point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

There's a good reason for that, IMO. These two men are not that far apart on foreign policy and it's challenging for each of them to set himself apart from his rival. The President has continued many of the Bush policies and, if elected, I believe that Romney will leave some of Obama's policies unchanged. Rather than subdued I believe Romney showed restraint and calm in the face of a sitting President (the incumbent ALWAYS has a slight edge) and avoided a situation that could only make him look bad. He looks Presidential on the national stage and that's exactly what he is aiming for. Both men did a really good job of making their points and now....we'll see what effect, if any, this debate has on undecided voters. Let's face it, most of our minds are made up; I think it's only like 5% that is persuadable at this point.

Great perspective! :thumbsup: