Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

"Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God." (Rom 14:1-6 NASB)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Sabbath is and always has been Saturday. Do you mean to keep it for some reason?

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I want only to obey God and to please him. I wish to attend services and study groups on the Sabbath. MOST Churches do not offer a Saturday service and if they do they offer them only after midnight in Jerusalem. I will go and see what the Adventists are like. I wish very much to congregate with believers on the Sabbath.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The "Sabbath" is a reference to the Holy Days of God. The only command is that we remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

This Sbbath idea with the legalistic views of the Hewbrew faith, grew and grew into laws up on laws. And the funny thing, it really did not include church, but a day of rest and the honor of God within our own homes.

There were other "Sabbath" or holy days, feasts during the years, that had to be remembered for duty at the temple.

Please understand, that even Jesus did not follow the Sabbath laws of the Hewbrews and his followers also did not follow the strict rules that they church had imposed.

Sunday was adapted because it was Sunday that Christ rose from the dead, so to the Chrsitian church, that is thier Holy day, ( wish is what the Sabbath is, a Holy Day)

For those churches too tied into legalism, they have lost all the truth and all the teachings of the New Testement, and wish to pick and choose Old Testement rules and laws to practice, while leaving others as not practiced.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

O'DannyBoy,

I was raised Seventh Day Adventist and will be glad to warn you NOT to get involved with them. They teach that Jesus did not complete the atonement at the cross and is in fact, judging us now in heaven and when He is done He will return. They teach that we can never know we are saved, they teach that the Pope will command everyone to worship on Sunday or be killed and many other STRANGE doctrines. It is another gospel and it is very deceiving. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about the denomination. Remember, wolves come in sheep's clothing. You may want to check out www.truthorfables.com

As written in Romans 14, you MAY observe the Seventh day if you wish but finding a congregation that will do it according to grace will be close to impossible.

Look: The 7th day Sabbath was given only to Israel (Deut. 5:2,3) to point them to the rest that the Messiah would bring. As the other ordinances, it was given to point to Christ.

A shadow of temporary rest until the Seed should come (Colossians 2:17 Heb. 10:12)

We believers enter into the complete rest when we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour. "Come unto Me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest and you will find rest for your souls." Matt. 11:28

Hebrews 4 explains plainly that this rest is for beleivers only and there remains therefore a rest for the people of God "Today". It says if Joshua, who was leading Israel, could have given them rest, He would not have spoke of another day.

The day is Today and Jesus is our Sabbath Rest. The temporary is completed in the Person of Jesus Christ and He gives rest eternally.

If you like, you can read my testimony by clicking on the www at the bottom of my post and clicking the link for my testimony at the middle of the page.

Blessings to you in your study!

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hey, is this Fr. Chuck from CTK, Phoenix?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489

I want only to obey God and to please him. I wish to attend services and study groups on the Sabbath. MOST Churches do not offer a Saturday service and if they do they offer them only after midnight in Jerusalem. I will go and see what the Adventists are like. I wish very much to congregate with believers on the Sabbath.

It's admirable that you want to honor God, and that is something that should always be pursued. But in the midst of your pursuit, you have to be careful not to be caught up into the "law" and tradition. What was the spirit of the law? Do you realize that Christ Himself broke the Sabbath? He valued PEOPLE above the law. I think that you are missing the point and the spirit behind what the Sabbath is. Before Christ, it was necessary to establish a certain day to honor God. After Christ, His Spirit dwells inside of us 24/7....therefore every day is holy. There is no day more sacred than the next (see the Romans 14 verses I posted above). Certainly (again, according to those same verses) it should not be an issue to cause division. There is no "right" or "wrong" in this case. It's a matter of personal preference, not principle. To regard it as an essential matter violates Scripture..and totally voilates the spirit in which the law was established in the first place.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Thank you Wordsower. I cannot tell you what peace that brings to me.

Guest shiloh357

DannyBoy,

Are you aware that page 32 of the book you supply a link to advocates "British Israelism? Did you know it is a false teaching that the US and Britain are "Israel" or the "Lost Tribes of Israel?" British Israelism promotes anti-Semitism, and many who promote it, deny the Jews are really Jews. They claim that the "true Jews" are the Anglo Saxons. Do you have an opinion on this? Do you support this false doctrine?