• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

In 1Samuel 15

15Samuel said to Saul, ‘The Lord sent me to anoint you king over his people Israel; now therefore listen to the words of the Lord. 2Thus says the Lord of hosts, “I will punish the Amalekites for what they did in opposing the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt. 3Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.”

Pay atten to “but kill both man and woman, child and infant,”

But

in luke 10

29 But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, ‘And who is my neighbour?’ 30Jesus replied, ‘A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell into the hands of robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead. 31Now by chance a priest was going down that road; and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33But a Samaritan while travelling came near him; and when he saw him, he was moved with pity. 34He went to him and bandaged his wounds, having poured oil and wine on them. Then he put him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35The next day he took out two denarii,* gave them to the innkeeper, and said, “Take care of him; and when I come back, I will repay you whatever more you spend.” 36Which of these three, do you think, was a neighbour to the man who fell into the hands of the robbers?’ 37He said, ‘The one who showed him mercy.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Go and do likewise.’

I issued some posts here the questions in my heart ,

it seems some comments were came to me that I am be considered as an un-mature Christian,i do not understand that,what is the faith?the faith is the reality not the lie,the faith is trustworthy and unshakeable peace not blind to the stories which were written in bible and the events happened,

i do not know what Christian life means to you,go to church?praise GOD?or some donation?

to me,the Christian life is:to seek a faithful/trustworthy Lord,via understanding he himself,his will/plan for me and for this world,listening to his voice and trying to understand him in every certain situation,try to handle the problem I face according to his will

so every question/puzzle in my heart ,I meditate again and again until I find the logic and rational answer.

So even it will cause some little unhappiness in some guys’ hearts,I still should issue my question:

Why Lord in gospels was so kind/merciful /love and forbade to kill,but Lord in OT,we can find mass killing from cover to cover,and in some radical case even the little kids/infants could not escape?

And this is not the brand new question I submit, actually in 2009 when I preached to some unbeliever ,this question he asked me really puzzled me years-----if I can not find rational answer for myself,how can share the gospel to others,tell them do not ask question just acceptting the inconsistent reality?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hello Slivia,

First of all I want to address one issue that appears to be troubling you from what I gathered in your OP before I move on to your thread question.

Okay, so you say how you were called an immature Christian? But don't take these things to heart, because from there your left open to be hurt and that is not any fun. Be confient in your Love and Passion for the Lord and be free to ask questions we are all here to learn. If someone wants to be mean, passover it and let the fire burn itself out. Is it fair to be treated that way? Not at all, but its up to you to do what Christ expects of you, show them the love that their hearts refuse to show.

Okay, now time for the Thread Question.....but before we dive into that i have a few questions first.

1. What makes you think God changed? according to the bible He remains the same

2. I wouldn't go as far as saying God ordained a mass killing, but yes there had to be that. Why do you think it occurred?

3. Where do you see the "inconsistency?"

1. What makes you think God changed? according to the bible He remains the same

2. I wouldn't go as far as saying God ordained a mass killing, but yes there had to be that. Why do you think it occurred?

3. Where do you see the "inconsistency?"

thks for your comfort

and :

1. What makes you think God changed? 3. Where do you see the "inconsistency?"

--------just consider the 2 sections i picked above and imaging:if you get the command from GOD to launch a mass killing even including infants(as king Saul got)from GOD,and at the same time GOD demands you treat so kind to the others(the good

Samaritan's case

)

,how can you combine these two personality/behaviors harmoniously in you?

--------for the punishment of lots of sins

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

A few things to take into account. As the generation lengthens, the ill-minded and wickedness gets passed down, so where does it end? We look at a child and see how precious he/she is yet don't see what God see's, we don't see what their future beholds or what acts they will commit. Everything God does goes with a purpose much greater than that of which we see on the surface. The Amakelites were exceedingly wicked. If they were not totally wiped out, they would have tought the Israelites their sinful ways and thus bring them under divine condemnation. The annihilation of the Amalekites in Saul’s day is the outworking of a command given many years earlier and reiterated several times.

Exodus 7:8-15

8 Then Amalek came and fought against Israel at Rephidim. 9 So Moses said to Joshua, “Choose men for us, and go out, fight against Amalek. Tomorrow I will station myself on the top of the hill with the staff of God in my hand.” 10 And Joshua did as Moses told him, and fought against Amalek; and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11 So it came about when Moses held his hand up, that Israel prevailed, and when he let his hand down, Amalek prevailed. 12 But Moses' hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set. 13 So Joshua overwhelmed Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. 14 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write this in a book as a memorial, and recite it to Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.” 15 And Moses built an altar, and named it The LORD is My Banner; 16 and he said, “The LORD has sworn; the LORD will have war against Amalek from generation to generation”

Numbers 24:20-25

20 And he looked at Amalek and took up his discourse and said, “ Amalek was the first of the nations, But his end shall be destruction.” 21 And he looked at the Kenite, and took up his discourse and said, “Your dwelling place is enduring, And your nest is set in the cliff. 22 “Nevertheless Kain shall be consumed; How long shall Asshur keep you captive?” 23 And he took up his discourse and said, “Alas, who can live except God has ordained it? 24 “But ships shall come from the coast of Kittim, And they shall afflict Asshur and shall afflict Eber; So they also shall come to destruction.” 25 Then Balaam arose and departed and returned to his place, and Balak also went his way.

Deuteronomy 25:17-19

17 “Remember what Amalek did to you along the way when you came out from Egypt, 18 how he met you along the way and attacked among you all the stragglers at your rear when you were faint and weary; and he did not fear God. 19 “Therefore it shall come about when the LORD your God has given you rest from all your surrounding enemies, in the land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance to possess, you shall blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven; you must not forget

Just as God did to Sodom and Gomorrah, Amalek had the same destiny as their sins ripened and became fervent. Instead of using angles the Lord used Saul this time, with this Saul was disobedient and did not do as the Lord commanded that he ought to. God brought the Amalek's sin's to judgement and they paid for their hardship that they brought upon Israel. God remains constant and keeps His promises and His word, weather it be a promise of blessing or judgement.

moment ago,i thought that maybe,sth we should ask GOD for answer,and GOD will directly give us sth we should see

moment ago,i thought that maybe,sth we should ask GOD for answer,and GOD will directly give us sth we should see

First of all, I want to say that I am sorry if someone called you an immature Christian for having sincere questions about God and the Bible.

believing without seeing is faith,but i do not think believing without logic and rational understanding is faith,or GOD could made the robot who obeying any command without question,the human being,our,is wisdom being,mind being,understanding being,just as the scripture says:"meditate upon the law of GOD day and night"----what means meditate,thinking,studying,try to understand,etc,and Abraham bargained with him in Sodom's issue,Job questioned him for his suffering.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Wow, this is amazing here and i sincerily thank you all for posting this thread .I used to get mixed up trying to figure that out myself yet the thing that clicked in my mind was the key words"The covenents" now that makes perfect sense now I knew God is the same as yesterday,today and tomorrow .Again thank you for answering this now I'm finally at peace over this

i heard the pastor (Dr.Stanley)said that there are "NT Christians",the guys who only pay atten to the NT,of course he blamed it,and i think that as an accurate GOD,if NT is enough,why GOD gave us the OT?so i think OT is still working,it means the law(Moses's function),the judgment(the good and evil in GOD's eye),the punishment(the consequence the Israelite disobeyed GOD)-------and NT is the salvation:believe in JESUS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Silviawang, have you read the book "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel? If not, I would recomend it strongly. It has helped me greatly in laying to rest many doubts I have had about God and the Bible.

Edited by AlexanderJ

Silviawang, have you read the book "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel? If not, I would reccomend it strongly. It has helped me greatly in laying to rest many doubts I have had about God and the Bible.

thks for suggestion,i will read it soon,and call me silvia, Wang is my family name

i think i neglect one factor,when i meditate upon GOD's word,all i see is part of the creation,i only have very limited visual field,and what GOD see/plan is the whole picture,sometimes,to understand ,should try to enlarge vison