IGNORED

Bloody VS love,I can not understand

silviawang

Bloody VS love, I can not understand

The Blood

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

Is The Love

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22

You See

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

A Song From My Childhood

THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD

Would you be free from the burden of sin?

There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;

Would you o’er evil a victory win?

There’s wonderful power in the blood.

Refrain

There is power, power, wonder working power

In the blood of the Lamb;

In the precious blood of the Lamb.

Would you be free from your passion and pride?

Come for a cleansing to Calvary’s tide;

Refrain

Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?

Sin stains are lost in its life giving flow.

Refrain

Would you do service for Jesus your King?

Would you live daily His praises to sing?

Refrain

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/t/h/therepow.htm

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

thks

Joe,the interseting thing i see is you always use the KJV bible,but my favorite one is NRSV,bcs it was amended according to

The Dead Sea Scrolls,i like to study the Jewish documents,you know i were not born in Christianity culture,the biggest reason i have faith in GOD is the amazing testimony the nation of Israel,do you know the city shanghai?the last and the only ark for the Jewish people to survive in world war 2,and i am the shanghainess,there are lots of amazing story of Jewish people in the city,almost the eastern legend

---------and i think it is do the heavy work to pick the suitable sentence from bible to answer the various questions in the forum,but as senior as you(of course you are a senior Christian),maybe sometimes you give some your own understanding,experience,testimony,---is great----actually the true meaning of Christian life is walking/working with GOD in faith,this is the reason i prefer the pastor in my grand-dad'age,bcs he has enough experience/testimony how GOD working in his life ---to share,and that is precious

i have a fellow in chinese forum ,who shared the gospel years after years,he is kind ,humble,almost always friendly to any question and blaming(bcs that is a forum including all religions not only us),and friendly to Buddhist,Muslem,did not argued with them,just shared the good news with them,and was be praised as "the good sample of Christian"------my personality is very much different from him,i always in argument,quarrel,sometimes sarcasm(the other religions),and when i suffered unhappiness,i always came to him to seek comfort,like a big brother,indeed ,he is in my father's age.------but mouthes ago,he told me he gave up,he was too tied,and could not bear so much question/blaming,and exhausted in preaching------how disappointed i am,i really never expected this,to him,the last thing i could do was left a prayer in his post,and to myself,i really learned lessons

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  13

moment ago,i thought that maybe,sth we should ask GOD for answer,and GOD will directly give us sth we should see

First of all, I want to say that I am sorry if someone called you an immature Christian for having sincere questions about God and the Bible. You are not the only one who has asked this question, about the God of the OT and the NT. The answer is that it is the same God. He is just dealing with mankind through a differen't covenant. The OT covenant was to continue till the cross. God is and always has been holy, and he has standards of right and wrong. When we violated those standards in the Old Covenant, someone had to die. To keep God from destroying mankind, as we all fall short of his glory, he set up a system of animal sacrifice, where a bull or goat would die in our place. Jesus death on the cross was for payment for our sins, meaning that when we mess up today, we confess our sins, trust in his finished work on the cross, and receive forgiveness. No more sacrificing bulls and goats. Has God changed in how he views sin? No. He still hates sin, but he deals with us differen't in this life. He will longsuffer with us longer today than in OT times, but the final judgment will still eventually come. Jesus was very clear about the horrors of hell. There are also examples of God's judgment coming on people in the NT. Ananias and Saphira come to mind, as well as Herod. These stories are in the Book of Acts. (See Acts 5:1-11 and Acts 12:20-23) The God of the OT is the same God in the NT, but he deals with us under a New Covenant.

That is a great explanation and insight. Thank you for sharing.

moment ago,i thought that maybe,sth we should ask GOD for answer,and GOD will directly give us sth we should see

First of all, I want to say that I am sorry if someone called you an immature Christian for having sincere questions about God and the Bible. You are not the only one who has asked this question, about the God of the OT and the NT. The answer is that it is the same God. He is just dealing with mankind through a differen't covenant. The OT covenant was to continue till the cross. God is and always has been holy, and he has standards of right and wrong. When we violated those standards in the Old Covenant, someone had to die. To keep God from destroying mankind, as we all fall short of his glory, he set up a system of animal sacrifice, where a bull or goat would die in our place. Jesus death on the cross was for payment for our sins, meaning that when we mess up today, we confess our sins, trust in his finished work on the cross, and receive forgiveness. No more sacrificing bulls and goats. Has God changed in how he views sin? No. He still hates sin, but he deals with us differen't in this life. He will longsuffer with us longer today than in OT times, but the final judgment will still eventually come. Jesus was very clear about the horrors of hell. There are also examples of God's judgment coming on people in the NT. Ananias and Saphira come to mind, as well as Herod. These stories are in the Book of Acts. (See Acts 5:1-11 and Acts 12:20-23) The God of the OT is the same God in the NT, but he deals with us under a New Covenant.

That is a great explanation and insight. Thank you for sharing.

yes,i think so

thks

Joe,the interesting thing i see is you always use the KJV bible,but my favorite one is NRSV, because it was amended according to

The Dead Sea Scrolls,i like to study the Jewish documents,you know i were not born in Christianity culture, the biggest reason i have faith in GOD is the amazing testimony the nation of Israel, do you know the city shanghai? the last and the only ark for the Jewish people to survive in world war 2,and i am the shanghainess, there are lots of amazing story of Jewish people in the city, almost the eastern legend

---------and i think it is do the heavy work to pick the suitable sentence from bible to answer the various questions in the forum, but as senior as you (of course you are a senior Christian), maybe sometimes you give some your own understanding, experience,testimony,---is great----actually the true meaning of Christian life is walking/working with GOD in faith, this is the reason i prefer the pastor in my grand-dad'age, because he has enough experience/testimony how GOD working in his life ---to share, and that is precious

i have a fellow in Chinese forum, who shared the gospel years after years, he is kind, humble, almost always friendly to any question and blaming(because that is a forum including all religions not only us), and friendly to Buddhist, Muslim, did not argued with them, just shared the good news with them, and was be praised as "the good sample of Christian"------my personality is very much different from him, i always in argument, quarrel, sometimes sarcasm (the other religions), and when i suffered unhappiness, i always came to him to seek comfort, like a big brother, indeed, he is in my father's age.------but months ago, he told me he gave up, he was too tied, and could not bear so much question/blaming, and exhausted in preaching------how disappointed i am, i really never expected this, to him, the last thing i could do was left a prayer in his post, and to myself, i really learned lessons

Well Beloved, First Of All You Should Know Many Of Your Brothers-In-Christ Enjoy Their Sisters

Especially When They Get Really Excited And Passionate Over Their LORD And Savior

So, Do Know You Are Special Even If You Get A Little Sassy For Jesus. :)

Here Is Another Sister Showing Her Passion For The Truth

And Even I Have To Pay Attention When A Sister's Love Of Bible Spills Over~!

I Love The Bible

And I Love Many Translation Of It

The NASB Is (IMO) A Fine Study Bible And The NIV Sings Of Jesus

And The NRSV Is Jaw-Dropping Wonderful And On And On And The Different Bibles Are A Feast Fit For A King (Or Queen)

Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. Psalms 119:41

I Use The KJV For Two Reasons,

First I Can Use It As The Bulk Of Any Of My Posts Without Written Permission From A Publisher

Because The KJV Has No Legal Copyright In America, I Never Need To Worry About Infringement Of Copyright Lawsuits

Using This Translation Protects Both Worthy And Family From Needless Legal Troubles

The Second Reason Is Because I "Think" In KJV So I Can Easily Find The Verses Needed

I Almost Always Look In The KJV First Even If I Intend To Post A Quote From Another Bible

Here Is A (Very) Little About Me And My Bible

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

so every question/puzzle in my heart ,I meditate again and again until I find the logic and rational answer.

We are a children of God

required to seek Him with all heart, soul, mind and strength Mk 12:30, Lk 10:27 = being THIS-> by His Spirit within and His Written Word...

This is a life process of repetition in all that 'IS' to be understood... His Godly fruits He puts within us helps us to accomplish this in our lives...

We never use One (Spirit) without the other (Word)!

So even it will cause some little unhappiness in some guys’ hearts,I still should issue my question:

Why Lord in gospels was so kind/merciful /love and forbade to kill,but Lord in OT,we can find mass killing from cover to cover,and in some radical case even the little kids/infants could not escape?

And this is not the brand new question I submit, actually in 2009 when I preached to some unbeliever ,this question he asked me really puzzled me years-----if I can not find rational answer for myself,how can share the gospel to others,tell them do not ask question just accepting the inconsistent reality?

The OT was God's communication of His Holiness by right of Law and its focus was judgment of sin... (the least infraction was unacceptable) death was the required payment!

The NT is brought to the perfecting of The Church as Bride of Christ- we are literally born of God! God's Holiness could only have been of God and law brought death to all men but

God The Son came into the written word as the Living Word and became sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God 'IN HIM'. Now this catapults us into Places and Reasons

that the law could never have done- to love for no other reason as it 'IS' God in us the hope of glory and we are finished in Him... living no longer lives that were of our old nature but

of the new nature that will take eternity to worship God For giving to us!

Please understand we are to rightly divide His Word of Life into reason that brings our minds into renewing conformity to His!

Titus 3:5

5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration

and renewing of the Holy Spirit, NKJV

born of God is a intimate witness within and a corporate witness of those like us... His Spirit bears witness with our spirit!

then if we are His children this becomes our task

2 Ti 2:15

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

NKJV

Romans 12:2

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good

and acceptable and perfect will of God.

NKJV

To know God is the reason for all that is in place -> because to know Him requires us to be 'OF HIM'

Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

God ordered that the Amalekites to be destroyed because they were on His way of salvation. So the question is what will happen if the Amalekites were not destroyed that way. One of the possible outcome is that the Israelites will be destroyed instead. As a result, God's plan of salvation will be vanished as in His plan, the Israelites will act as a messenger to carry forward His plan of salvation.

We can't look into the future to make a decision but God can. If God foresaw that the Amakekites will possibly destroy the Israelites as a whole, He will have no mercy on the Amalekites. Sometimes you have to kill the wolves to protect the sheep.

Moreover, there are always spiritual wars going on in the spiritual realm. The Amalekites may well be under the influence of the devil and his horde to try to put a stop to God's plan.

Luke 10 doesn't apply in this situation.

We are humans with limited intelligence. We can't be in God's position to consider on the scope as He considers, such as the historical perspectives and spiritual war aspects. To trust our own "logic" means to trust something limited which can be mistaken. Faith actually means to trust God instead of our limited and mistakable "logic".

I am a Chinese from Hong Kong and now is living in Canada. Nice to meet you here in Worthy Board Forums.

God Bless.

Hawkins

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God ordered that the Amalekites to be destroyed because they were on His way of salvation. So the question is what will happen if the Amalekites were not destroyed that way. One of the possible outcome is that the Israelites will be destroyed instead. As a result, God's plan of salvation will be vanished as in His plan, the Israelites will act as a messenger to carry forward His plan of salvation.

We can't look into the future to make a decision but God can. If God foresaw that the Amakekites will possibly destroy the Israelites as a whole, He will have no mercy on the Amalekites. Sometimes you have to kill the wolves to protect the sheep.

Moreover, there are always spiritual wars going on in the spiritual realm. The Amalekites may well be under the influence of the devil and his horde to try to put a stop to God's plan.

Luke 10 doesn't apply in this situation.

We are humans with limited intelligence. We can't be in God's position to consider on the scope as He considers, such as the historical perspectives and spiritual war aspects. To trust our own "logic" means to trust something limited which can be mistaken. Faith actually means to trust God instead of our limited and mistakable "logic".

I am a Chinese from Hong Kong and now is living in Canada. Nice to meet you here in Worthy Board Forums.

God Bless.

Hawkins

Yes Mr. Hawkins it is good to meet you! I always say or most always say Love, Steven because it always requires review with

God-> Is this ok Father and loving - is this my heart of Yours within or the one we want to throw away :) ???

I Use The KJV For Two Reasons,

First I Can Use It As The Bulk Of Any Of My Posts Without Written Permission From A Publisher

Because The KJV Has No Legal Copyright In America, I Never Need To Worry About Infringement Of Copyright Lawsuits

Using This Translation Protects Both Worthy And Family From Needless Legal Troubles

The Second Reason Is Because I "Think" In KJV So I Can Easily Find The Verses Needed

I Almost Always Look In The KJV First Even If I Intend To Post A Quote From Another Bible

Here Is A (Very) Little About Me And My Bible

the law in United states is awesome,in China seldom do we concern the copyright issue(i mean the citizen),the difference directly bcs of the different religion,the religions in china never give us the concept of law

God Bless.

Hawkins

Nice to meet you, although we are all chinese,but i think y can understand there are still difference between ML china and hongkong......sometimes i really think that china really under the curses from GOD,recent days i study the history of "10 years culture revolution",y know how hell like it was...........and i pay atten to the year it broken:1966------that just around 70 years after 1900,what was happened in 1900 in china?there was a mass killing of pastors and Christians launched by chinese.........and it was 70 years after JESUS came to this world,the jewish temple was destoried and the jewish people came to exile..............is the "10 years culture revolution"the punishment from GOD for the payment of "boxer"???(do you know my university,the HUJIANG university,it was founded on the blood of Christian bcs of the "boxer")or the 2"70 years"just the coincidence?...................from the history and the reality of the pagan world(of course including........),i think we may consider bible/GOD in 2 ways,salvation and punishment..............