Littlelambseativy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know about the article, the Church is being downsized due to the apostasy? Don't believe it - "the gates of hell shall not prevail".

IMO, the falling away involves those things (persons) that "can be moved", like Professor's not Possessor's and like the ecumenical religiosity of religionist's (the lost world playing church). I believe those who are in the Vine will not go into apostasy or fall away. God will have a separation and he will purge his church of the world.

Hebrews 12:26b-27

Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

As a reminder, please post replies as a discussion with questions. Teaching on WCF is only allowed to be done by those in the ministry (Worthy Watchmen, Worthy Chat Servants, and Servants).

God bless,

GE

Guest bryanw92

The Methodist took a vote that almost passed to allow gay Pastors. The largest denomination has had the light turned on. They were corrupt long before. How does a whole denomination come to such a confused and dark place to even consider such a vote? It almost passed, now come out from her people.

It would be akin to taking a vote one Sunday morning to see if my Congregation wanted to practice black magic or have me preach about Jesus. I tell you the truth, If I was sitting there and listening and such a vote suggested, I am out the door as fast as possible, never to come back.

The vote did not almost pass. It was defeated by a comfortable margin. Back in June, when we were having our quadrennial General Conference, millions of United Methodists watched this vote with great fear. We watched and waited because, if the church had voted to allow gay pastors and gay weddings, the church would have split immediately. The rank-and-file membership of the UMC is largely not in favor of such evils, but the leadership above the local church level is more in touch with "social gospel" than they are the real Gospel.

The forces of the gay agenda used every parliamentary trick in the book, and when they all failed, they flooded the delegate floor with protestors but the leaders of the Conference gavelled them down and even suspended the conference until order was restored. They forces of the gay agenda have done this every 4 years for 40 years and we have beat them back each time.

It is a shame that we have to deal with this every GC because it distracts us from the real work of Christ in the world, but our rules allow for motions to be made. It is a big part of our denomination's history. It doesn't prove us all to be apostate, but it really shows that we are alive and still fighting the good fight. The same weaknesses in our Book of Discipline that allow these votes to come up, also empower the local church to operate free of the dictates of our liberal "social gospel" leadership, so everything balanaces out in the end.

But the day we vote to allow it, I will sadly give up the UMC forever and find a new church home.

Guest bryanw92

bryanw92

60% against, 40% for. Almost half.

1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

You don't have to deal with it, Leadership is corrupt to even consider such a vote. It's extremely sad because of the great foundation the Methodist have laid. Book or no book the vote should have never been taken. The Word of God is the only book.

It would had been better if the vote passed, and separate who's the Lord's and who is not. Now all the gay agenda is hidden again in many Methodist churches corrupting here some and there some, the people finding God and a church unaware. I would rather have my enemy in the light where I can see them.

1Co_4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

This vote will pass eventually though. It has to, as God will have to purge those that are his from them that are not. If you stay and believe, then also believe for wisdom, how to help, what to do. Don't get down though, once it's separated and light given, every man will praise God.

Jesus Is Lord.

I don't believe that it will ever pass. 60/40 is a difference of 20 percent. That's big considering that the only people who vote are big-shot delegates, hand-picked by Bishops and District Superintendents.

We look at the damage done to the Presbyterians, Episcopals, and Lutherans and the Methodist congregations are beginning to push back at our leaders' leftist excesses. We have a vital and growing Revival Movement within the UMC that is exciting and encouraging, and so far, most people don't even know it exists! Once it breaks out, there's not going to be any stopping it. We lost a lot of our fire when we decided to be the church of affluent middle America in the middle of the 20th century. Now, we're the church of Koreans and Africans who are so alive with the Spirit that flesh can barely contain it, and we are the church of people who are slipping from affluence to poverty in Obama's new America. These are people will purge the leaders long before the leaders purge them! As a local congregation leader, I can see it in my own people. Our biggest problem is to get over the fear of going all-out for Jesus. We've been the white shirt and tie denomination for too long and we don't know how to walk down a dirt road in sandals spreading the gospel. We'll get it back long before the gays can rip us apart. God is with us.

Guest bryanw92

The gates of Hell, shall not prevail. Stay encouraged!! My hope is that the Gifts of the Spirit start operating and many Methodist Churches. Where the Power of the Spirit of God is, Satan don't stand a chance. The people seem a bit bolder also, as many hang off the rafters speaking in tongues. (Joking)

Jesus Is Lord.

I wish!! We could use a little bit of Holy Rolling!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1942

Your time line falls short and is therefore all wrong. The Shekinah Glory left the tempe in 33 AD when Christ died on the Cross, The veil split from top to bottom, We now have direct access to the Holy of Holies. This was in 33 AD not 66 AD.

The sequence of events were as follows...

The restrainer was taken away – Shekinah Glory seen leaving the Temple in 66AD. False, the Shekinah Glory left the temple with the death of Christ, the veil split.

Here's how I see it. 2 Thess was written in 52AD. here is what Paul said at that time...

2 Thessalonians 2:6-7 (NASB)

6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

This was written 22 years after the crucifixion and Paul is saying that the restrainer has not yet been lifted. It was another 14 years before it was lifted and in only a matter of weeks the violence started unabated.

Man of sin is in the Temple - Eleazar ben Simon Not the Man of Sin, for the Shekinah Glory left temple in 33 AD. Not 66 AD

Already answered above.

Christians fled to Pella according to tradition Christians were already in Phillipi, Corninth, Turkey, Asia Minor.

This passage refers only to the Christians in Judea and Jerusalem and not to the entire Church at large. These are the ones addressed by Jesus in the Olivet discourse.

God had cut the siege short so the elect could survive Many of the elect were already sent into captiviy as were the Jews.

Not sure that I understand this statement. Elect is a general label for God's people for all time. There are people yet to be born that are God's elect. Daniel said it was for the elect's (600 years in his future) sake that God would shorten this great tribulation – and he did with the surprising early surrender of the terrorists in the fortress of Herod.

Granted that not all of them surrendered but they posed little threat so much so that Titus disbanded his forces and the remaining forces did the mopping up. Also the surrendering Zealots were surrendering in order to stage another attack on the Romans but it was unsuccessful.

The obediant Christian elect had departed the city in 66AD – so then who are the elect that Daniel was referring to? It was the group of people who had come to God and accepted his salvation during the tribulation of those days – 66-70AD. This tribulation was because of the love of God and an absolute last ditch effort to bring people into his Kingdom.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Sonseeahray

It all goes back to Dan 9:24 - Seventy sevens are decreed for your people (Daniels people Israel) and your holy city (Dainels holy city Jerusalem) to: .... The first 69 weeks were all about Israel, the 70th week is all about Israel. Matt 24:15 is the direct reference from Daniel 9:27. Abomination that cause desolation. This departure from Judea has nothing to due with Christians, but only to those of Israel, Daniels people.

And again the Shekinah Glory left the Temple (Holy of Holies) in 33 AD, at Christs death when the veil split from top to bottom opening up the Holy of Holies to the inner court. The High Priest no longer had access to the Holy of Holies, because Jesus Christ became our High Priest. The Holy of Holies became empty when the veil was split. No more Shekinah Glory residing there.

This is basic Church Doctrine. For if the Shekinah Glory still resided in the Holy of Holies in the Temple beyond 33 AD, Christ was then not our High Priest. Christians would then need to go through the Jewish High Priest, Which is not Biblical.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Edited by Montana Marv

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

It all goes back to Dan 9:24 - Seventy sevens are decreed for your people (Daniels people Israel) and your holy city (Dainels holy city Jerusalem) to: .... The first 69 weeks were all about Israel, the 70th week is all about Israel. Matt 24:15 is the direct reference from Daniel 9:27. Abomination that cause desolation. This departure from Judea has nothing to due with Christians, but only to those of Israel, Daniels people.

Hi Marv,

I certainly agree that Daniel's descendants are Jews, but it would be very difficult, if not impossible to prove your statement above. Christ and His disciples were Daniel's descendants and the first to be converted almost 2000 years ago. But there are still Christians living in Israel today, and the ones that will escape are the ones that heed His words to flee to the mountains when they see the abomination of desolation. The secular Jews will not be following His commands or studying His word, but those who are will know what time it is.

Sonseeahray

And again the Shekinah Glory left the Temple (Holy of Holies) in 33 AD, at Christs death when the veil split from top to bottom opening up the Holy of Holies to the inner court. The High Priest no longer had access to the Holy of Holies, because Jesus Christ became our High Priest. The Holy of Holies became empty when the veil was split. No more Shekinah Glory residing there.

This is basic Church Doctrine. For if the Shekinah Glory still resided in the Holy of Holies in the Temple beyond 33 AD, Christ was then not our High Priest. Christians would then need to go through the Jewish High Priest, Which is not Biblical.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi Marv,

I certainly agree that Daniel's descendants are Jews, but it would be very difficult, if not impossible to prove your statement above. Christ and His disciples were Daniel's descendants and the first to be converted almost 2000 years ago. But there are still Christians living in Israel today, and the ones that will escape are the ones that heed His words to flee to the mountains when they see the abomination of desolation. The secular Jews will not be following His commands or studying His word, but those who are will know what time it is.

I see nothing about Marv's statement except, I think, that the Shekinah left Judah a lot earlier than 33AD. The parting of the veil has nothing to do with the glory departing, but that the way to God is now open to all who go through Jesus Christ.

Where do you, 'rollinTHUNDER', get that Christ and his disciples were Daniel's descendants? That is strange doctrine to me.