IGNORED

The Error of Replacement Theology

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

(Jer 31:35-37)

Last I checked, the sun and moon and stars are still going strong.   God has not caused Israel to cease being His nation.   He has not cast them off, despite what some misguided theologians claim.   God is eternally faithful to Israel even if some so-called "Christians"  can't make room for that in their "theology."

God doesn't change his stripes.  He promises to be faithful to Israel forever, not until something called "the church" comes into being.  No, God keeps His promises and the Jewish people are a showcase of that faithfulness.

It was faithless "Christian" theologians through the ages  who devised and perpetuated the notion that the church is the "new Israel."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I pity those who, one day, will have to sputter up an explaination for their hatred of Jews when they, one day, finally stand face-to-face with the King of the Jews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminds me of this:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I think many Christians have not necessarily 'embraced' Replacement Theology, but have been drip-fed these teachings

until it has become part of their spiritual persona...the antidote is to feed yourself on the word of G-d, and actually allow

the Holy Spirit to have acess to your heart and mind and to believe the true Fathers of the faith, the Prophets and the

teachings of the Apostles.

What I have encountered too numerous times to mention is that people accept RT by default..the teachings of their

Christian community to which they are loyal, give them little or no choice in the matter, because if they disagree

with their 'Church' they are disobeying the authority given to their 'Church' by G-d.   Thus their 'Church' teaches

that the Church is now Israel...it is down-loaded into their understanding and accepted as true, and no amount

of appeal to Scripture will shift them because they defer to the teachings of their 'Church' over and above the clear

passages of Scripture which demolish RT in an instant.    This is because their 'Church' has this covered, and will

not allow individuals to draw their own conclusions apart fron Church teaching...hence a 'catch 22' situation.

Cults operate in a similar manner.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I pity those who, one day, will have to sputter up an explaination for their hatred of Jews when they, one day, finally stand face-to-face with the King of the Jews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminds me of this:

I pity all those who have rejected Jesus Christ as both Lord and Messiah, and who will face Him on the Day of Judgment. Don't you?

Guest shiloh357

Reminds me of this:

I pity all those who have rejected Jesus Christ as both Lord and Messiah, and who will face Him on the Day of Judgment. Don't you?

And it has historically been replacement theology and the hatred it engendered for the Jews that stands  as the biggest impediment to them coming to know the Lord.  Those who have rejected the Jews as God's chosen people have been the biggest reason  Jews reject the Lord.   Replacement Theology is an impediment to evangelism and those who hate the Jews and reject them will stand and give an account of their hatred before the very Lord who died for the Jews. 

You needn't pretend you care one whit about the Jews rejecting Jesus.  I believe your posts drip with moral indifference.

Reminds me of this:

Yes I do indeed pity all who reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Messiah. We all will face Jesus Christ on the Day of Judgement. It is just a matter of being devided right and left - those who accepted Jesus as Messiah/Lord and those who rejected God's Holy Spirit.  

My point was that Jesus was the King of the Jews first. :thumbsup:

Romans 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Reminds me of this:

Yes I do indeed pity all who reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Messiah. We all will face Jesus Christ on the Day of Judgement. It is just a matter of being devided right and left - those who accepted Jesus as Messiah/Lord and those who rejected God's Holy Spirit.  

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

First, but not only; we Gentiles are now included in God's love if we respond to Jesus with repentance and love! The Jews who reject Him are in the same boat as everyone else who does.

Guest shiloh357

First, but not only; we Gentiles are now included in God's love if we respond to Jesus with repentance and love! The Jews who reject Him are in the same boat as everyone else who does.

Gandalf, you are trying refute an argument that wasn't raised.   No one said the Jews were the only ones.   How about posting to the substance that was provided instead of evading it???

Notice that I bolded for the Jew AND also for the Greek (Gentile). Yes we are included in God's family and grafted into God's promises to Israel through Jesus Christ - Messiah. Who ever said only? Did I say that?

A. Here's how I view Israel... I don't believe it's unChristian to stand up for God's chosen people - Israel. Have God's promises to Israel been nullified or fullfilled? I don't think so... Israel's rejection is not total or final. See Romans 11. Would you agree?

B. Regardomg Jews who reject Christ... This graph gives us a good picture of where Jews and Gentiles relate to the Church. Grafted-in Gentiles and Remnant Jews are saved by Jesus Christ and therefor part of the Church. Ethnic Jews are ethnic Israel and Gentiles are the rest of those who are not saved. Do you agree with this?

shearit-Yisrael2.gif

C. The difference is we're (as Gentiles) grafted into God's promises to Israel - the blessing of Messiah. Jesus was sent to the Jew first as salvation was promised to the Jews according to Jesus (John 4:22) and then the Gentiles

(Romans 1:16-17) as a blessing to all the nations. Do you agree?

Picture of grafting...

p-064-1.gif

For more see this thread:

God bless,

GE

For ease of discussion (and since the quote feature is still broken) I've assigned myself the color brown, Gandalf Indigo, and I've left Shiloh's posts in bold black. I've also set dividers between the different quotes. It's getting hard to read the quotes. Please follow suit by choosing a color to differentiate posters in the discussion. Please reserve Medium Blue for Scripture.