Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I heard that Martin was just jogging through a Gated Community for exercise just like alot of folks do. I mean sure, he was wearing a dark colored hoodie, there had been previous break-ins in the community, and he was acting suspiciously. What's that supposed to mean anyway? Of course Zimmerman is guilty and a racist. I mean, it wasn't like he was hired as a Security Officer for the community or anything like that. Afterall, he did make a big deal out of Martins race when he reported the incident, :44: as was required by law. He deserves not only a broken nose, a huge gash to his head, and a threat to his life, but also to lose his livelyhood and reputration for the rest of his life, as well as, to be summarily jailed. :duh::doh::crosseyed:

In fact, forget the law! We need Social Justice and we need it now! I am my brothers Savior!

Eh...what is this about. You do realize that Martin had every right to be there because his fathers girlfriend lived there right? Or have you overlooked that fact?

I personally think Zimmerman should hang. He's obviously a racist pig. :whistling:

Wow Dave very mature of you. Hope we actually discuss this without the outlandish sarcasm, or am I expecting too much. Once again. You do realize that Martin had every right to be there because his Father's girlfriend lived there right?

Actually, I was demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

There was thread back when all of this started and the things I posted in my first post that you repsonded to were actually stated there.

I actually believe that you were one of the folks stating that Zimmerman was a murderer before all of the facts were in which kinda puts you in the same boat as NBC.

Feel free to Correct me if I'm wrong though.

No need for correction. I said he murdered him, and still believe that. I never said he set out to do it, but I don't believe it was self defense. I made my self pretty clear in that thread, no need to rehash it here. All one has to do is go there and read my posts. So what is your point again?

I was demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

lol im not really making anything up, you assume that just becaues you dont know your neighbors, that its that way elsewhere. And even if you live in a low end gated community, the one that this took place in was a higher end one. Just because you happen to live in a "poor" gated community and you "dont" know your neighbors, doesnt mean that was the case there, in fact it wasnt-the community was definetly on the higher end.

According to the reports, he was walking in the rain, checking out each house as he walked by, and going in between houses-which is trespassing, so theres another mistake he made. Burglers often case a neighborhood-walk house to house, walk in between them to see inside windows to see which ones have the more valuable stuff inside and be the easiest to break in. If I saw a stranger walking in my neighbors back yard, Id be calling 911 to. Any reasonable citizen, who careda bout his and his neighbors, would.

And if you feel someone is following you, and feel threatened, then a person who is not guilty, should try to avoid a confrontation-try to evade the person following, and call 911. You still havent answered why martin did not call 911. He should have.

I still say this wasnt murder-at worst case scenario, it was a an accident-at best case, self defense.

An accident that takes someones life is still murder in a situation like this. Doesnt matter if it was intended or not.

No actually it's not. Not if it was in self defense.

In any-case I believe that we all agree that the Media did a horrendous job at covering the story.

yes, we can indeed agree on that. As for everything else, it might be best to just agree to disagree-at least until after the trial is over, until then its in reality an endless circle with no new information until then.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

How much before? That's like saying if he told a lie when he was 10 years old, it means he's lying now.

how about we just stick to his adult life, or even a 5 year period and everything since.

So, if he lied even 5 years ago about something, does that mean he's lying now?

Guest shiloh357

An accident that takes someones life is still murder in a situation like this. Doesnt matter if it was intended or not.

Wrong. Murder is the wanton act of taking an innocent human life. At worst it is manslaughter. Murders are not accidents. Murder is always intentional.

But like I said, I don't believe he was defending himself.

Sorry but the evidence says you are wrong. New images of Zimmeran with the swollen nose the bloody face and head demonstrate that this was not a one-sided fight. He was attacked by Martin and shot Martin (rightfully) in self-defense.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Premise 1 - Zimmerman was wrong for leaving his car after police told him to stay put.

I read a report, though, that explained the likely reason for Zimmerman's over-zealousness (note: explain is not justify). The community had just experienced a series of robberies. I forget the details enough to re-explain, but on account of a series of events, apparently Zimmerman by this time was convinced that the person he saw was one of the people responsible for the previous thefts. If I recall correctly, he was also frustrated with the incompetence (as he saw it at least) of the police to do anything about it.

I thought I posted a link to the article way back, but I can't find it.

In any event, re-hashing guilt-innocence over an issue we don't know all the facts about is really very pointless.

The point of this article is that NBC botched their job and made a bad situation worse. After all, look at us. Already we are throwing punches at each other over this. Is this Christ-like?

if that is the case then gator, then I take back my comments about the higher end community. It doesnt change my other arguments though, that martin looked out of place and was acting suspicious

Premise 1 - Zimmerman was wrong for leaving his car after police told him to stay put.

I read a report, though, that explained the likely reason for Zimmerman's over-zealousness (note: explain is not justify). The community had just experienced a series of robberies. I forget the details enough to re-explain, but on account of a series of events, apparently Zimmerman by this time was convinced that the person he saw was one of the people responsible for the previous thefts. If I recall correctly, he was also frustrated with the incompetence (as he saw it at least) of the police to do anything about it.

I thought I posted a link to the article way back, but I can't find it.

In any event, re-hashing guilt-innocence over an issue we don't know all the facts about is really very pointless.

The point of this article is that NBC botched their job and made a bad situation worse. After all, look at us. Already we are throwing punches at each other over this. Is this Christ-like?

I don't see anyone throwing punches though sis.

I believe that we should stand for what is right no matter the cost.

Guest shiloh357
There was is a lady who left 3 infants alone at her home daycare. There was a fire that happened at her home, the children died. She was charged with murder. Do you think she intentionally wanted her house to burn down with the children in it? You can look this story up. She has already been sentenced for one of the babies. Simply put you have no clue what you are talking about.

I think there are facts that are being left out. Link me to the story or at least give me some more information as to the date of the event and the name of the city and state. Murder is a term that is legally defined and that definition has to be met in a court of law for a person to be convicted of it. IF she set he fire in order to kill the children then yes, she is guilty of murder. If she left the house and ran down the street for something at the store and the house caught fire while she was gone, then it would be not be and could not be murder, legally speaking.

Accidental deaths are not murders. She can be charged with negligence, child endagerment, maybe second degree manslaughter, but unless she did something to bring about the deaths of those children ON PURPOSE, she did not commit murder.

If accidental deaths can be considered "murder" then every drunk driving incident, and every accidental hunting fatality where someone get accidentally shot or whatever would be considered murder.

Murder is only always on purpose and can either happen some something carefully premeditated or as a crime of passion. Either way it is a wanton act, meaning you intended for the outcome to be the cessation of life of anoher person.