IGNORED

At least one dead in mall shooting near Portland, Ore.

Waiting2BwithHim

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

At least one person has been killed and at least four injured after a man opened fire inside the Clackamas Town Center, according to authorities.

The shooting took place Tuesday afternoon at the shopping mall near the Portland suburb of Happy Valley.

The gunman has been neutralized but there are no details at this time about the suspect's condition or motives, said James Rhodes of the Clackamas Co. sheriff's office.

"We believe there is at least one deceased, maybe more," said Rhodes.

One witness at the Clackamas Town Center told television station KATU at least two people were shot, and he saw sheets put over them.

Another witness told the station she saw people screaming and parents grabbing their children as they fled the mall.

That witness said the gunman had a rifle and was wearing a camouflage outfit and a mask.

Another witness said ambulances were arriving at the scene.

Entrances to the mall have been blocked off.

http://news.msn.com/us/reports-of-gunfire-at-mall-near-portland-ore

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Two people shot and killed as of my posting. One person is clinging to life - pray!!!

The gunman shot and killed himself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

These mall and public shootings happen quite often now. Most of the time the shooters killed themselves. I am wondering what the cause of this just like I still wonder about Colorado Movie Theater Batman movie shooting.

I don’t buy into the Mental Illness or insanity defense. I am sure these shooters have a purpose doing this. A couple of so years ago some guy at a Health club started shooting because he tried to pick up on women not interested in him there. So those rejected come back for whatever reason and take the lives of everyone around that environment. Once it was most common people rejected sought counseling.

In my case if I felt a group of people did not like me for some reason I just stop going to that place if nothing can be changed. Get out of those environments. I call it dusting of the Sandals factor. Even Jesus did not stay in a city when he was totally rejected. But he stayed in places and showed miracles where many did believe.

There is always a better way of rejection than a violent act. Sometimes society does not care enough. It’s the way things are now. But let this stop you from caring. God will see you are still trying to show a good example.

Titus 2:7-8 and 11-15

7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,[a] 8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.