• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

That is because people lean on their own understanding of what they believe scripture says instead of letting scripture speak for itself.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

No it is not a collective people but one person hence "son of perdition". And yes too many people do lean to their own understanding instead of getting their understanding of God's words from God!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I do believe we are in the last of the final days before it all goes down but i have yet to seen a sign of the antichrist

That is why God is going to kill everyone on the planet. Lets get the Word out while we are here.

Really?

Matthew 24

21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Man, yes.......... I suppose you thought Jesus said no spirit shall be saved. NO, he said flesh, (The stuff that covers your bones) as in everything dies unless those days are made short. Just the first trumpet alone kills millions, if not billions.

You said God was going kill everyone on the planet.........that's false.

Tribulation is compared to the flood of Noah, by Jesus and by Peter. Jesus said that tribulation time will be far worse than the flood. Everyone died in the flood except Noah and his family.

Actually it's not. Jesus said, "the days of Noah", not the "flood of Noah".

When Jesus referenced Noah, this is what He was talking about.

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Just as the flood came without warning, Christ will also appear without warning. It has nothing to do with the severity of the flood. He's talking about society in general. Nobody knew or cared until it was too late.

These left behind books and movies give everyone the idea that there will be power, and news crews and everyone running around trying to figure things out.

I wouldn't know. Don't read or watch that stuff.

Man, we are getting into areas outside of this man as God thing. So lets chill until we find a more appropriate thread.

Until next time Brother.

Jesus Is Lord.

Just making an observation.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Paul used the term 'man of God' in I Tim 6:11 and again in 2 Tim 3:17. Should we believe that there is only one man of God? Then why would we necessarily believe that there is only one man of sin? The word for man can be either plural OR singular.

The 'antichrist' comparison is also out of context. Only John uses the term and he defines just what he means in his letters. Antichrists never declare themselves to be god; what an antichrist declares is that Christ never came in the flesh, that He was only a spirit. The man of sin claims to BE god and relegates all other gods to alleged non-existence. That is the difference.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The message is that since those days will be shortened , flesh and blood people will survive and enter into the 1000 year time period where their life span will increase to the way it was in genesis when the average age was nearly 1000 years of age , these are the people who will be ruled and reigned over during Jesus as KING, then afterward satan is released to see who he can deceive ,,,,

I have heard this said on these boards before, but nobody was able to provide scripture for the claim that humans will live 1000 years during the millennium. Perhaps you can?

Are you speaking from this passage?

Revelation 20:4-6

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

The message is that since those days will be shortened , flesh and blood people will survive and enter into the 1000 year time period where their life span will increase to the way it was in genesis when the average age was nearly 1000 years of age , these are the people who will be ruled and reigned over during Jesus as KING, then afterward satan is released to see who he can deceive ,,,,

I have heard this said on these boards before, but nobody was able to provide scripture for the claim that humans will live 1000 years during the millennium. Perhaps you can?

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

This is a topic that has depth to it

No I am not referring to the passage you post .

I have not had much time to post lately , but the first scripture that comes to mind is

Isaiah 65

“Never again will there be in it

an infant who lives but a few days,

or an old man who does not live out his years;

the one who dies at a hundred

will be thought a mere child;

the one who fails to reach a hundred

will be considered accursed.

In Isaiah 65:17, we read "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind." This is a few verses above your quote, making your quote speaking about the New Heaven, New Earth and the New Jerusalem, not the Millennium.

Here is the whole passage:

The Glorious New Creation

17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy.

19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying.

20 “No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old, But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

22 They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord, And their offspring with them.

24 “It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”

Says the Lord.

This is a topic that has depth to it

No I am not referring to the passage you post .

I have not had much time to post lately , but the first scripture that comes to mind is

Isaiah 65

“Never again will there be in it

an infant who lives but a few days,

or an old man who does not live out his years;

the one who dies at a hundred

will be thought a mere child;

the one who fails to reach a hundred

will be considered accursed.

In Isaiah 65:17, we read "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind." This is a few verses above your quote, making your quote speaking about the New Heaven, New Earth and the New Jerusalem, not the Millennium.

You really believe people that are in the new earth and new Jerusalem will be able to die??

that would mean that sinful flesh can live forever ...this is deeper than your quick glance at scripture ....

Yes, it is deeper then a quick glance. Perhaps we both should take another look. Revelation 21:4 states that there will be no more death. We both can agree on this, but does this mean physical or spiritual death, or both? We don't know for sure. The term death has many meanings, not just one. Death came through sin and there will be no sin when we are with Him, so no more death as spoken of in scripture. Revelation speaks of the Tree of Life where their leaves are for the healing of the nation. What healing will there need to be if there is no more sickness or sin? Why have a River of Life if there is no death?

By the way, I may be old, but I can read just fine with my glasses. There is no need to increase the font. I read it very well as it was.