IGNORED

Are You a fundamentalist.........Atheist?

barnabas

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

ChadB said

You have to understand my frustration. I am not trying to be a jerk or make you feel bad. I just hope that you will feel convicted to explore the possibility of christianity. Some of you may have already. But do it again. And do so with an open heart. Remember, I don't think you are dumb or anything. Just lost. And I am not sittin' here with evil intentions. I want you to have what I have. I care.

We don't think you are trying to be a jerk. You are simply operating on what you believe to be true. Some of the things you believe about atheists are not true. This has an effect us. We can change this. We care too.

Seriously. Ask us questions.

Also do not presume that we have not opened our hearts and minds to the possibilities. Many atheists become atheists after pursuing paths in the clergy. They were certainly believers of deep convictions. And yet they changed.

BobTriez said

be prepared to have Christians defend the Name of Jesus

I didn't notice much defending of Jesus in this thread. Nor did I notice any assaults on Jesus. Should we make such an assault we would be foolish not to expect a reprise.

Of course we understand that this is a Christian board. I personally am not here to challenge your beliefs on that matter. But this thread is exactly the sort of thing that I and I suspect my fellow atheists are here for. To challenge the misinformation and misunderstanding being spread about atheists in our society.

If you want to witness and bring Jesus to us don't you think it is in your interest to really learn what we are about? To assume and conjecture in ignorance does you no good. We have an interest in being here to refute the misinformation spread about us. You can take advantage of this in finding out what makes us tick. It would be a shame not to take advantage of this opportunity.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

ChadB said

You have to understand my frustration. I am not trying to be a jerk or make you feel bad. I just hope that you will feel convicted to explore the possibility of christianity. Some of you may have already. But do it again. And do so with an open heart. Remember, I don't think you are dumb or anything. Just lost. And I am not sittin' here with evil intentions. I want you to have what I have. I care.

We don't think you are trying to be a jerk. You are simply operating on what you believe to be true. Some of the things you believe about atheists are not true. This has an effect us. We can change this. We care too.

Seriously. Ask us questions.

Also do not presume that we have not opened our hearts and minds to the possibilities. Many atheists become atheists after pursuing paths in the clergy. They were certainly believers of deep convictions. And yet they changed.

BobTriez said

be prepared to have Christians defend the Name of Jesus

I didn't notice much defending of Jesus in this thread. Nor did I notice any assaults on Jesus. Should we make such an assault we would be foolish not to expect a reprise.

Of course we understand that this is a Christian board. I personally am not here to challenge your beliefs on that matter. But this thread is exactly the sort of thing that I and I suspect my fellow atheists are here for. To challenge the misinformation and misunderstanding being spread about atheists in our society.

If you want to witness and bring Jesus to us don't you think it is in your interest to really learn what we are about? To assume and conjecture in ignorance does you no good. We have an interest in being here to refute the misinformation spread about us. You can take advantage of this in finding out what makes us tick. It would be a shame not to take advantage of this opportunity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not entering in on the discussion Az...I'm just telling you that we ( the moderators ) will be watching this thread very close. I can't expect you to understand, but we do have baby Christians to protect. I will not allow your beliefs to influence their growth in Christ. I make no apology for defending the truth nor for protecting the flock.

God bless,

Bob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you all,

We do know. Having been there ourselves at one time.

Eph

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

We know what atheists are about. Or at least some of what they are about. They don't believe in God.

They say they are visiting a christian site to inform christians about atheism. I appreciate that. I have learned a great deal

I want to take this opportunity to pray for the atheists on this board. I love you guys and hope you find Christ. Please understand that christians are people, imperfect people. Some of us get worked up and seem angry but we care.

I'm not entering in on the discussion Az...I'm just telling you that we ( the moderators ) will be watching this thread very close. I can't expect you to understand, but we do have baby Christians to protect. I will not allow your beliefs to influence their growth in Christ. I make no apology for defending the truth nor for protecting the flock.

I fully understand that. I offer you this promise. I am not here to convert anyone. I am only here to increase the peace.

Some of us get worked up and seem angry but we care.

The same is true of us. We get angry. Not out of malicious frustration. But because we believe different things. Of course you get worked up. You believe that we are walking in darkness and refusing to see the light. You believe that we are heading towards an eternity of regret.

We both care. It would be tradgedy if someone was harmed because of a misunderstanding. I am struggling to eliminate the lack of understanding about atheists that brings us such harm.

Grace to you,

I am only here to increase the peace.
:wub:

I cannot have Peace with your terms. I serve the Living Lord God. :wub:

You don't seek Peace , rather validation. This we cannot do.

Mt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Friends,

You seek Peace with Christians but it is not us you need to seek Peace with. We receive you as guests and in the physical sense we can be kind, patient, gentle and self-controlled but spiritually there is NO peace apart from Jesus Christ. So what you seek with us is not possible and primarily so because we care about you and where you will spend eternity. There is too much at stake!

Sure, some of us may fumble with our words and therefore may not express ourself eloquently but most of those who post with you do so because they love you. Regardless, as a former enemy of God, I know how one thinks. I will admit that I was different though. I just plain didn't care what others believed.

So who do we need to be at Peace with?

Romans 5

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

:emot-questioned: Sometimes atheists visit Christian boards in order to cut and paste their posts after having goaded them into vain arguments, and then they post those replies on sites that ridicule Christianity. I am not saying that all atheist do this, but I have experienced this in the past. I have no need to study atheisim by learning from one, or many. My job as a Christian is to love everyone and share Jesus Christ with them. It is not my job to convict, that is the Holy Spirits job. Becuase I am a Christian I am obligated to tell you that Jesus Christ came into the world, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified and raised from the dead and sits at the right hand of the Father this very moment in heaven. He died to save sinners and salvation is free for all. What you do with this information is up to you. But there really is no need at all for atheists to teach Christians how to witness to them, the Holy Spirit is our teacher and our guide and our comforter. In His Love, Mary (ellie)

Ellie,

Sometimes atheists visit Christian boards in order to cut and paste their posts after having goaded them into vain arguments, and then they post those replies on sites that ridicule Christianity. I am not saying that all atheist do this, but I have experienced this in the past. I have no need to study atheisim by learning from one, or many. My job as a Christian is to love everyone and share Jesus Christ with them. It is not my job to convict, that is the Holy Spirits job. Becuase I am a Christian I am obligated to tell you that Jesus Christ came into the world, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified and raised from the dead and sits at the right hand of the Father this very moment in heaven. He died to save sinners and salvation is free for all. What you do with this information is up to you. But there really is no need at all for atheists to teach Christians how to witness to them, the Holy Spirit is our teacher and our guide and our comforter. In His Love, Mary (ellie)

God Bless You. :thumbsup::emot-questioned: My point exactly. We do not need to know how to witness to them or need to be worried that the Gospel offends them. The Gospel is offensive by it's very nature.

As Wayne has stated it is not Peace with us that is the problem. It is Peace with God that needs to be adressed. We allknow the only way to that is by Grace.

Much Love dear bright and shining sister. God Loves you. He Loves them as well. :cool:

Peace,

Dave