IGNORED

Why do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?

Hansc

Amen~!

Be Blessed Beloved

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Wow. Just wow. :sad030:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

{{{ Removed quote. }}}

Still off subject Mike, but if I might add something. . . . .If someone confesses with their mouth that they are saved, why not have joy over this rather than haste and judgement? I am not saying your judging by any means but the course of this discussion is quite off hand don't you think? The bible says were united in Christ, this is supposed to be a place of fellowship and communion, to gather together in the name of our Lord. What an example we set when someone says they are saved: washed in the blood of our Savior, believing in their heart that He is the son of God made flesh, that GOD raise Him from the dead dying for our sins so that we may be saved, but welcome them with an answer that is not set upon Christ but of our OWN understanding. There is joy in Heaven over a sinner coming to Christ, there is joy in Heaven when the love that God shewed us, is in us and given, and placed upon another. Lead by example, be apart of this Joy and follow in the footsteps of Jesus! So Beloved; I ask you again, please keep to the discussion.

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits"

Proverbs 16:24 "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body"

Now think for a moment before you say something, whom am I glorifying? My own pride of the Lord my redeemer? Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer"

~Be imitators of Christ! Do not indulge yourself into self-gratification, but in all things glorify Him. ~

Philippians 2:1-30

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

18 For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

19 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.

20 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

22 But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

23 Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.

24 But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly.

25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

26 For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.

27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

29 Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:

30 Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

God bless you Mike <3 Jesus is Lord!

Edited by GoldenEagle
{{{ Removed quote as it is under review. }}}

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

ToS :Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

--Please remember to be kind. The subject is not geared towards one's salvation rather the position of why YOU believe the bible is the inerrant word of God. We ask questions to further our understanding, I ask that you please respect this. Were all learning.

God bless

Thank you Jacob. I think you bring a lot of common sense and good advice to the discussion.

Brother Mike may I suggest leaving the task of deciding if a person is being deceptive to the moderators.

They are able to do this without a host of inquisition.

ToS :Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

--Please remember to be kind. The subject is not geared towards one's salvation rather the position of why YOU believe the bible is the inerrant word of God. We ask questions to further our understanding, I ask that you please respect this. Were all learning.

God bless

Thank you Jacob. I think you bring a lot of common sense and good advice to the discussion.

Dearest,

If I might add something, just keep your eyes and ears to the Lord. As you say He is your judge, only He knows the heart. I believe you are saved by the blood of our precious Lord Jesus, and if this is true that is all that matters, you answer to Him not to Man. We tend to believe we wield the sword of judgement yet, instead of building each-other up as Christ commands we inevitably cut down people in His name, which is wrong on so very many levels. So I ask that you just ignore instead of feed. A fire cannot burn without fuel.

Stay blessed beloved <3

Oh and great Topic btw,

gdemoss

First let me state that I received your confession of faith, that Jesus is Lord, and found it to be clear.

Thank you gdemoss, yes, Jesus is my Lord. I think you have a real good spirit about you and offer some clear and insightful comments.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm on Christmas break from school and will go back in about a week. When school starts I am really busy so have a limited amount of time to discuss matters online. Because I teach in a very liberal secular university, people are often surprised that I am a Christian. Many of my fellow professors are often hostile to the Christian faith. Consequently, I am often asked to defend my belief in Christ.

Two of the most common questions I am asked are: Who is Jesus and Why do you believe the Bible is God's Word.

I posted these two questions because it is what I am most often asked.

I did want to comment a little more on the rest of your post which I thought was excellent, but I have to run. I'll be back.

To add to the discussion, the bible is the innerrant word of God for numerous reasons, (IMO) and the one that sticks out the most to me is that is does not crossover, it stands on it's own and does not need our reasoning. There is so much power in words, and the power of the words that God spoken is stronger than one can even imagine. Not only has God showed me the truths but also His word withstands, seeing the prophecy unfold and the glory and power that it gives is undeniable. God is good!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Perhaps if there is a concern over members for future reference please just report the concern. That's what the little yellow triangle is for. It's also why there is a Moderation Team. :)

Also, please keep in mind the following OneLight suggested to another member:

May I suggest one more thing, which is what I try to do when reviewing threads and posts, and even when I write my own posts.

Step back and read a post or thread as if it is the first time you are reading it,
with no preconceived idea
about what you are about to read. If you put yourself in the place of another person, you will learn the skill of truly seeing what others see. The results can lead to taking the time to reword a post to better explain the thoughts you really want to portray, or understanding a post as it was meant to be understood. When viewing words, it is profitable to realize that nobody can read our minds and we cannot read others minds, so our statements must be clear enough to stand on their own.

At the same time, the reader needs to step back and examine what is posted without a knee-jerk reaction. Many posts have been seen as an attack when they are not, others may read into a post something that is not there, while some leave important information out, focusing only on one point when the whole explanation lies within the full post.

Also a few reminders for all of us. Let us remember humility, as Believers we are heirs of God with Christ. (Phil. 2:3; 1 Pet. 5:5, Rom. 8:17) Remember we as Christians are to seek restoration with a spirit of gentleness. (Gal. 6:1) We as Christians are to be kind and tenderhearted to one another. (Eph. 5:32) We as Christians are also all WIPs (God's work in progress) and God is at work in our lives until the return of Jesus Christ. (Phil. 1:6) I know our emotions can get out of hand and I'm still working on these things myself. Or rather, I'm letting God work on my life in areas that need His attention.

Phil. 1:6

"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

God bless,

GE

To add to the discussion, the bible is the innerrant word of God for numerous reasons, (IMO) and the one that sticks out the most to me is that is does not crossover, it stands on it's own and does not need our reasoning. There is so much power in words, and the power of the words that God spoken is stronger than one can even imagine. Not only has God showed me the truths but also His word withstands, seeing the prophecy unfold and the glory and power that it gives is undeniable. God is good!

Good point, that this is your opinion. It seems that at times people take exception that this belief is a person's opinion. Not to be misunderstood, it is also my opinion that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. We share this same measured and considered opinion.

Let me expand just a touch on my position.

I believe the Word of God is alive and has an indwelling anointing. It is not just an accurate record of what was said, but an ongoing Word of God speaking to us now. If the roof on my room blew off and a host of angelic trumpets blasted and God spoke to me in an audible voice, that would no more be the voice of God, than the written Word of God.

It is my opinion, that one of the chief purposes of the written Word of God, is to reveal and unveil Jesus, the living Word of God. The written Word and living Word are connected together. Faith in the written Word of God, unveils the power of the Living Word. I treat the written Word, as if, God were audibly speaking to me from heaven.