Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

"we have alltogether abandoned God and His Word".

Well maybe the 'WE' have done this but I have not and neither have millions of others.

Yes, but Daniel and his three companions all went out in Judgement along with the rest of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Guns aren't even the issue, all this uproar just furthers the goals of the latest little dirty game the politicians are playing now.

you're right, Matthitjah, this is how we win the battle - not by power or might or even cleverly phrased words:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5:

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

we have to stand in the gap and intercede on behalf of... well, everybody else, just like Isaiah and Nehemiah did:

Isaiah 6v5:

“Woe is me, for I am undone!

Because I am a man of unclean lips,

And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;

For my eyes have seen the King,

The Lord of hosts.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

“Behold, this has touched your lips;

Your iniquity is taken away,

And your sin purged.”

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:

“Whom shall I send,

And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Nehemiah 1v5:

5 And I said: “I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You[b] and observe Your[c] commandments, 6 please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against You. Both my father’s house and I have sinned. 7 We have acted very corruptly against You, and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, nor the ordinances which You commanded Your servant Moses. 8 Remember, I pray, the word that You commanded Your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations;[d] 9 but if you return to Me, and keep My commandments and do them, though some of you were cast out to the farthest part of the heavens, yet I will gather them from there, and bring them to the place which I have chosen as a dwelling for My name.’[e]

- both acknowledged their share of the sin before God, hence addressing God in the plural first, or fourth, person: we. All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. the only way to change is to repent. think what it'll take for whole nations, for this whole world to repent. that's why the end must come. we need to go before the throne of God, to keep praying and interceding. thank You Lord Jesus for being our great high priest, and showing us how it's done.