ayin jade

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the whole study (plan to get back to it as my younguns are running about right now ) but speaking of Psalms, can anyone tell me what 'selah' means? :confused:

To Me It Means "Think On It'

But Than Again I Can't Carry A Note Nor Keep A Beat :)

or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like "stop and listen". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selah

Thank you! That's very interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I love the Psalms. They can be such a comfort in a time of need. I thank God for His protection!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Wow Jadey this was worth looking at and im sorry i didnt read it last night!!! I was sitting here thinking of how david must of felt during that trial and i could feel his pain and his worries and yet he still looked to God and i dont know about you all but our emotions can blind us to even think of seeking the Lord when we hurt etc thank you jadey for taking the time to do this i needed to see this Gbu

Will you be doing more? if so please let me know okay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Yes I will be doing more. Ive been a bit lazy the last couple of months :taped: and havent done any to post.

I do have more already in this forum. Do a search for this forum for psalm or do an advanced search for this forum for topics started by me.

ok will do and thanks girl for answering too and you work too much as it is lol but thats just my opinion '

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I have forgotten to add this to other studies Ive posted here about the psalms. It is posted in one of my studies already though. Here is my disclaimer about sources used and how I study.

I read a chapter then I go over it verse by verse. I read through commentaries etc to glean background information, rejecting what does not seem correct and keeping what does. I mix it up, add some of my own, interspersed with paragraphs from the commentaries. The commentaries and all my notes are what I post with each verse. For copyright purposes, I use the KJV since it is not copyrighted in the US, and for posting publicly, I use commentaries whose copyrights are open. When reading my study/ studies, I encourage you to use whichever version of the bible you are most comfortable with. I used the following commentaries: John Wesley's Explanatory Notes; Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge; Spurgeon's A Treasury of David; Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary; Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament; Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary; Albert Barnes Notes on the Bible; Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible; John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible and Strong's Concordance. I have read modern commentaries but have not posted from them in my public studies.