• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom Manic,

I pray whatever you seek will work for you.

but you blaspheme the word of God!

i may not follow it, but i don't blaspheme it! in neglecting part of it, you blaspheme it. neglect me, and wash your hands of me, but the whole of God's word is there, and you will be held accountable! you simply CANNOT pick and choose which parts to serve. you must serve them all.

Shalom Maniac,

Girl, what ARE you talking about? :whistling:

You have totally misinterpreted my sincere prayer for you. You mentioned you were seeking exorcism. I was referring to that.

You have gone off on me, once again, without any reason. <sigh>

I will pray for you Maniac and I pray the L-rd will help you in this battle you have.

I have reported this post to the Mods. I'm done. May G-d bless you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I would agree with Vicky on the impossibility of possession by a minion of Satan into our Spirit, which if we have faith means that demons can overpower the Holy Spirit, which of course is impossible.

But I would agree that Satan is incredibly powerful, by ourselves we would be totally overcome, and in fact we would be a fly compared to the power and might of a fallen angel. Scripture does show that demons can tempt us that they can torment us, and of course their main goal and purpose is to break our faith to accuse us to remind us of our sins and to lead us to believe that faith in Christ is not enough, to believe that Christ cannot truly forgive our sins and does not love us. This is the work of Satan; to cause us to lose faith in Christ, outside of that, Satan can have no power over us. Our power is from Christ alone, if we have faith in Christ demons can have no power over our souls.

But we do need people to take on these demons and I pray for those who are in this type of ministry. But there are also two issues going on here. The first is that indeed demon possession is real, but the second is that schizophrenia is also real, and unfortunately includes many of the things commonly associated with possession, hearing voices, being prompted to do things, paranoia, feeling that things are implanted in our bodies, etc. we must be ready to deal with both cases with compassion and discernment.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Didn't Jesus say to Peter, 'Get behind me satan!'? Well that's an example of satan actualy speaking through the saved. Though I've never hard core studied this topic before.

Didn't Jesus say to Peter, 'Get behind me satan!'? Well that's an example of satan actualy speaking through the saved. Though I've never hard core studied this topic before.

Shalom Firehill,

That's a good point, yet as I read the Scriptures, Jesus is not saying that satan is indwelling Peter, OR He would have cast satan out of His disciple! There's no way Jesus would have an Apostle who "had" a demon. What He was saying was that Peter allowed satan to cloud his spiritual eyes and Peter listened to the enemy instead of listening to the Holy Spirit.

We as Christians can choose to listen to demons, or we can choose to resist them and listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit as the Scriptures tell us to do.

However, there is nothing that indicates that Peter was indwelt by satan.

I would agree with Vickilynn on the impossibility of possession by a minion of Satan into our Spirit, which if we have faith means that demons can overpower the Holy Spirit, which of course is impossible.

But I would agree that Satan is incredibly powerful, by ourselves we would be totally overcome, and in fact we would be a fly compared to the power and might of a fallen angel. Scripture does show that demons can tempt us that they can torment us, and of course their main goal and purpose is to break our faith to accuse us to remind us of our sins and to lead us to believe that faith in Christ is not enough, to believe that Christ cannot truly forgive our sins and does not love us. This is the work of Satan; to cause us to lose faith in Christ, outside of that, Satan can have no power over us. Our power is from Christ alone, if we have faith in Christ demons can have no power over our souls.

But we do need people to take on these demons and I pray for those who are in this type of ministry. But there are also two issues going on here. The first is that indeed demon possession is real, but the second is that schizophrenia is also real, and unfortunately includes many of the things commonly associated with possession, hearing voices, being prompted to do things, paranoia, feeling that things are implanted in our bodies, etc. we must be ready to deal with both cases with compassion and discernment.

Shalom Smalcald,

:thumbsup:

Shalom Firehill,

That's a good point, yet as I read the Scriptures, Jesus is not saying that satan is indwelling Peter, OR He would have cast satan out of His disciple! There's no way Jesus would have an Apostle who "had" a demon. What He was saying was that Peter allowed satan to cloud his spiritual eyes and Peter listened to the enemy instead of listening to the Holy Spirit.

We as Christians can choose to listen to demons, or we can choose to resist them and listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit as the Scriptures tell us to do.

I agree with you so far regarding your first paragraph. I was just making a point from the top of my head about anything concerning christians and demons or satan.

I haven't studied the topic in full so i lack knowledge in this area.

There is nothing that indicates that Peter was 'indwelt' by satan except that if satan is a saved person's actual mouth piece, well I don't know what I'd call that... :thumbsup: Such is a FORM of 'possession'...if only of the 'mouth'...and for a time...

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Shalom Firehill,

I agree with you so far regarding your first paragraph. I was just making a point from the top of my head about anything concerning christians and demons or satan.

There is nothing that indicates that Peter was 'indwelt' by satan except that if satan is a saved person's actual mouth piece, well I don't know what I'd call that... :thumbsup: Such is a FORM of 'possession'...if only of the 'mouth'...and for a time...

Peter spoke out of concern and the way man would look at things, Jesus was just letting him know that if something wasn't from God and doing God's will it was from the enemy. This is just getting ludicrous now, if it wasn't already there.

Shalom Firehill,

Peter spoke out of concern and the way man would look at things, Jesus was just letting him know that if something wasn't from God and doing God's will it was from the enemy. This is just getting ludicrous now, if it wasn't already there.

According to Jesus' words Peter spoke more than just 'out of concern' as in Jesus' words, 'get behind me satan!'

Jesus didn't teach Peter right there on whether or not if somehting wasn't from God then therefore it was only from the enemy. There are three forces that exist, God, humanity, and satan, therefore things can be done out of fallen humanity and not just God or satan.

As to your ludicrous mention, I donno, I just got here to this thread and have started to interact...

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

What ever firehill, I should know better by now.

What ever firehill, I should know better by now.

What? You seem exasperated... :24:

Whatever? :thumbsup: