• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Is the casting out of demons necessary in this day and age?

Yes, I believe it is.

As the world becomes more wicked, demonic activity increases.

So, for those interested, a little Exorcism 101.

Only Christians can perform exorcisms:

Acts 19:13 describes how 7 non-Christians attempted to exorcise demons in the name of Jesus and Paul. They failed. All were attacked and beaten by the demon-controlled man who ripped their clothes off.

Commanding in the name of Jesus:

After Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, exorcisms were done in the name of Jesus. Acts 16:16 described a slave girl who was possessed. Paul exorcised a "spirit of divination" from her. He commanded the spirit to leave "in the name of Jesus." Acts 19:13 described how some itinerant Jewish exorcists attempted to exorcise a demon saying "In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." They were unsuccessful, because they were not Christian believers.

Danger in exorcism:

In Acts 19:13, the demon-possessed man exhibited superhuman strength. He turned on 7 Jewish exorcists, beat them, and expelled them from the house with their clothes ripped off. The evil spirit had recognized that the exorcists were not Christian; he refused to follow their commands.

Possession and exorcisms in the New Testament:

Numerous cases of demonic possession and exorcisms by Jesus and his disciples are reported in the Gospels and Acts. We can gather certain conclusions about the exorcism process from the Scriptures:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this old post, and I must say, this is fascinating!

Is it wrong to be obsessed with this sort of stuff? Or is it good to learn all we can?

While learning is good, there is a necessity for a balanced approach. The OP did a good job in summing up some of things I've seen and read before. I've found that the more time I spend in God's Word (the Truth), the more the Spirit can use to point out the error.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Note: A Christian can never be possessed by a demon. When the Holy Spirit enters a person, a demon cannot simultaneously possess them. But a Christian can be oppressed by demons.

I have found this to be UN true. We christians want to split hairs when it comes to the demonic realm. Christians can & DO have demons. It is not a matter of salvatio, deliverance is our BREAD and we have told Jesus "no thank you".

Chrisitians NEED deliverance... they just refuse what has been paid for.. :rolleyes:

Note: A Christian can never be possessed by a demon. When the Holy Spirit enters a person, a demon cannot simultaneously possess them. But a Christian can be oppressed by demons.

I have found this to be UN true. We christians want to split hairs when it comes to the demonic realm. Christians can & DO have demons. It is not a matter of salvatio, deliverance is our BREAD and we have told Jesus "no thank you".

Chrisitians NEED deliverance... they just refuse what has been paid for.. :emot-hug:

Wait a sec. The poster made a good point I think...If a Christian is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, why in the world would he share that space with a demon? Weren't we warned that if someone has demons driven from them, to then be filled with the Holy Ghost because they would come back with "seven others who were more wicked than the original spirit was?"

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Chrisitians NEED deliverance... they just refuse what has been paid for.. :emot-hug:

Wait a sec. The poster made a good point I think...If a Christian is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, why in the world would he share that space with a demon? Weren't we warned that if someone has demons driven from them, to then be filled with the Holy Ghost because they would come back with "seven others who were more wicked than the original spirit was?"

I post this quiet regular because it seems to be the question of the day.. It is the very lie the enemy has used for centuries to contaminate the church..

That is what most Christians believe. What we don't take into consideration is man is a three part being...

1.) spirit-which the Holy Spirit comes and reside in when we accept Jesus as Lord. The Holy Spirit then leads us in our sanctification process. Which is a process of elimination, get rid of the occupiers.

2.) mind will and emotions-this is what they manipulate and cause to manifest their kingdom.

3.) body-when the person quits/refuses to move forward in their sanctification they will be opening doors for spirits of infimity. These can or will take a believer to an early death.

Right now we are in a purging process..

In doing deliverance I have ministered to Spirit filled Christians and cast out a dozen or more at any given time. Any manifestation (action, thought) that does not represent the Kingdom of Jesus is manifesting the other.. Simple, it is still choice. We are to take captive every thought to the knowledge of Christ.. That is not a suggestion.

The door points for demons are #1 SIN. unrepented sin will keep them. #2 Unforgiveness.. tormenting demons come in. #3 generational #4 traumas (all the way from childhood) #5 offenses... there is more. Just having made a one time confession of faith does not complete the job. It is a process.. for life.

Having "demons" does not mean you are not SAVED. Don't confuse them...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Christians NEED deliverance... they just refuse what has been paid for.. :thumbs_up:

Paul makes an interesting statement in Rom. 7. He says: In me, that is in my flesh, dwells no good thing. I think we can all agree that the Holy Spirit is GOOD. No good thing dwells in the flesh. Paul tells us later that the flesh cannot please God. So where does the Holy Spirit dwell? Let me illustrate by using the temple of God, which we are to show this.

God met with man in only in the Holy of Holies. The rest of the temple is still the temple and was composed of three parts. The outer court, the holy place and the Holy of Holies. These correspond to the tripartite nature of man. Body, soul, and spirit. I think you can see that it is in the spirit where the Holy Spirit dwells. The body and the soul are not perfect. In fact they are still corrupt. The soul we are to renew by the Spirit daily. And we are to beat(not literally) our bodies/flesh and bring it under subjection daily as Paul tells us.

To carry the illustration further Jesus cleansed the temple of the money changers twice, symbolic of that which is corrupt and demonic.

Hope this helps.

LT

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Chrisitians NEED deliverance... they just refuse what has been paid for.. :thumbs_up:

Shalom Kari,

YOU are correct, the Scriptures say that the person who is saved is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will not give over to demons. Those who preach this stuff do not have Scriptural basis for their claims. The OP (the list you posted) is correct on that count, NO true Christian can be possessed by demons. Don't be fooled into thinking they can.

The flesh is the flesh, it cannot be indwelt by demons.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Chrisitians NEED deliverance... they just refuse what has been paid for.. :thumbs_up:

Shalom Kari,

YOU are correct, the Scriptures say that the person who is saved is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will not give over to demons. Those who preach this stuff do not have Scriptural basis for their claims. The OP (the list you posted) is correct on that count, NO true Christian can be possessed by demons. Don't be fooled into thinking they can.

:laugh: a voice of sanity amid the garbage being spouted!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Kari,

As to your question about it being wrong to be "obsessed" by the demonic realm, my answer is YES, I believe it is wrong. That is because in doing so, you give satan more power over you and your life than he has. You see, G-d is more powerful than satan. But when Believers focus on satan and demons, they give him more attention and more power than G-d. Don't make that mistake. We do not need "exorcists" or demon-busters, you see, Jesus has already done the work! We simply need to stand on His Word. We simply resist the enemy and refuse his lies.

I would encourage you to stick with the Bible and what it says, and do not be obsessed with learning about demons, be obsessed with learning more about G-d!! Demons are nothing. The Bible says when we resist satan, he will flee. When you give him thought, attention and time, you are not resisting him, you are entertaining him and inviting him into your life.

Please spend your time, energy and efforts in filling yourself with the truth from Scriptures and with G-d's presence and HE will take care of the demons and satan. :thumbs_up:

Shalom Kari,

As to your question about it being wrong to be "obsessed" by the demonic realm, my answer is YES, I believe it is wrong. That is because in doing so, you give satan more power over you and your life than he has. You see, G-d is more powerful than satan. But when Believers focus on satan and demons, they give him more attention and more power than G-d. Don't make that mistake. We do not need "exorcists" or demon-busters, you see, Jesus has already done the work! We simply need to stand on His Word. We simply resist the enemy and refuse his lies.

I would encourage you to stick with the Bible and what it says, and do not be obsessed with learning about demons, be obsessed with learning more about G-d!! Demons are nothing. The Bible says when we resist satan, he will flee. When you give him thought, attention and time, you are not resisting him, you are entertaining him and inviting him into your life.

Please spend your time, energy and efforts in filling yourself with the truth from Scriptures and with G-d's presence and HE will take care of the demons and satan. :thumbs_up:

Once again, very good advice! :taped: Thank-you. :laugh: