Amen to that, Joi :-)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe the Lord is trying to steer you in another direction than the one you interpreted.

Prayer may resolve the not knowing... fasting... setting out a fleece... these things have worked in the past.

But the best way to know the will of God is to learn his Word (the Bible) from his perspective (not man's). It can be done.

Here's how.

2 Peter 1:20-21 (KJV)

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 16:13 (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Ah, but how can you be certain you are hearing from the Holy Spirit?

1 John 4:1 (KJV)

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try {{ test }} the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You are not going to blaspheme or hurt his feelings by proving what you think he is saying or teaching you. It's not about his lacking anything... but about our in ability to discern the truth from untruth. A false spirit can feign to be the Holy Spirit and tell you to go to Fiji and you get wiped out by a disaster the next day.

So... how do we test the spirits?

Well, we are to prove ALL things anyway.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (KJV)

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

By the scriptures.

Acts 17:11 (KJV)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And I would say that since the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible and it is the standard for truth versus non truth... that we petition the Holy Spirit to tutor us in the Bible.

If you want to know the mind of God (specifically the "yes" you are looking for) seek out the Holy Spirit and learn to discern his voice... ever diligent to verify it with the Bible to be sure it's actually him.

1 Corinthians 2 (KJV)

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1966

Maybe the Lord is trying to steer you in another direction than the one you interpreted.

Prayer may resolve the not knowing... fasting... setting out a fleece... these things have worked in the past.

But the best way to know the will of God is to learn his Word (the Bible) from his perspective (not man's). It can be done.

Here's how.

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try {{ test }} the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You are not going to blaspheme or hurt his feelings by proving what you think he is saying or teaching you. It's not about his lacking anything... but about our in ability to discern the truth from untruth. A false spirit can feign to be the Holy Spirit and tell you to go to Fiji and you get wiped out by a disaster the next day.

By the scriptures.

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And I would say that since the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible and it is the standard for truth versus non truth... that we petition the Holy Spirit to tutor us in the Bible.

If you want to know the mind of God (specifically the "yes" you are looking for) seek out the Holy Spirit and learn to discern his voice... ever diligent to verify it with the Bible to be sure it's actually him.

1 Corinthians 2 (KJV)

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Here's how.

By the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 2 (KJV)

Here's how.

By the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 2 (KJV)

I truly needed this, JohnDB. God truly hears whats in my heart right now. I know that praying and fasting is what I need for this is a very personal moment with me and God. I will be using all of these as my guide for I did ask Him how. He answered me through you. Oh, I am really blessed. Truly, God works mysteriously and does answer. He is in control with everything that is happening to me since I finally lifted everything to Him. As I mentioned before, it had been confusing, its seems its a Yes, and it seems its a No. Prayer and Fasting is what I want to fully hear without distractions or confusions. Again, Thank you. Thank you. :-

In one voice and heart, Gary - I echo this with you. Thank you. God is molding me now and I know that His Way is the only Way. I know now that no matter how much I do things with my best, it is nothing compared to what He will make of me. He truly loves me because He uses His angels like you and everybody here in Worthy to keep my heart and spirit in focus to where He wants me to be. Thank you very very much.

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Psalms 139:23

The journey starts now. I am ready to face the challenges in store ahead for I know that my Lord is with me. Thank you God that you always hears me and knows what is in my heart. Thank you, God for teaching me to pray. Thank you, God that you are now placing the things in Your heart to mine as well. Thank you, God for giving me the spirit of obedience. And most of all, Thank you for your stubborn Love that still loves me unconditionally in spite of my sins.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

And I shall be because my God is with me.

In Jesus name, I pray....Amen