amazedbyhislove

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

The issue of nourishing has been introduced into this thread, and I think it is a very valid one, but it should not override the wonderful news that young people are choosing Jesus Christ.

A newborn Christian is like any newborn, without nurturing and care by mature loving people, they also will not survive, or likely will not.

If in the world someone went around having babies and then moving on to other places to have more babies, we certainly would not think that is a good practice, and in the church we need those that do the hard work (but also very rewarding work) of "parenting".

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Regarding their ages....there was a girl that was about 12 years old and a boy about 11 that prayed to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. They said they attended chuch (they just were not saved) so that is why I told them to tell their own parents & pastors. I had a clipboard prepared in case their appeared to be one we could further minister to. It is possible I should have got their names to contact their pastors myself. It is the first time I have done this.

The girl who seemed very close is about 10 years old and will talk more with a lady church member is very dear and is her neighbor.

The boy who I was not sure about was about 8 or 9. He seemed to be under conviction and continued to pray with his head bowed after a group prayer.

I was very careful with the younger ones to present things in a way a felt the Holy Spirit leading me to. I did not want any to make decisions they did not understand.

Edited by amazedbyhislove

Another Traveler,

There is a lot of kids I do follow-up with. I bring about 12-13 kids to church on Wednesday nights and also teach Sunday School. I try to encourage others, also.

I am do my best in all I do to continue to Shepherd but there is not much that can be done if the kids already attend church of another similiar denomination besides possibly contact their pastors.

I prayed about whether to offer a kids new Christian class in case there were decisions but did not feel Him leading me to advertise this at the fall festival. (at least this first year that I did this) And it just so happens the kids that accepted Jesus already had churches.

Tracey

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I applaud your efforts amazedbyhislove, the point I was making is not that you need to do more, but there are many that do very little that could be a blessing if they realized how important their effort could be.

A lot of us have been conditioned to come to church, listen, pray, give, sing, worship, and go home. The body ministry is needed. No pastor, no matter how talented, is enough to do it all, and he should never be expected to do it all.

Sick in the hospital? The same Jesus that lives in your pastor lives in you, go visit, or pray, or whatever the Lord says to do, do.

I am not critizing your labors, amazedbyhislove, I mean to say that we also need to join you in the fields of harvest, and to assist in the encouragement, instruction, and protection of the new believers.

Sorry........I was that type of Christian for a number of years and I feel so guilty, I wish I could do more......but I find peace in knowing as long as I do daily what He leads me to, I am being obedient...

Realizing what He did for me on the cross, I wish I could do such much more. But as long as I am obedient daily, step by step, dependent on Him, I am doing all I can.

God bless you and I am sorry for taking it wrong.

I wonder, too, sometimes about nourishing the new babies. God gives different gifts to different people............if there were more people to follow-up if a person with the gift of evangelism leads a bunch to the Lord, it sure would help in discipleship if others would mentor some.........

I would like for some type of mentoring/encouragement/discipleship thing to get going someday for new believers and for kids who come without parents.

Edited by amazedbyhislove

Bad biker,

It is truly awesome what God did at the Judgement House at your church! Praise the Lord!

I wish we had evangelistic events more often and also that the follow-up was available.

Tracey