• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

The universe is such that it was almost waiting for us. Not my quote

Can we really say that given the almost infinitesimal amount of space in the universe that we can inhabit?  it makes more sense to say that we adapted/evolved to fill the tiny space that we could. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Hey it wasn't me. It was another physicist commenting on the implications of the anthropic principle.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1962

I'd like you to explain your understanding of evolution. That would tell me a lot about how much I should value your opinion on the topic.

John

Edited by Bronzesnake

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1962

Tell you what Jerry.

I'll make it easy for you, and I'll explain the different meanings of evolution, then you can try and either deny these are part of evolution, or, you will explain how each happened in the first time.

1) COSMIC EVOLUTION                                -    The origin of time, space, and matter

2) CHEMICLE EVOLUTION                            -    The origin of higher elements from hydrogen

3) STELLAR AND PLANETARY EVOLITION -    The origin of stars and planets

4) ORGANIC EVOLUTION                              -   The origin of life from non life

5) MACRO EVOLUTION                                 -    Changing from one animal into another

6) MICRO EVOLUTION                                  -     Variations from kinds

No one disputes #6 there are variations within a kind. There are over 200 variations of dogs fro example.

No one has ever seen a dog produce any other than a dog. The same for every animal. Each kind of animal produces it's same kind.

So, there you go Jerry, have at it brother. The first five on this list are purely religious - no one has ever observed them.

I hear some people say, "well, what about the star nursery then? we can see stars forming"  No you can't! What you see is something in the sky getting brighter, it could be the dust clearing away and there's a star behind it. 

Anyway, I'll wait to see what you think about evolution before I even begin to value your opinions.

John

Words Of Life

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

~

....you don't know much about evolution.....

....How about you tell us what evolution says....

:thumbsup:

Well Jerry, What Evolution Has To Say Will Clearly

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"? Isaiah 29:16 (NLT)

Show It Is Void Of Life And Knowledge

The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Job 33:4

So Why Should Some Fellow

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. Psalms 119:99

Bow Down To Ignorance

But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward. Jeremiah 7:24

When He Can

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Know Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

See....

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

~

PS: Beloved Jerry We Are Not Here To Kowtow To Pagan Scientism

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

But To Share The Mighty LORD Jesus

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

With Unbelievers

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:10-12

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

The universe is such that it was almost waiting for us. Not my quote

:thumbsup:

For this is what the LORD says-- he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-- he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other. Isaiah 45:18 (NIV)

Not My Quote

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Hi Jerry.

I find your comment very ironic. you accuse me of not understanding anything about evolution, but you offered nothing to corroborate it at all.

take care.

John

I asked you to explain your understanding of evolution.  That would tell me a lot about how much I should value your opinon of the topic. Your post and my experience with creationists leads me to believe they have not delved deeply into the topic.  Could you give me some bullets on what you think the theory of evoulution espouses?  That would give us a starting point for debate.

If you know the creationist have less knowledge than you on this subject why are you here debating with them?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Tell you what Jerry.

I'll make it easy for you, and I'll explain the different meanings of evolution, then you can try and either deny these are part of evolution, or, you will explain how each happened in the first time.

1) COSMIC EVOLUTION                                -    The origin of time, space, and matter

2) CHEMICLE EVOLUTION                            -    The origin of higher elements from hydrogen

4) ORGANIC EVOLUTION                              -   The origin of life from non life

5) MACRO EVOLUTION                                 -    Changing from one animal into another

6) MICRO EVOLUTION                                  -     Variations from kinds

No one disputes #6 there are variations within a kind. There are over 200 variations of dogs fro example.

No one has ever seen a dog produce any other than a dog. The same for every animal. Each kind of animal produces it's same kind.

So, there you go Jerry, have at it brother. The first five on this list are purely religious - no one has ever observed them.

I hear some people say, "well, what about the star nursery then? we can see stars forming"  No you can't! What you see is something in the sky getting brighter, it could be the dust clearing away and there's a star behind it. 

Anyway, I'll wait to see what you think about evolution before I even begin to value your opinions.

John

How about we stick to biological evolution?  In biological evolution, 5 and 6 are one and the same.  Now, could you kindly describe how you think that scientist describe biological evolution.

Thanks - if we go off on too many tangents, it gets to be a mess.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

===========================================================================

1) COSMIC EVOLUTION                                -    The origin of time, space, and matter

2) CHEMICLE EVOLUTION                            -    The origin of higher elements from hydrogen

4) ORGANIC EVOLUTION                              -   The origin of life from non life

6) MICRO EVOLUTION                                  -     Variations from kinds

How about we stick to biological evolution?  In biological evolution, 5 and 6 are one and the same.

Equivocation (Fallacy): since 1980 @ the very least....

Chicago Field Museum of Natural History Conference on 'Macroevolution'....

"The central question of the Chicago conference was whether the mechanisms underlying microevolution can be extrapolated to explain the phenomena of macroevolution.  At the risk of doing violence to the positions of some of the people at the meeting, the answer can be given as a clear, No."

Roger Lewin PhD, Science(Vol.201(4472):883-887,1980.

Moreover:

‘General Theory of Evolution’, defined by the evolutionist Kerkut as ‘the theory that all the living forms in the world have arisen from a single source which itself came from an inorganic form.’

Kerkut, G.A., Implications of Evolution, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, p. 157, 1960.

So, Please....

DNA/RNA/"Functional Proteins" NEVER spontaneously form "naturally", outside already existing cells, from nucleotides and aminos, respectively.

It's Physically and Chemically IMPOSSIBLE.

That's just the Hardware!

DNA "CODE"/Software------------------Design(Intelligence)--------------------Designer!

To refute:

1. Prove that the Genetic CODE is not....."CODE"/Software. OR....

2. Prove that Atoms/Molecules have Sentience and Intelligence.

if we go off on too many tangents, it gets to be a mess.

I agree, especially for your position....you have "quite enough"---See Above,  with just "Biological"