Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Right, though honestly it's been more than a couple days. Sometimes this issue comes up and I re-ponder it all. Now there are other reasons I think I will wait to worry about it.

Sorry meant two years not two days. My bad. Corrected this...

Do we have to prove that we are saved through works or following commandments such as baptism? Is salvation something we do of our own strength or is it God acting in our lives?

Curious. Are you saying if someone doesn't get baptized they don't love God?

See this discussion:

You have to prove that you love God.

We know what Jesus said "If you love me keep my commandments"

Why would you not keep what he says to do ? Once you know the commandment you are not required to do them ?

Why would you want to disobey ?

Are you judged by another person's salvation or by what you understand in Jesus's commandments ?

Please clarify what you mean “You have to prove that you love God.” To what purpose?

Understand I believe people should be baptized after salvation through immersion. But I don’t believe there is any Scriptural basis for saying that if someone isn’t baptized and they die they will not have eternal life.

Example: My wife’s grandmother is nearly 96. Let’s say that she isn’t saved but 10 minutes before she dies she accepts Jesus as her Lord and Savior. She has no time to do good works or get baptized. Would she in this case have eternal life with God through Jesus Christ?

So I ask again...

Is salvation something we do of our own strength or something God does through His Holy Spirit?

Also is there anything we can do to earn salvation?

If someone doesn’t get baptized are you saying they do not love God? How do you know what is in another person’s heart?

Good discussion. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

One reason why it is: "He who repents AND is baptized shall be saved."---JESUS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

All that is kinda up to God. Saved by Faith not by works. If it is possible to get baptized then do it in obedience.If a person calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in the final moments of their life,,, I would say speaking for myself they are saved but that is certainly not my call to make away. I am not the Harvester! Like way above my pay grade to make a call like that anyway. If I got the opportunity to share with them in the last moments of their life about Jesus Christ and in their last breath they called out to Jesus to save them. I believe all the angels would be rejoicing!

Jude22kjv

Edited by jude22kjv

One reason why it is: "He who repents AND is baptized shall be saved."---JESUS

Guess the thief on the cross wasn't saved after all, since he was never baptized.

The thief next to Jesus is evidence enough that baptism isn't required for salvation. However, we are told to imitate Christ.

He was baptized. :D

Emulation, yes. Requirement, no. Then you would be saved by faith + works. Baptism is a "proof," a "check" if you will. Christians will want and feel the need to be baptized. But salvation is not dependent on it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Do we have to prove that we are saved through works or following commandments such as baptism? Is salvation something we do of our own strength or is it God acting in our lives?

Curious. Are you saying if someone doesn't get baptized they don't love God?

See this discussion:

You have to prove that you love God.

We know what Jesus said "If you love me keep my commandments"

Why would you not keep what he says to do ? Once you know the commandment you are not required to do them ?

Why would you want to disobey ?

Are you judged by another person's salvation or by what you understand in Jesus's commandments ?

Please clarify what you mean “You have to prove that you love God.” To what purpose?

Understand I believe people should be baptized after salvation through immersion. But I don’t believe there is any Scriptural basis for saying that if someone isn’t baptized and they die they will not have eternal life.

Example: My wife’s grandmother is nearly 96. Let’s say that she isn’t saved but 10 minutes before she dies she accepts Jesus as her Lord and Savior. She has no time to do good works or get baptized. Would she in this case have eternal life with God through Jesus Christ?

So I ask again...

Is salvation something we do of our own strength or something God does through His Holy Spirit?

Also is there anything we can do to earn salvation?

If someone doesn’t get baptized are you saying they do not love God? How do you know what is in another person’s heart?

God bless,

GE

Should a person while they have the ablility of time to do the will of God, Do it ?

Much known much required

Love for God, you would do as he says to do.

What ever you know to do, I think that you must do and not judge yourself with someone's else salvation in what they understood to do or capable of doing.

Do you think that God take people to heaven that don't love him but they just believe that he is God ?

Obedient to God shows our love for him.

The 96 year old grandmother did what she was able to do at that time. And she would not be lost forever.

Don't judge your baptism with her salvation, you are judged for being able to do with you own time.

What I am saying you must do that which you are capable of doing, what Jesus requires of you and don't judge yourself with others people salvation.

We are to measure up to Jesus's plan of salvation as a bundle, not on just one sentence, put it all together and do what Jesus is giving you and prove your love to do him as you do them.

If you know to be baptize then that is require of you. If you don't do it delibertly, then you rejected his ways.

You be could as Paul says it a castaway.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway

1 Cor 9:26-27 (KJV)

Its better to be faithful to the faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Don't judge your baptism with her salvation, you are judged for being able to do with you own time.

So, some are saved with baptism, and some are saved without it?

You need to stop contradicting yourself.

What of those in the Bible that I posted that were saved without baptism, and indeed had the time to do it? Whom the Bible stated were saved the moment they believed?

If baptism is required for salvation, as you claim, then it's required in every single case without exception.

You can't cherry pick.

Should a person while they have the ablility of time to do the will of God, Do it ?

What ever you know to do, I think that you must do and not judge yourself with someone's else salvation in what they understood to do or capable of doing.

Do you think that God take people to heaven that don't love him but they just believe that he is God ?

<snip>

If you know to be baptize then that is require of you. If you don't do it delibertly, then you rejected his ways.

I believe that if a person knows what God's will is they should try to follow his commandments. Out of love not out of duty. However, God doesn't love us less or more if we obey Him. God's love doesn't change would you agree? God's love doesn't depend on our actions or lack thereof? See passages below.

Mal. 3:6

For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Heb. 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

2 Tim. 2:13

If we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

Each person's walk with God is unique in the sense that God loves us right where we are. Some people are at varying degrees of understanding regarding God. Yet God is faithful and working in the lives of each of us. God is faithful to complete the work he started in us. (Phil 1:6 and 1 Thess. 5:24) Also 1 John 3:9 talks about habitual sinning. God is patient towards us. (2 Pet. 3:9)

Phil. 1:6

And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

1 John 3:9

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

2 Pet. 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

1 Thess. 5:23-24

23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

Underlined are you implying there is more than one salvation method? Is Jesus the only way? Curious.

Personally, I think this comment in bold is a bit legalistic.

Just my opinion. See this thread: You May Have Legalism (And Not Even Know It) In Your Life…

Some people are saved and baptized years later. Some people are saved and baptized emmidiately. Baptism like circumcision is a matter of the heart and the attitude one takes. Baptism is just a step in following Jesus's example - it doesn't save or make one more holy in God's eyes.

God bless,

GE