Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

It could mean he lost the support of his wife, and became estranged from her. After all, she's not mentioned at the end of the story when Job's fortunes, and family, are restored.

Yes, that's plausible! After she said what she said God might have shortened her life.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm sure some of you are thinking, what difference does it make where Heaven is? I'll be the 1st to admit that in terms of salvation it doesn't matter.

But if you would all just humor me a bit, I'll tell you why it may matter (although not to salvation) but rather to answer people who like to use the idea of God drives a flying saucer, as a way to disprove God. I read that book in my early 20's and the ideas presented in it kept me away from God for too many more years. But let's continue humoring me.

So far we are supposing that some where out in space is an area we call God's Heaven. Everyone who lives there is immortal, that would be Jesus, God and the angels and perhaps some of the saints. But let's go one step further, and let us assume that what we call the laws of physics don't apply in God's Heaven. Let's assume this is by design of God. If this be the case, then when the angels, good and bad ones, come to Earth, they need to use machines because in our little area of the cosmos, different physical laws apply.

Some of you are probably still saying so what. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's in the book of Ezekiel where he describes a vehicle that angels used to bring him a message. I forget where it is, but some where in Ezekiel he describes something that sounds like a machine. And we assume God and His angels can travel here without machines. That's fine, but then what is the thing Ezekiel described?

I don't like the fact that atheists are saying because angels needed machines to come to Earth, they weren't angels at all, but rather mortal aliens. But if we assume there are different physical laws in God's area of the Heavens, then that can explain why angels needed machines to come to Earth. Although once here, they still retain their angelic abilities of being able to become invisible or visible at will.

And this is why I think this is important.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I'm sure some of you are thinking, what difference does it make where Heaven is? I'll be the 1st to admit that in terms of salvation it doesn't matter.

But if you would all just humor me a bit, I'll tell you why it may matter (although not to salvation) but rather to answer people who like to use the idea of God drives a flying saucer, as a way to disprove God. I read that book in my early 20's and the ideas presented in it kept me away from God for too many more years. But let's continue humoring me.

So far we are supposing that some where out in space is an area we call God's Heaven. Everyone who lives there is immortal, that would be Jesus, God and the angels and perhaps some of the saints. But let's go one step further, and let us assume that what we call the laws of physics don't apply in God's Heaven. Let's assume this is by design of God. If this be the case, then when the angels, good and bad ones, come to Earth, they need to use machines because in our little area of the cosmos, different physical laws apply.

Some of you are probably still saying so what. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's in the book of Ezekiel where he describes a vehicle that angels used to bring him a message. I forget where it is, but some where in Ezekiel he describes something that sounds like a machine. And we assume God and His angels can travel here without machines. That's fine, but then what is the thing Ezekiel described?

I don't like the fact that atheists are saying because angels needed machines to come to Earth, they weren't angels at all, but rather mortal aliens. But if we assume there are different physical laws in God's area of the Heavens, then that can explain why angels needed machines to come to Earth. Although once here, they still retain their angelic abilities of being able to become invisible or visible at will.

And this is why I think this is important.

What is described in Ezekiel was a creature, not a machine. He even says the "wheels" had "eyes all around."

Either way, God has used objects for symbolism. Jacob's ladder, for example. Even when actual objects are used, such as the "flaming chariot" that took Elijah to heaven, it doesn't mean God (or angels for that matter) are dependent upon them.

Jesus and the redeemed will come back riding horses. Again, it doesn't mean Jesus needs a horse to come back - God is just cool like that! :biggrin2:

I don't believe Jesus is coming back on a horse, nor will the angels be on horses. I think God said horses because that was what people in that day understood.

I have an alternative theory for that thing in Ezekiel but it's more far fetched than a machine. It's an angel that looks like a machine that holds angels that look human, and it carries them through space.

You see, my problem is we have no proof or evidence that other dimensions exist. And I've been waiting all my life for proof and there isn't any. It's like waiting for proof of evolution, there isn't any. But we have lots of proof the universe is endless, and where evolution is anti Bible, my theory is pro Bible.

It's just that all of us, regardless of age, were taught heaven is another dimension. And no thanks to Star Trek, we think all life in space is mortal.

My ideas are radical, I admit that. But Jimmy Swaggart also once referred to Heaven as planet Heaven. That was about 30 years ago. And like I said, the men who wrote the Bible called Space the Heavens. What's more, after Jesus resurrected he did vanish a few times, and reappeared else where. But when He left Earth permanently, he went up into the sky. And 2 angels standing nearby said He'd return the way He left. I say that means from the sky.

I really don't expect you to believe me right away. I just hope you will consider it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

2 Corinthians 12:2

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

This gives me plenty of food for thought!

And speaking of that. There was a preacher in our time who said almost exactly the same things. He saw a bunch of things while in Heaven and shared a few. But the main thing Jesus took him to see Jesus told him he couldn't tell us. He said maybe someday Jesus will change His mind and he'll write another book just to tell us. But alas, it was not for all of us to know because Jesus took that preacher home in 2004.

It just proves there are a lot more things to know than what we do know. And so long as it doesn't deny that Jesus is, was, and always will be part of God, I'll listen to it and think about it.