IGNORED

Guns, gun control, violence, statistics, U.S. vs U.K.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I hadnt gotten 20 minutes to sit down and watch the debate till today, hence the long time in my reply. Piers Morgan had a lot of problems with his argument, the most annoying was just not letting the other guy speak. (typical rule for liberals, if the other guys saying the truth, dont let him say it) but other issues, you brought it up, was the 100 rounds a minute firing rate, which is actually a lie. I mean maybe, if you had a 100 round mag, and you just sat there and pulled the trigger, you might get that many off, but if you want to maintain any kind of accuracy whatsoever, your looking at around 45-50 rounds a minute, and most of your AR-15s, especially your lower grade ones, you can only fire 12-15 rounds quickly before having to let the barrel cool, otherwise it gets to hot, and you have no accuracy whatsoever and you risk damaging the gun. To get the 100+ rounds a minute you would have to have the military model-which, with the full auto (and not taking into count reloads) can cycle through 800 a minute, but those are illegal to the civilian market.

As far as the practicalitys of AR-15s, for the protection of the second amendment, and the ability to form a militia, that right there makes them a practical reason to own one. But they also make effective riot control weapons (yes, they have even been used in the US, by US civilians, to protect their own homes and families against riots) and the AR-15 makes a great hunting weapon, especially for deer and the like. The gun is light, easy to transport, easy to aim, is very accurate, and when using good expanding point bullets, has decent range and can take down a good sized deer or antelope at range, without taking out the meat.

I might like to add, I also like how morgan ignored all the times where a incident didnt turn into a mass murder due to someone being there to shoot back.

I might like to add, I also like how morgan ignored all the times where a incident didnt turn into a mass murder due to someone being there to shoot back.

Yeah, that was pathetic, he asks for just on time when an armed person ever prevented a mass murder, or something like that, and Mr. Swan rightly pointed out that Piers was guilty of circular reasoning in that if an armed citizen prevented a mass murder, no one would ever know, precisely BECAUSE it was prevented, lol

Guest ninhao

Yeah, that was pathetic, he asks for just on time when an armed person ever prevented a mass murder, or something like that, and Mr. Swan rightly pointed out that Piers was guilty of circular reasoning in that if an armed citizen prevented a mass murder, no one would ever know, precisely BECAUSE it was prevented, lol

Not necessarily imo. When a citizen stops an armed assailant it usually makes the news.

not usually nin. Local news maybe, but its rare that it makes national. Name the last time an innocent man with a gun, stopped another gun man, that hit national news, not local? im talking national like CNN, FOX, NSNBC, etc.

Guest ninhao

I am speaking from an Australian perspective where gun violence is far lower. Any citizen who thwarts a crime or resists a crook is reported by most all national news media.

yes, but how many of those australians, who thwarted a crime, thwarted it with a gun, and did they get reported for stopping the crime-or for breaking australian gun laws. However, the discussion here, is about american gun laws.

Guest ninhao

Very few Australians thwarted crime with a gun mostly because very few crimes are commited with a gun in australia and gun ownership is relatively low. The Police are mostly responsible when a gun crime is thwarted.

And yes I know almost every gun discussion on this forum is American I stick my nose in occassionally when I am bored :D

I can certainly get into australian gun violence, but thats another topic. So I wont. :D

Guest ninhao

Yes of course and to be consistent occassionally I can get into USA gun violence when Americans incorrectly cite Australian statistics :)