• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 Corinthians 5

1 ΒΆ On the whole it is reported that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not even named among the nations, so as one to have his father's wife.

2 And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, so that he who has done this deed may be taken from your midst.

3 For as being absent in body but present in spirit, I indeed have judged already as though I were present concerning him who worked out this thing;

4 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, with my spirit; also, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ;

5 to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

The Victory Belongs To The LORD

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

~

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell. Obviously it is the salvic positional status of the person which does this.....

Dear Brother It Is In The Salvic Uniqueness of The LORD Jesus Christ

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12

That We Find The Only Way Given Under Heaven

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

To Bankrupt Our Wages

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Of Sin

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:25-26

~

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written,

Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57

The

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; Romans 3:23-25

Law

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:26-28

Of Love

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~

Therefore IMHO, no logical discrepancy as all habitually unrepentant sin results in spiritual death.

Jesus~!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Don't Leave Earth Without HIM

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Guest ninhao

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell. Obviously it is the salvic positional status of the person which does this.

Actually it is sin that condemns. Mankind is condemned by sin. It is our salvic positional status that saves us.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hello AyinJade,

The subject Omegaman and I are discussing is " sin against an infinite God deserves infinite punishment" ( or words to that effect )

How does the wages of sin bringing death relate to infinite punishment ; are you saying death is infinite or possibly, as some say, it has infinite implications?

Guest ninhao

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

~

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell. Obviously it is the salvic positional status of the person which does this.....

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

To Bankrupt Our Wages

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Of Sin

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:25-26

~

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written,

Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57

Yes FresnoeJoe indeed it is. I am baffled why you would think otherwise.

Guest ninhao

ninhao

There still remains the problem, though that the believer still sins. If the argument is that the sin sends the person to hell then why does this cease to be the case after salvation? We know sin no longer sends a person to hell after salvation unless you suggest it does as some on this site claim. If sin doesn't send the believer to hell then logically neither does it send the non believer to hell unless we are somehow immune.

This is in fact, problem-less. . . . We are saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8) and where God's grace abounds we have "coverage" (Ephesians 4:7) not to practice lawlessness (1 John 3:4) but to do our "best" not to sin- but if we do sin, we are forgiven. (Proverbs 28:13) It is unrepentant sin that sends us to hell (1 John 1:7-9) Christ abolishes that enslavement when He becomes our accepted Lord and Savior.

Romans 8:1

"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus"

There is no condemnation for those who are in CHRIST- for He set us apart from sin and set the captives (us) free! The placement of putting believers and unbelievers in the same "category" is where you will get mixed up. We are saved by Grace- an unbeliever is not. Gods grace sets us apart from our sin and where His grace abounds it overcomes the sin. Ephesians 1:5-12, and 2:1-10 depicts this God given grace.

Hello Jacob,

To be clear I do not suggest sin sends a believer to hell. My argument has been it is the salvic position ( and for clarity this is granted by the grace of God ) of a person which decides their fate.

I agree with your summation above.

~

To Bankrupt Our Wages

Of Sin

~

Yes FresnoJoe indeed it is. I am baffled why you would think otherwise...

What's The Baffle

For Death Is The Curse

And Our Sins Are The Cause

And The Blood Of Jesus Is The Cure

And Beloved Why Would One Believe And Teach Otherwise?

Baffling Indeed......

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell....

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their work.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:13-15

Guest ninhao

What's The Baffle

For Death Is The Curse

And Our Sins Are The Cause

And The Blood Of Jesus Is The Cure

And Beloved Why Would Yne Believe And Teach Otherwise?

Baffling Indeed......

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell....

Ah ok FresnoJoe . :)

You must also believe death = infinite punishment.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I guess anything is possible, when you take a philosophical look at Hell instead of Biblical examination of hell.