A Philosophical Look at Hell

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell. Obviously it is the salvic positional status of the person which does this.

Actually it is sin that condemns. Mankind is condemned by sin. It is our salvic positional status that saves us.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hello AyinJade,

The subject Omegaman and I are discussing is " sin against an infinite God deserves infinite punishment" ( or words to that effect )

How does the wages of sin bringing death relate to infinite punishment ; are you saying death is infinite or possibly, as some say, it has infinite implications?

I was responding to the specific thing I quoted from you.

Guest ninhao

I was responding to the specific thing I quoted from you.

Yes AyinJade I realise this. Your response wasn't in context with the discussion though.

What's The Baffle

For Death Is The Curse

And Our Sins Are The Cause

And The Blood Of Jesus Is The Cure

And Beloved Why Would One Believe And Teach Otherwise?

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Baffling Indeed......

Here lies the fault of your claim that it is sin which sends people to hell....

Ah ok FresnoJoe. :)

You must also believe death = infinite punishment....

Beloved What Would I A Mere Mortal Man Know Of Heaven And Hell

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

Except What My LORD

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

And My God

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:40-41

Tells Me

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:10-11

After All Beloved If I And All Men Be Liars, Would God Lie?

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:3-4

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest ninhao

To be clear FresnoJoe do you say "the wages of sin is death" is equal to "the wages of sin is infinite punishment in hell ".

For my own clarity of your position.

To be clear FresnoJoe do you say "the wages of sin is death" is equal to "the wages of sin is infinite punishment in hell ".

For my own clarity of your position....

My

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

Position Is

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:40-41

Jesus Is The Truth Talker

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:10-11

And That Men Lie

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6

~

And Beloved, Just To Clarify And To Correct My Understanding

Of Your Respect For God And For His Holy Word (Or No)

What Is Your Position On The Veracity Of Jesus

And Do You Agree With His Position

On Eternal Hell?

Is It Truly Eternal Never Ending Torment As The LORD Jesus Says?

Or Is It Just A Little Something That Men May Mock And Blow Their Noses At?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

And While We Are Asking Questions Of Each Other, Do You Believe

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

In The LORD Jesus Of The Bible

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

The Almighty One, The Lord Of Armies

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

And The Creator Of All We See

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Who Do You Worship?

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Guest ninhao

Ok FresnoJoe I'll take that as a yes.

My position on hell is found in post

I have no solid position about the eternity of hell at this stage but as you will be aware there are many arguments which revolve around "eternal" and "forever and forever" which is another topic I won't address now. Actually I have finished assessing the subject of eternal hell many years ago and am waiting on new and more relevant data to reassess it.

OK FresnoJoe I'll take that as a yes.

My position on hell is found in post

I have no solid position about the eternity of hell at this stage but as you will be aware there are many arguments which revolve around "eternal" and "forever and forever" which is another topic I won't address now. Actually I have finished assessing the subject of eternal hell many years ago and am waiting on new and more relevant data to reassess it....

Beloved

I Am Still Waiting

For Your Take On The Words Of Jesus

And Whither You Will Believe In Him And In His Word

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Luke 21:33

Or Not

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

OOO Red feels like shes done homework reading all pages of this topic lol and one thing stood out besides the Lords words ok and gotta give omie props for it lol Logic isnt the best tool-revelation is and i agree there i think youre over thinking this n dude but i did so enjoyed this debate thank you Guys and Gbu

Edited by RedMomma

Guest ninhao

Beloved

I Am Still Waiting

Or Not

Ok FresnoJoe thank you for your input.

Beloved

I Am Still Waiting

Or Not

Ok FresnoJoe thank you for your input.

:cowboy:

Still Waiting

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:15

~

As It May Appear

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4

Dear One Are You A Bible Mocker

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 13:31

And What Part If Any Of The Holy Bible Do You (Pick And) Choose To Believe

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. Luke 10:21