IGNORED

A Philosophical Look at Hell

Guest ninhao

Joe apologized, you rejected his apology. That is my point.

You have not been privy to the fulness of the situation it seems.

May you address the questions I asked you in post # 89 please for my peace of mind. :)

:emot-heartbeat:

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Joe apologized, you rejected his apology. That is my point.

You have not been privy to the fulness of the situation it seems.

May you address the questions I asked you in post # 89 please for my peace of mind. :)

Jesus said to forgive a person 70 times 7, yet when Joe apologized, you rejected it the first time. That is all I need to know about this situation. Details mean nothing when someone asks for forgiveness. Either your heart is right or it is not. That is between you and God.

As for post 89, that is my post, not yours, and I did answer your questions in post 90.

Guest ninhao

Jesus said to forgive a person 70 times 7, yet when Joe apologized, you rejected it the first time. That is all I need to know about this situation. Details mean nothing when someone asks for forgiveness. Either your heart is right or it is not. That is between you and God.

As for post 89, that is my post, not yours, and I did answer your questions in post 90.

You do not understand that the apology was not addressing the issue. If you are not privy to the issue concerning the ANZACS perhaps you shouldn't make judgements of an others heart.

I now accept FresnoJoe is repentant and accept his apology.

Luk 17:3-4 KJV Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. (4) And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Repentance was requested and appears to be given.

Post is mine and contains questions which i would like you to answer. Post #90 is FresnoJoes not yours.

You do not understand that the apology was not addressing the issue. If you are not privy to the issue concerning the ANZACS perhaps you shouldn't make judgements of an others heart.

I now accept FresnoJoe is repentant and accept his apology.

Luk 17:3-4 KJV Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. (4) And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Repentance was requested and appears to be given.

I understand what an apology is. Perhaps you should become familiar with what forgiveness is. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt, but that is all part of learning how to forgive. If there was no wrong, there would be nothing to forgive. Most of the time, when someone do snot forgive, they have pride issues they need to deal with before they can. The rest of the time is because they know the person did not mean what they said. Knowing Joe for many years, when he apologies, he means it.

#89 is mine and contains questions which i would like you to answer. Post #90 is FresnoJoes not yours.

Strange enough, but when you click th e"#89" above, it goes to #90, which is yours. Here is a screen shot of post 89.

Post89_zps6070f7f4.png

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

When I click on the link to 89 it goes to a post by nlnhao, numbered 89. It does this when I browse without logging in too. The most recent post at the time of posting is 97, so I expect mine will appear as 98. I wonder whether the database numbers them differently when you're a mod.

Guest ninhao

I understand what an apology is. Perhaps you should become familiar with what forgiveness is. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt, but that is all part of learning how to forgive. If there was no wrong, there would be nothing to forgive. Most of the time, when someone do snot forgive, they have pride issues they need to deal with before they can. The rest of the time is because they know the person did not mean what they said. Knowing Joe for many years, when he apologies, he means it.

I will explain further where you are not privy. In post #82 FresnoJoe apologized ( not the apology for a flippant comment concerning my regard for the works of the ANZACS ). FresnoJoe was apologizing for not being clear about hell in the scriptures ( which wasn't an apology for wrong doing. ) . My request for repentance from FresnoJoe was concerning the disrespect given concerning my regard for the works of the ANZACs ). You have called into question my ability to forgive and that is ok considering you don't understand the issue which required forgiveness. In Australia we have little tolerance for anyone who questions our love and full support of our beloved ANZACS.

I have no doubt when FresnoJoe apologizes he means it but initially he did not apologize for this issue. Later he made amends and my heart and position of correctly applying forgiveness is in tact. I understand what forgiveness is and how it is biblically required and applied. Now OneLight you should apply the biblical principle of fair judgement and impartiality please or if you don't understand a situation remain silent .

Strange enough, but when you click th e"#89" above, it goes to #90, which is yours. Here is a screen shot of post 89.

I will post again the questions I had for you.

1. You claimed FresnoJoe was not required to answer my questions unless he was led to do so. You required me to answer FresnoJoe's questions. Considering the Holy Spirit which resides in me is the same Holy Spirit which resides in FresnoJoe do you consider I may also be led when to answer a question?

2. Considering you questioned my likeness to my Lord do you consider it Christ like to use misrepresentation when interrogating a person ?

You may also let this issue fall without further insult to my character if you choose.

1. You claimed FresnoJoe was not required to answer my questions unless he was led to do so. You required me to answer FresnoJoe's questions. Considering the Holy Spirit which resides in me is the same Holy Spirit which resides in FresnoJoe do you consider I may also be led when to answer a question?

2. Considering you questioned my likeness to my Lord do you consider it Christ like to use misrepresentation when interrogating a person ?

You may also let this issue fall without further insult to my character if you choose.

When someone apologizes, that should be the end of the division and a healing should start. To continue the conversation is rejecting the apology. If this insults you, I don't know what to say except that there is a reason it does not sit well and you should look at that. i never meant to insult you, but correct you.

The disagreement between you and Joe is over, and as far as I cam concerned, so is my explanation to you about accepting another persons apology.

Guest ninhao

When someone apologizes, that should be the end of the division and a healing should start. To continue the conversation is rejecting the apology. If this insults you, I don't know what to say except that there is a reason it does not sit well and you should look at that. i never meant to insult you, but correct you.

The disagreement between you and Joe is over, and as far as I cam concerned, so is my explanation to you about accepting another persons apology.

I accept you don't understand the nature of the event between FrosnoJoe and myself at all. I also assume you won't be answering my questions.

So be it :)

I ran across a passage that made me think of this thread, so I came back here to add a thought.

It was debated earlier, whether the magnitude of a sin and its subsequent punishment, escalates with the 'value' of the one sinned against. In that light I present the following snippet of scripture:

acts 5:4 Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” 5And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last

What is the implication here? In my mind, had Ananias merely been lying to Peter (men), God would not have taken his life. However, since he was also lying to God, God took his life on the spot - I beleive to demonstrate to the church how serious sin against God is.

Agree/disagree? No matter, just wanted to toss that in here.