• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Thanks Suzanne,

I've noted down the scriptures quoted and i'm gonna take a read.

Anne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

Words of comfort!

i began to read through the scriptures that Suzanne quoted me and only got as far as the end of the fourth verse in the first chapter of James, I read it over and over, it's just after eight o'clock in the morning here and i'm about to pop off to work but i just wanted to leave a thought with you all this morning before i did so.

The Book of James (KJV)

V1. James a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad greeting.

V2. My brethren, count it joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

V3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

V4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Are these not fantastic words of comfort? I think they are, James is saying hi to all his friends in Christ around the world and then goes on to say be glad that you find yourselfs facing many temptations and trials, he says listen in, the fact that your faith is being tested and will continue to be tested will make you stronger, will give you endurance, (I'm a bit stuck on the fourth verse Suzanne) has anyone got any views on this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Words of comfort!

i began to read through the scriptures that Suzanne quoted me and only got as far as the end of the fourth verse in the first chapter of James, I read it over and over, it's just after eight o'clock in the morning here and i'm about to pop off to work but i just wanted to leave a thought with you all this morning before i did so. 

The Book of James (KJV)

V1.  James a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad greeting.

V2.  My brethren, count it joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

V3.  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

V4.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Are these not fantastic words of comfort?  I think they are, James is saying hi to all his friends in Christ around the world and then goes on to say be glad that you find yourselfs facing many temptations and trials, he says listen in, the fact that your faith is being tested and will continue to be tested will make you stronger, will give you endurance, (I'm a bit stuck on the fourth verse Suzanne) has anyone got any views on this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Anne,

Here is a companion verse for verse 4.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I've also attached a link for study, that takes each underlined word and gives original Greek word meaning. You can study each word and its origin and meaning. The verse above from Thess. is from study of the word "entire".

Take a look and click on each word.

Study on James 1:4

I plan to look too! Thanks for the posting. This will be my first bite this morning, of partaking of the Lord today! Praise His Word! :wub:

Oh, and I noticed that James 1:5 was pretty awesome as well. It compliments that passage too. If you look at the phrase, "wanting nothing" in verse 4, it is also the same reference and meaning in verse 5.

:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In other words, God gives us everything we need to do His will, and be pleasing, we just have to TAKE HOLD of HIM/JESUS CHRIST!!! God provides if we ask and trust and believe Him. We have to be "patient and endure" sometimes though, after having done so. I think many times that's where we humans mess up SO BADLY, especially in this day and time. We have not learned to WAIT UPON THE LORD, we get impatient and go and do things in our own ways, and make a mess of things. That is one of the biggest things I am now learning.........how to WAIT WELL, and not lose hope, that God is working and doing things in my life. I truly believe that, and have seen it, after having waited.

(By the way Anne, where are you? It was 2:35 in Texas when it was 8:00 in your neighborhood? Just curious?)

Dgolvach??? You still there??? Hope so! :P

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Nice study Suzanne! :thumbsup:

May I offer another slant on endurance?

I was reading Genesis chapter 15 and two things stood out to me regarding the covenant between Abram and God.

God instructed Abram to do the customary thing when a legal covenant was to be made between two parties.

Nice study Suzanne!  :thumbsup:

May I offer another slant on endurance?

I was reading Genesis chapter 15 and two things stood out to me regarding the covenant between Abram and God.

God instructed Abram to do the customary thing when a legal covenant was to be made between two parties.

A study of the Epistle of James

ENDURANCE

CHAPTER 1

This is a study of the epistle of James by Matthew Henry and Thomas Scott and I in no way take credit for this wonderfully written study, I merely wish to share my lesson with other readers of Worthy Chat, I have added a few of my thoughts to this entry, enjoy!

VERSES 9

Dear Anne,

Thank you for posting that study. Now it is my turn to go and examine, isn't it. :24: I briefly skimmed the study, but fully plan on coming back to it when I can really chew on it.

"Lord Jesus Christ, my sweet Heavenly Father, I feel like a child lost in the maddening crowd. All have come to greet you in the streets, just like they did when you walked this earth. I have come to see too Lord, on my hands and knees i peer through the crowd just to catch a glimpse of your garment so that i might reach out and touch the hem. But Lord, i reach out and find i cannot touch you, it seems you are just beyond my reach Lord. Step a little closer, so that i may know you too. Amen."

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.

Deut. 4:29 But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Morning all!

Just wanted to share with you all some GREAT news, at 11:30pm last night (British Time), I got down on my knees and received the Lord Jesus Christ as my saviour, there were no great flashes of light, but i went to sleep last night with a smile on my face.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

It's gonna be a good day:

James Chap 1 V 12

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

I've wrote that down on a little piece of paper and i'm taking it to work with me. So just when i feel i'm about to slip, i'm gonna think on that verse.

Oh, it's gonna be a GREAT day.

God Bless Suzanne for posting this study.

Love of the Lord Jesus Christ to you all on this fine morning! :emot-highfive:

Dear Anne,

I am SO happy that you have surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus. You are now a Christ follower! He will never, NEVER, lead you astray. God bless you. Just keep partaking of Him/His Word every morning before you begin your day. Put on your armor! It will strengthen you, just as you said. Trust in Him.

You don't know how refreshing and encouraging you have been to me! I look forward to your posts every morning.

You will be in my prayers this morning. I will be giving thanks to the Lord, for you.

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

(p.s. - there were no great flashes of light for me either Anne. But my life has not been the same since. I am NOW living, REALLY living, and each day I surrender to Him, I look forward to where He will lead me. It is a daily thing, and for anyone who doesn't know me, to look at the outside appearance, I look pretty regular. But on the inside, and the truth of the matter is, it's not a regular life anymore. It's REAL!)

In His Love,

Suzanne