• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Suzanne,

I did ask Christ to come into my life when I was 17. Its been 25 years since and I still struggle with alot of stuff. I did mean it by the way. I saw that I was a sinner and I begged him to come in. I tried the best I could. I do believe he is who he claims to be. I would like to believe that I am forgiven but I can't because I blow it when it comes to endurance. In many areas! I talk to the Lord every day. I never miss. Really never! I don't know that he hears. I admit my sins and ask for power to change. I don't know what else to do. I study the bible. Go to church. I will never understand someone saying that you endure so you can be saved by grace. Why dose someone who endures even need grace? I would think its those who try but fail who need it." The healthy have no need of a physician". I don't know? I think I probably frustrated because of some health issues. But I did ask him and I was sincere. Maybe I'm saved but I don't feel saved.

Regards

Dan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Dan,

I'm going to respond with something I already shared with you on another thread a while back.

Here it is. I do hope you will consider my circumstances in what I posted and reflect on yours as well. :thumbsup:

Dear Dan,

Your post brings me to the topic of today's preaching of salvation.  I can attest that I was saved as a child, but, only saved as to the receiving of God's Word.  I had NOT come to a point of true heartfelt repentance. I was not fully comprehensive of salvation, until I fully understood my sin, which I did not at the tender age of 10.  So, in essence I did not consider myself as saved until I was around 34, when circumstances in my life had me absolutely face to face with God.  I had to cry out to Him to save me, because my sins had caused a mess in my life.  Affliction brings repentance many times.  I would venture to say that you may not have come to the point of complete surrender and repentance to God.  Many times, we will tell someone that we are not sure of our salvation, and they will tell us, "Oh, bless your heart, if you were saved, then you were SAVED!"  I do not believe we can assure ANYONE of their salvation, any more than we would tell someone they are absolutely NOT SAVED.  It goes both ways.  The Holy Spirit convicts for a reason, it is to bring us into a right standing before God, when we are not.  Your heart is troubled............do not ignore it.  Listen to it, and be honest with yourself and the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is able to save.  It is by the POWER OF HIS WORKING GRACE IN US!

Titus 2:11

Affliction can bring us into a right place with the Lord, if we will call out to Him and be saved!

Here are some verses from His Word regarding this.

Psalm 25:8 Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way. 9 The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. 10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. 11 For Your name's sake, O Lord, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 12 Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. 13 He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth. 14 The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant.

15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. 16 Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! 18 Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins. 19 Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred. 20 Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. 21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.

Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.

75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Dan, you cannot come to a point of true salvation UNTIL you have been BROKEN over your sins, and truly repented. 

If you have not been sure, then GET SURE!!!  TAKE HOLD OF THE POWER OF THE LORD TODAY!

The death of Jesus Christ and His shed blood, affords us the power to live in accordance to God's ways.  Pleasing to Him in His Righteousness and Power, overcoming the strongholds of sin, and effectively displaying the Power of God working in us and through us.  To be able to serve God acceptably with reverance and awe.

Titus 2:11  For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12  teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,

Grace is the power now available to us, by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, to accomplish the above in Titus.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was from your thread:

Power to Obey

Suzanne,

I did ask Christ to come into my life when I was 17. Its been 25 years since and I still struggle with alot of stuff. I did mean it by the way. I saw that I was a sinner and I begged him to come in. I tried the best I could. I do believe he is who he claims to be. I would like to believe that I am forgiven but I can't because I blow it when it comes to endurance. In many areas! I talk to the Lord every day. I never miss. Really never! I don't know that he hears. I admit my sins and ask for power to change. I don't know what else to do. I study the bible. Go to church. I will never understand someone saying that you endure so you can be saved by grace. Why dose someone who endures even need grace? I would think its those who try but fail who need it." The healthy have no need of a physician". I don't know? I think I probably frustrated because of some health issues. But I did ask him and I was sincere. Maybe I'm saved but I don't feel saved.

Regards

Dan

I'm truly wondering though, how often do you spend time in God's Word? Do you partake of Christ?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I'm sorta stuck in Romans. When Paul spoke of Abraham's rightousness he said it was imputed. To me that means not believing in your ability to overcome sin but believing in God's grace. At least thats what I learned when I was a Baptist. I'm not saying that sin has no consequence. It surely dose. One consequence I can think of is the heavy load of guilt you drag around if you know something isn't right. I wonder if being ashamed is the same as being lost? I hope not! I do fear God. I do read the bible. I've heard Romans taught from 2 different angles. What do you think Paul was trying to get across in that book? I'll have to check back later.

God Bless

Dan

Dear Dan,

I'm planning on some heavy duty posting here in a little while, and I REALLY want to address your Abraham topic. I'm really excited to do so. I have to sign off though and get a computer printer hooked up, so it will be after that.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I'm sorta stuck in Romans. When Paul spoke of Abraham's rightousness he said it was imputed. To me that means not believing in your ability to overcome sin but  believing in God's grace. At least thats what I learned when I was a Baptist. I'm not saying that sin has no consequence. It surely dose. One consequence I can think of is the heavy load of guilt  you drag around if you know something isn't right. I wonder if being ashamed is the same as being lost? I hope not! I do fear God. I do read the bible. I've heard Romans taught from 2 different angles. What do you think Paul was trying to get across in that book? I'll have to check back later.

God Bless

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, here we go!!!

Let's look at the passage in specifics.

I believe this one will do:

Romans 4:1 What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?* 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: 7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."

The above speaks of the difference between a man who does works because he has to, and the man who does something out of belief/faith because he trusts the Lord.

Here's the scoop on Abraham. Now think about it, and put yourself in his place. (I'm going to break up the passages in pieces just so that you can REALLY ponder this, and get how BIG this was!)

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house,

What if the Holy Spirit were saying the same to you? Could you? Would you? That would be a pretty big leap of faith wouldn't you say? Not to mention the fact that God told him to "Get Out" to "Go", but the Lord didn't give him specifics? He just said you go to the place I will show you!

Now, do you think Abraham trusted God? Was his faith BIG? So BIG that he could be obedient to God?

12:4 So Abram left, as the Lord had told him;

Do you think he had a relationship with God before that? Did he know Him well enough to trust him? Sure he did. Think of the reference God made to him........James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.

2 Chronicles 20:Are You not our God, who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham Your friend forever?

Genesis 26:1 There was a famine in the land, besides the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines, in Gerar. 2 Then the Lord appeared to him and said: "Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land of which I shall tell you. 3 Dwell in this land, and I will be with you and bless you; for to you and your descendants I give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father. 4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws."

Ok, so now, go back to Romans 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."

Now Hebrews speaks of this righteous one will live by faith.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Abraham lived his belief! He obeyed because He believed.

Here's what his faith looked like:

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; 10 for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

He had to have spent time with the Lord and gotten to know Him, don't you think? He knew God well enough to believe what He said. He knew God, he loved God.

4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

It is about love in Christ Jesus, and what He accomplishes through us when we believe Him and obey. It is not about us and what we do. It is about Him.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I don't think the scripture in James is meant as words of discouragement, i've been encouraged by what i've read so far, but then i'm new to the Bible.

I grew up with the Bible and read parts of it many times, but that's all i was doing, reading, i don't know if it's because i got saved, but now when i read the Bible i seem to be hearing it too, does that make sense?

Everyday, before i go to work, i read maybe a verse or three, i've been trying not to read too much at once, incase i miss something or fail to understand it properly. Now i'm only on verses 12 through to 25 of the book of James, but so much of it is helping me in my day to day life as a new Christian. Situations have arisen where normally i would have dealt with them in a very different manner the week previous, such as an incident which occurred last night, which i won't go into as it's not really relevant, but i had been reading through chapter 1 again yesterday, then i went on my way to a heritage evening, anyway, later a situation arose which had a few people a bit hot under the collar. Now normally i would have reacted with a few choice words, but just as i was about to open my mouth the following verses came into my head:

V19 "Wherefore my beloved brethern let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath."

V20 "For the wrath of man worketh no the righteousness of God."

So i turned around and walked away, if you knew me you would understand.

But equally i have problems with endurance, and when i find myself beginning to fall, i'm ashamed of myself, but you know a week ago it wouldn't even have cost me a second thought.

To me, endurance is not the key to salvation, because "through grace are ye saved through faith," i think endurance is a lesson we learn after we are saved by the grace of God.

But that's just me, maybe i'm wrong. :thumbsup:

Your friend in Christ Jesus

Anne

Wow Anne!

You are expressing exactly what it is to experience Jesus Christ, in the flesh.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Just thought i'd share my morning Bible study with you all, hope you find as much joy in this verse as i did.

STUDY OF THE EPISTLE OF JAMES

CHAPTER 1

VERSES 12

Verse 12

The crown of life is promised to all who have the LOVE OF GOD REIGNING IN THEIR HEARTS.  Every soul that truly loves God will have their trials in this world fully recompensed in the world beyond, where that love will be made perfect.

Our Heavenly Father will bless all those who patiently endure trials, and manfully resist temptations, for at the end of these tribulations, which they endure faithfully; our Heavenly father is waiting to welcome us with open arms.

Amen,

Love to you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ :24:

Anne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Anne,

And I can truthfully attest to the fact that many times, the enduring that we suffer now, can also be rewarded NOW, in this day and time. I have experienced it abundantly. I didn't have to WAIT, I have endured certain trials in the here and now, that God has already FULLY REWARDED. I have seen Him make them right, NOW! He merely asked for me to wait upon Him in those trying circumstances, and not to REACT too quickly of my own volition. He has asked of me to wait upon Him in times that did not make sense. And then, He brought His Light into those circumstances eventually, in HIS TIME, according to HIS PLAN. When I believed and did not become impatient/lose faith.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Amen Suzanne,

Also very true, God Bless you.