IGNORED

What to do when called a Bigot/Intolerant?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Im not saying be supportive but dont come off as intolerant or bigoted and give the opening for the point youre making to be distracted by your opponent using an attempted character assassination like calling you a bigot or intolerant.

It wastes your time having to defend your character and its an old trick to discredit your arguement without a valid reason.

You already see that the logic used with claiming youre inrolerant is a recursive loop so do yourself the favor and dont even address the claim.

Dont let it become an issue of intolerance when its a matter of Gods law not whatever legal fiction society fabricates.

Make it clear you dont hate anyone but you loathe sin as abomination, you love the sinner, not the sin, and hate the sin, not the sinner, and its best to get that out of the way before anyone even suggests you harbor ill will.

Finally when engaged with an enemy be concise and to the point. The more you write the easier it is to sidetrack the whole arguement by way of your opponent taking something out of context in attempt to ridicule you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I like this definition used by the Urban Dictionary:

Bigotry is an accusation, which is often used by liberal and marxist types to condemn those people who are not of the same "tolerant" or "open minded" attitude as themselves.

By using this term they create what I call an infinite loop of intolerance.

If someone is accused of bigotry then the accusing party must also be intolerant of the accused persons intolerance; therefore, it is self evident that the term bigot in a sense, can not actually exist in a free society or open debate because of it's self-destructive, self-imploding and hypocritical nature.

It is a brushstroke for the liberal and marxist types on the website but I think it does sum up how the word is used in present time for pro-gay advocates. The problem is what to do when called this. I have gotten to the point where I have been desensitized from this word mostly because the meaning has just been corrupted by hypocrisy. It is an emotional attack to try to shut the other person up. Do I just ignore the person? Engage them in a discussion (I don't think that is possible)? Or laugh at their attempt to try to make me feel bad and walk away like with bullies?

Cop out.

Show me how it is bigotry.

Most usually can't.

I do not like bigotry, I make effort to not me a bigot, so it is not often that this happens. When it does, I consider the source. Chances are, that anyone who thinks I am a bigot, is not well informed or has such an unbalanced world view that I cannot be disturbed by their opinion of me.

However, since their opinion of me can affect how they see Christians in general, I will take the time to explain more thoroughly why I hold the views I do, if they still consider me a bigot, about all I can do is pray for their enlightenment.