• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/14/1983

In your opinion, do you think gay marriage will become a reality in all 50 states? Is it inevitable?

I think so, esecially considering what a godless nation America is and how we see this vile sin endorsed by the masses. But it's not correct to refer to it as "gay marriage" ...marriage is only between a man and a woman.

Edited by TheresaJ

Guest Butero

In your opinion, do you think gay marriage will become a reality in all 50 states? Is it inevitable?

Only if the U.S. Supreme Court forces it on all 50 states. Some states will never vote for gay marriage if it is by a popular vote. In my state, we just voted with a 60 percent majority to define marriage as between one man and one woman. It would have likely been more lopsided had it not been for a misinformation campaign by those who support gay marriage. They tried to scare people into opposing it by saying it would effect other people in a negative way in addition to those seeking same sex marriage.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

Only if the U.S. Supreme Court forces it on all 50 states. Some states will never vote for gay marriage if it is by a popular vote. In my state, we just voted with a 60 percent majority to define marriage as between one man and one woman. It would have likely been more lopsided had it not been for a misinformation campaign by those who support gay marriage. They tried to scare people into opposing it by saying it would effect other people in a negative way in addition to those seeking same sex marriage.

The U.S. Supreme Court forced the whole nation to accept the Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare)... I wonder what are the chances with the issue of same sex marriage being forced on the whole nation?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

The U.S. Supreme Court forced the whole nation to accept the Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare)... I wonder what are the chances with the issue of same sex marriage being forced on the whole nation?

When is the next presidential election? It will happen before then.

I can easily see that happening.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I don't know if the whole nation has to accept the Obamacare. I read this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/30/obamacare-block_n_2985587.html

(I know huff post isn't the most likable post) And it seems that some states can block it so the states can preserve some type of power...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

The states cant block it. States have gone to court over it and lost. It is not something the states can choose to avoid.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I actually don't think it will be in every state unless the supreme court makes a ruling that would require every state to adopt gay marriage. I believe northern states would quickly allow gay marriage in the coming years but I don't think the Southern states will allow it since they are normally more devout in Christianity than the northern states.

...............................Southern states 'more devote in Christianity than northern states'? Are you serious? Especially when it comes to marriage? It is a FACT that northern states, even among Jews and atheists...historically have fewer divorces per capita than those insouthern states...especially among those who describe themselves as Evangelical Christians...Southern Evangelical Christians have an ABYSMAL success rate at marriage, and are more likely to divorce and remarry into adulterous relationships than Catholics, Jews or even Atheists....That's what makes this debate so peculiar...(Much of this is supposedly linked to the lower education levels of those who describe themselves as 'evangelical' and 'southern'....and their may some truth in that...That said...Those who 'claim' to be 'Christian' and more 'devout'...in reality are LESS DEVOUT when in comes to faithfulness in marriage....rejection of divorce....and remarriage even when these 're-marriages' are actually sinful and adulterous by any scriptural standard.....That said, I'd like to see the statistics for longevity of gay partnerships before I pass judgement....I personally know and have known, gay (male and female) couples whose relationships have lasted longer than many of their Christian heterosexual counterparts....The REAL question remains: Why should we DENY marital rights to gay couples...even if we have a problem with the 'biblical' or 'moral' or 'Christian' position of their relationship.... when we do NOT have any problem allowing our fellow 'Christians' to divorce at will, and remarry at will, even when it is clear their new 'marriages' are not 'marriages' at all, but sinful adulterous relationships according to God's standards?......

• Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I actually don't think it will be in every state unless the supreme court makes a ruling that would require every state to adopt gay marriage. I believe northern states would quickly allow gay marriage in the coming years but I don't think the Southern states will allow it since they are normally more devout in Christianity than the northern states.

...............................Southern states 'more devote in Christianity than northern states'? Are you serious? Especially when it comes to marriage? It is a FACT that northern states, even among Jews and atheists...historically have fewer divorces per capita than those insouthern states...especially among those who describe themselves as Evangelical Christians...Southern Evangelical Christians have an ABYSMAL success rate at marriage, and are more likely to divorce and remarry into adulterous relationships than Catholics, Jews or even Atheists....That's what makes this debate so peculiar...(Much of this is supposedly linked to the lower education levels of those who describe themselves as 'evangelical' and 'southern'....and their may some truth in that...That said...Those who 'claim' to be 'Christian' and more 'devout'...in reality are LESS DEVOUT when in comes to faithfulness in marriage....rejection of divorce....and remarriage even when these 're-marriages' are actually sinful and adulterous by any scriptural standard.....That said, I'd like to see the statistics for longevity of gay partnerships before I pass judgement....I personally know and have known, gay (male and female) couples whose relationships have lasted longer than many of their Christian heterosexual counterparts....The REAL question remains: Why should we DENY marital rights to gay couples...even if we have a problem with the 'biblical' or 'moral' or 'Christian' position of their relationship.... when we do NOT have any problem allowing our fellow 'Christians' to divorce at will, and remarry at will, even when it is clear their new 'marriages' are not 'marriages' at all, but sinful adulterous relationships according to God's standards?......

First I would like to see the statistics for your marriage rates especially since you state "Facts" (I'm not just going to take your word for it). I'm just going to let you ride out your beef with Christians/Southern states because you seem to have a bias against them and a strong support of other religions. I also stated that northern states will probably allow it quicker than southern because they are! All the states that have legalized gay marriage have mostly been northern with some middle. The question was if gay marriage could be legal in all 50 states. I answered no because southern states are still pretty much against it...you didn't state anything in regards to the OP and just began talking about the hypocrisy of Christians in southern states. Here is a table of the divorce rates from the census-http://www.cdc.gov/n...90_95_99-11.pdf

The table shows that it is not a fact that southern states have higher divorce rates and this table- http://www.cdc.gov/n...hsr/nhsr064.pdf shows that the cohabitation has increased thus basically instead of the northern states being squeaky clean on divorce their could just be a decrease in marriage and increase in cohabitation...which is still sinning. Cohabitation is still living in sin.

Second you keep using "we" as if all Christians are okay with divorce and adulterous relationships. Let me be the first Christian you meet (even though it is online) to say that I DO NOT support adulterous relationships or divorces in result of the adulterous relationships. The innocent can divorce the adulterer but the adulterer's future marriages are not recognized(there are many threads and I suggest you read them because they are informative). And you are correct that a marriage between two adulterous people is not a actual "marriage".

One problem with this debate is that people like you use collective guilt in that you say "Well Christians have done X,Y and Z so why should they deny (insert social problem)" with that type of argument you are already being judgmental as if you really know every single Christian's viewpoints on adultery/divorce and thus stating we should have no type of argument due to the wrongdoings of others. The type of argument you are using is one of collective guilt in that all of my arguments and beliefs should be negated because you know of some Christians who did bad things. It is not my fault that other Christians are adulterous and I think what they are doing is wrong the fact of the matter is that I cannot actually stop them. Unless we bring in a law that says "Adulterous people cannot get married" there is nothing that can be done. And remember such laws were used quite frequently in the past and caused turmoil because not all parties were actually adulterers ( some people just wanted to shame their spouses).

I do not know any homosexual couples whose marriages have lasted longer than the heterosexual couples I know. A study hasn't been done on homosexual monogamy since 2004 due to the rarity (they only make up 3% of the population) http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS04C02. The problem with anecdotes like your's and mine about homosexual monogamy is that they just do not comprise the total gay population. It is like me saying "I don't know any black women who have had abortions" but yet they make up 38% of abortion victims thus my small little social circle obviously does not make up the entire black population just like your anecdote does not make up the entire gay population.

"Why should we DENY marital rights to gay couples" (your quote)

Who is this "we" you are talking about? Are you also a Christian? Also I am against gay "marriage" because homosexuality is a sin and thus it would not be a blessed union. If you read my previous post you would understand that even if it is legalized it is only the government who legalized homosexuality not God. The union is not a holy matrimony...it is a union that man has established as being right. Also I cannot "deny" a person anything. If I am allowed to vote I will vote how I see fit based on my morals (just like you) but I cannot take away the government sanctioned union of anyone. You cannot deny anything from me either...not my vote, my voice, my freedom...just nothing. Everything given to me is by God and in his I have my freedom and man cannot deny me anything. Even when blacks were enslaved they had their freedom (those who walked with God)...when they married God blessed their marriages even though men chose not too notice, when they spoke God listened even though man did not...they were forever free even though on this earth they had bondage.

"when we do NOT have any problem allowing our fellow 'Christians' to divorce at will, and remarry at will, even when it is clear their new 'marriages' are not 'marriages' at all, but sinful adulterous relationships according to God's standards?"

Again with the "We"...I am not apart of this we you are talking about (and I'm sure none of the other posters are apart of the "we" that you keep referring too. I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with Christians divorcing at will and guess what....I can't really do too much about it except state when it is wrong to the person. I cannot allow or or prohibit a person from committing adultery because God gives us all free will! I can tell people what they are doing is wrong (biblical) but I cannot stop them. Also you answered your own frustrations in that people who commit adultery and divorce or divorce for some stupid reason are actually not allowed to remarry so their marriage is only recognized by man and not by God.

You ended your post with the correct answer in that even if gay unions are legalized they are not recognized by God neither are adulterous marriages. Also Christians did have (and some still do) have the same vigor for claiming the sins of adultery and divorce but some "Christians" fell away from the bible and began legitimizing their sins thus suffocating the Word with their own thorns. If you haven't noticed this is happening with gay unions. Christians are stating that gay unions should not be called "marriages" while other "Christians" are suffocating the righteousness of others with their thorns.

There are only so many battles that Christians can fight (the rest are up to God) and unfortunately we cannot change a whole world full of sexual depravity and sin especially with arguments like yours that tries to place collective guilt on ALL Christians to negate our own argument based on the wrong doings of others. If you know Christians who commit adultery and see no wrong then they are not walking with God but don't use "we" and state that I am the same as they are! I am not the same as all other people! That is a stereotype.

I'm not going to stop stating what is right and wrong based on biblical principles because some Christians do bad things...I'll call them out too but I am not being quiet because you think I should. Sorry this is long but I get frustrated with people group me in with adulterers, murders and other ilk who claim to be Christian and use collective guilt.

Edited by revolutionist90

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

homebild: we do NOT have any problem allowing our fellow 'Christians' to divorce at will, and remarry at will

Who in the world said we don't have a problem with that??? :13: