IGNORED

A Good Rep of Jesus Christ & How to Avoid False Doctrine?

Six-strings

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am afraid I must disagree with the notion that the church should be tolerant of the homosexual lifestyle in the name of love. Homosexuality has to be just about the most graphically and diametrically opposing viewpoint to all things that belong to God as there can be for any human to exhibit, but when seen from a bird's eye view, it can be seen to be, in reality, just the tip of a very large iceburg.

According to the book of Romans, chapter one, God speaks specifically about what kind of person embraces the homosexual lifestyle, and it is clear from the text that before a man or woman enters into that lifestyle they have already said in their hearts that there is no God in their life but themselves. They have seen all the evidence of God's divine authority over their lives in the things that He has created, and they have chosen to deny Him. So, in response to their denial of His sovereignity, He had given them over to reprobate minds, so that they would do in their flesh those depraved things their minds have already conceived.

Romans goes on to say that in addition to this particular depravity, such people are also given over to a very long list of other undesireable traits. Paul wrapped it up in verse 32 when he said "and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, (emphasis mine) they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them."

The Episcopal church was named in one of the replies, which encourages homosexuality, and even has homosexual clergy ... in light of Romans chapter one, such an all embracing attitude concerning homosexuality is to be shunned by anyone callng themselves a child of God, not just because homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, but because such an embracing attitude is evidence that they have denied the very sovereignity of God Himself.

In the grand scheme of things, I do not feel that one is truly under much obligation to call attention to the particular sin of homosexuality with any gay person, it being sufficient to simply stick to the main problem, namely, point out to them that they deny God in the first place. In my heart of hearts, I believe if we focus our attention on the fact that the wages of ALL sin is death, and that only Jesus can save us from this death, we will have done our part in witnessing to our fellow humans. In this way, the homosexual lifestyle, and all those other nasty attributes, will become a thing of the past as the person becomes a new creature in Christ.

May God bless you all ...

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for all your posts. I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond.

I think hate is the worst kind of abomination. The Christian's hatred of homosexuality is turning others away from God.

Romans 1:22-23 Professing themselves to be wise they became fools;And changed the image of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man,birds,four-footed beasts, and creeping things. That's what Christians are doing to God's image.

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, Let God be true and every man a liar.

Jesus talks about the tongue being a double edged sword and that it's not what goes in the mouth but that which cometh out of it that is defiled.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

There is a distinction made clearly between the sin and the person. Love the person, hate the sin. This is in line with the godly character of any Christian who takes the scriptures at face value. Hating sin is not hatred, it's righteousness in practice.

The bible tells us to abhor and refrain from all appearance of evil.

You don't have to kill anyone with the sword of the tongue, because God's Word is what does that.

Presenting the truth in loving fashion may seem hateful to the reprobate mind, but it is not. It is an act of love.